devertion

Reaction score
View attachment 328685 Version 2. Is just a simple fix changing BWM to defend. Having looked at other tactics. I am going to try some defenders on cover.

After trying many of the beta tactics, I was very frustrated with my Arsenal team. So, I sold Ozil(scapegoat) and manged to form this tactic. Your Wings can be your preference. In the mid, the BWM is a must. I use defend against tough opposition. I have experimented with other roles for the other 2 mids and have just been happy with this all around tactic. It can become very defensive or offensive depending on your style and quality. If you need to hold a lead, I always change my WBs to FBs - defend. Doesn't hurt to change mid to defensive roles also.
View attachment 328707
It is played with minimal instruction. It is an attacking style, but I usually play on Control against tough teams.
View attachment 329033
A high line is a must here. Fast teams and great teams will take advantage of the gap between the Mid and the Def.
View attachment 329032
Roles are pretty simple. Cross Cross and Cross! Right winger Role is cross more.The Right DLP and RWB have cross from deep. I like deep cross onto the IF and Striker. The LWB is on close down and cross more.
Most of my goals against during play come on my left side.
View attachment 329031View attachment 329030
Still early in the season. However, the turnaround from my plays on beta has been astounding.

Edit: I have attempted to add some set piece pics. There has been some improvement, but not much.
View attachment 328705View attachment 328704
Next I have added some of my Opposition Instructions. I feel these are key to this build. The big weakness is from the wings. I close down on anything that is the first wave of wide players. You can always add a WB if you feel they are special(Baines...).
View attachment 328706

View attachment 328685 Version 2

Last edited:
Hey Devertion, just so you're aware, I tested your tactic in a tactic-testing thread and it came 2nd in the first season:)

Changing the Rigth Winger to IF would work? thanks in advice!

Wow really good tactic.
I tried lot of tactic but no result.
Now, with your tactic, i can win with Lyon.

Thanks a lot :)

I am happy for the feedback and your successes. This is only my second year playing FM and maybe some more experience players can tweak this a little better. What I like most about this tactic is it works against both strong and weak teams with just minor tweaks you can do on the fly.

Nothing major. Just moved BWM to defend it was something I was manually doing against tougher teams. Also, strong teams I go to the Control setting as opposed to Attacking. Added some pictures and suggestion on Opponent Instruction. If anyone has some suggestions I would be more than happy to try them out. I really was a newb not 6 months ago before I caught the FM fever.

Last edited:
I tried it and it worked. Maybe it took a while to correct the change. Let me know if you are still having issues please.

How will this work on lower leagu teams? Is it to attacking you think? Use both attacking home and away? :)

I haven't used it in a a lower league, but I have tried it using Freiburg in Germany. I am like 12 games in and I am in third. Biggest issue has been finishing. The chances are there. My only lost has come to Bayern on a late free kick, and I tied my game with Dortmund. The rest of my games have been wins or ties.
It is very attacking and direct. I don't personally care for possession soccer. So, I try not to play with it.
I play it home and away. You can make minor adjustments to suit most teams. Maybe go control against a counter and/or slow down the play. Big thing I notice is the importance of Opponent Instruction.

I am still working on the tactic. I have been try some new things. In the mid, I have been playing with DLP-s, BWM-d, DLP-s. Both DLP's have cross from deep roles. I think this helps with the gap between the MF's and DBs. I will continue to work with the tactic.