My Ac Milan 4-3-3 Tactic. need some Advice

lsamped

Reaction score
I am currently in my first season with AC Milan. I started off the season winning the first three games without conceding a goal. however, after those three games, the squad went downhill and I find myself in 5th place. I am currently third in the league in goals scored, but I feel my squad's defense is very inconsistent. My defense constantly gets carved open, misses tackles, and allows wide open shots quite often. My vision for this tactic, is to use a deep lying forward(support) two attacking wingers, an attacking advanced playmaker, a support center mid/deep lying playmaker, and a defense ball winning midfielder. I mainly want the full backs playing defense, but I also occasionally want them crossing the ball into the box. I find that throughout matches, my players pass the ball back to my defense once we get over the halfway line which is not what i want. any suggestions for how i can build a stable back line?

2sb5qpj.png

let me know if you need any other images.

I am currently in my first season with AC Milan. I started off the season winning the first three games without conceding a goal. however, after those three games, the squad went downhill and I find myself in 5th place. I am currently third in the league in goals scored, but I feel my squad's defense is very inconsistent. My defense constantly gets carved open, misses tackles, and allows wide open shots quite often. My vision for this tactic, is to use a deep lying forward(support) two attacking wingers, an attacking advanced playmaker, a support center mid/deep lying playmaker, and a defense ball winning midfielder. I mainly want the full backs playing defense, but I also occasionally want them crossing the ball into the box. I find that throughout matches, my players pass the ball back to my defense once we get over the halfway line which is not what i want. any suggestions for how i can build a stable back line?

The thing about milan is, you got around 10 new players, looking at the image you have bought also Ayew and Dede.
That means, De Jong, Montolivo, Ayew, Dede, Balotelli, Niang, Zapata and Troare is having a first season at milan. You will atleast need a season to get em to be perfect.

And your a new manager with a new style of play, and you have probably made alot of changes to the staff etc.
you need to give em time.

You cant test a tactic or get great results with someone who dont understand eachother or know how they play. Once they learn they will be more galled.

The thing about milan is, you got around 10 new players, looking at the image you have bought also Ayew and Dede.
That means, De Jong, Montolivo, Ayew, Dede, Balotelli, Niang, Zapata and Troare is having a first season at milan. You will atleast need a season to get em to be perfect.

And your a new manager with a new style of play, and you have probably made alot of changes to the staff etc.
you need to give em time.

You cant test a tactic or get great results with someone who dont understand eachother or know how they play. Once they learn they will be more galled.

that is a very good point! do you see anything noticeable in the tactic that is worth changing up?

Personally I don't really like how BWMs behave and would much rather set the player as a CM defend. For me, BWMs have too much aggression and not enough control, and I get better results using a CMd instead.

You could also try having a higher defensive line as you are using an attacking mentality. You may have too large a gap between defence and midfield for the opposition players to exploit.

One other thought, try changing one winger to an IF, with an attacking forward and an AP support behind. But if you are happy with your attack then ignore that :).

To get the squad to gel together better, have the training on team cohesion and match prep on team work.

that is a very good point! do you see anything noticeable in the tactic that is worth changing up?

Dont think its to much you really need to change, I would have played with more ridge style vs equal teams and balanced as standard and when you can take the chance or need to, fluid. When you only have 4 behind the ball when defending its not to smart to let your fb run over the pitch as they will fall behind when they need to defend. And keep in mind when using this formation its easy to just drag your AMC to a DMC postion if needed to.

Personally I don't really like how BWMs behave and would much rather set the player as a CM defend. For me, BWMs have too much aggression and not enough control, and I get better results using a CMd instead.

You could also try having a higher defensive line as you are using an attacking mentality. You may have too large a gap between defence and midfield for the opposition players to exploit.

One other thought, try changing one winger to an IF, with an attacking forward and an AP support behind. But if you are happy with your attack then ignore that :).

would a cm (defend) and a support deep lying playmaker work?

2sb5qpj.png

let me know if you need any other images.

Tactic is not most important...management is extremely important.

Lets go to tactic...

El shaarawy is natural left inside forward, so dont waste him on right wing. He is inside forward! Montolivo is your best creative midfielder, dont waste him as CM, better option is DLP...i curently use him at AMC position AP-support...closer to striker is better. Balotelli is best as poacher...like pazzini. Train balotelli to AMC, so he can play as trequartista, so you can play with all forwards available. Mexes is fantastic stopper(aggression, bravery, determination, strength, jumping). Play a lot with de sciglio, he will turn on WC fullback/wingback. Constant and abate are very good wingbacks. Be smart and get the best from players you got!

Sell robinho, bonera, traore, flamini and salamon...they are useless!

This is my starting line up:

1st season:

fm-2013-06-01-11-47-25-0.png

This is raikan borrusia dortmund tactic...tweaked version by me. I have 2 verison, if you want to, say it ;)