My 4-2-3-1. Possession, Goals and exciting football.

• Thread starter Thread starter NoIdeas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12K
Disappointing results on my end... View attachment 588190

You're QPR away against Liverpool? It's obviously disappointing to lose, but I wouldn't say that that's an incredibly bad result. The match stats are fairly even. I'd say give this a bit of time and see if you can tweak to make any improvements ;)

You're QPR away against Liverpool? It's obviously disappointing to lose, but I wouldn't say that that's an incredibly bad result. The match stats are fairly even. I'd say give this a bit of time and see if you can tweak to make any improvements ;)

Yea, I'm still using it, seeing if it will work still, I'll give it half a season and post results :)

Long time lurker, just want to say that this tactic has brilliant potential but I'm currently leaking goals.

I'd love some more tips with regards to OI or PI. Am using the V3 atm.

If you're winning then I'd say you could maybe change the WB's to support with 'get forward more'. This will give your CB's an option to pass to but still give you an attacking edge on the wings without the WB's bombing forward. You could try marking the opp FB's/WB's with the SS's. I personally use the OI's of hard tackling on WB's/FB's, wingers and CM's (if I'm not carded at the time)

Still leaking goals I'm afraid. I'm at a lost because I score 2-3 per game but concede 2 at the very least.

A lot of one two by the strikers as well as opposing wingers unmarked

If the opp is better than you then it's very hard not to concede in this game...it's very hard not to concede in this game period. The thing I like about this tactic is it does score, but you will concede chances with that as this ME doesn't allow for balanced game all the way through. You'll generally find that with a 2 goal lead the opp will suddenly get super powers and your team plays like ****...it's frustrating and you'll find that with any tactic. If you're winning then you could opt for another seperate defensive tactic as you won't be able to make this defensive as well as keeping the attacking fluidity. experiment a little and see what you come up with. My experience is that the midfield just stops tackling in any tactic I've ever created and so you'll get a midfielder just run past them and lay a ball through for a striker...thats my experience and I've found no way to stop that. You rely some what on luck with this years edition of the game.

Hopefully you're winning most games? Which team are you?

I'm Coventry mate, got them up to the championship by finishing 2nd using another tactic, but it was pretty toothless at this level so changed to this tactic midway through, luckily the fluidity is very close to perfect though that doesn't seem to help.

I'll have to tweak it a little but if I can't then I'll just let this one go. Probably a better tactic for the top teams, although these stories about people taking mid table teams to first place always seem to lure me in.

Cheers for the help/

Okay, it seems with the poorer teams, using v1 is producing better results. While a team with a better base squad revels in using v3. This tactic seems to push your team onto the next level. Being honest, Southampton have got a decent squad, with a few signings they can be a top four team.

My Wigan side has got a fair few talented players, by no means top 6 but the tactic seems to push an extra 20% in the run of a season.

Losing to Liverpool away 3-1 is by no means a bad result for QPR, I've had a few whoopings using this formation too. using it over a full season is where this tactics shows its quality.

This was ridiculously unlucky, seems a lack of clinical finishing to be honest. 5 CCC against Liverpool away is what I expect from this tactic.

Not sure what's going on with the corners, but it's a mess. Swapped out for Jassars and much improved.

Not played many games, but I'm finding the tactic is much better defensively if played as Fluid and counter. At present v3 is very leaky, even against weaker opponents. Going forwards, great. But winning 4-2 rather than 2-0.

Back