MatthewMcKay

Reaction score
This is my first story so let me know how i can improve or if you feel anything i'm doing is wrong.|)

I've decided to go with Arsenal as i have never been them in previous fm's so this is a new challenge for me. ^^)

Ive already started the season and i've played a few games this is how its gone so far :

View attachment 244730

As you can see i've made a very strong start to the season. Scoring many and conceding NONE!!!
I find this pleasing as we all know Arsenal's defence and GK aren't the best :p

TRANSFERS

I was given a transfer budget of £43,500,000

This is a list of my transfers:

View attachment 244731

If you're wondering how i afforded this i am using 48 month installments :)
I felt that that the Arsenal midfield needed strengthening since Fabregas' departure. His replacement is Hamsik as i feel he is better than Arteta.

Hamsik profile:

View attachment 244733

I also felt Arsenal lacked a bit of physical presence so i felt Fellaini is perfect for this, big, strong and fantastic in the air ad also technically gifted.

Fellaini Profile
View attachment 244734

TACTICS

I wanted to play possesion football just like Arsenal do in real life.

The formation i use is 4-3-3 with a dmc

View attachment 244735

Team Instructions:

View attachment 244736

The main player in this formation is of coursre RVP. He is my goalscorer ^^).
View attachment 244737

As you can see 8goals in 5apps is a brilliant return this includes a brilliant hattrick against the team i support Liverpool ^^). He even managed to miss a penalty lol.

View attachment 244738

Van Persie Player Instructions:

View attachment 244739

It is important that you give him little creative freedom (so he will follow your instructions). Also his wide play should be 'in the channels' so that he drags defenders, creating space for your other front men. Make sure he rarely runs with the ball as he will lose the ball and not make as many good runs if this is set to 'often'. Runs from deep SHOULD be 'often' as then he will always look to get into goalscoring positions.

That wraps up this post. Let me know what you think and remember this is my first tie so go easy on me. ^^)

In my experiance with arsenal rosiky, arshavin and ramsey have shone. Chamberlain is also incredible, play him in Lc etc. I felt Arsenal needed a lb/rb such as santon or fabio (fave). I would have thought it better to buy Fierro( chivas, free, comes to club june 12) as a future rvp and morgan di santis( amazing backup) than fellaini. Hamsik was a good signing although you have spent alot on him.

thanks :). Yeah i seriously need fbs as Sagna is injured and Santos is suspended. Im having to play Mertesacker and Djourou in the fb role LOL. I felt Felliaini was a good cdm and young 24 years old. Hamsik was more expensive than i anticipated but i know what a good player he is :). Next season i hope to purchase Mbaye Niang who is a great young prospect of a st. I'm giving Chamberlain a while in the u18s to develop a little then i will gradually introduce him. :) Also i hope to sign Sime Vrsjalko and perhaps Jose Angel or Jack Robinson. :)

thanks :). Yeah i seriously need fbs as Sagna is injured and Santos is suspended. Im having to play Mertesacker and Djourou in the fb role LOL. I felt Felliaini was a good cdm and young 24 years old. Hamsik was more expensive than i anticipated but i know what a good player he is :). Next season i hope to purchase Mbaye Niang who is a great young prospect of a st. I'm giving Chamberlain a while in the u18s to develop a little then i will gradually introduce him. :) Also i hope to sign Sime Vrsjalko and perhaps Jose Angel or Jack Robinson. :)

Instead of getting Niang try the cheaper eric Torres or Fierro from Chivas. I think u should put chamberlain in the reserves and play him in league/fa cup matches. Sime Vrsjalko would be an eccelent signing but im unsure of jack ore jose. Id advise fabio or davide santon instead.

UPDATE

League Table after 10 Games
View attachment 244743

Content with how we are doing in the league. Plaesed that we remain unbeaten so far.:)

FIXTURES PLAYED

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 244744

Draws are begginning to creep in which is frustrating. Threw away 2 goal lead against Wolves and drew :( thought the same was going to happen against Everton but Walcott scored in the last minute. Worried about my defence becoming very leaky all of a sudden.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 244745

We are struggling badly in the champions league. Unlucky against Dortmund but we were terrible against Lille. Great result against Valencia :).

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

View attachment 244760

As you can see we are 4 points adrift of Lille who are first :( going to have to win the rest of my games to top the group.

Last edited:
How much transfer budget have you got left?

- Centre out the text, looks better.
- Use bold, italic or underline. To make it look more professional.
- You a bigger size font for the headlines.
- Maybe a little bit more background story would be nice. This is just like: matches, fixtures, tables. Done. Just a suggestion.
- Use proper English, so don't: "tiep liek diz". Unless you're not English, in that case minor spellingmistakes could be made.

Just a quick comment on how to improve your story.

I have started an Arsenal save to see which players u can actually get. So heres what ive done, hope it helps:
Transfers in:all in €
Erick Torres-€4m-amc/stc-18
Santi Cazorla-11.5m plus Miguel on p.ex-mlrc/amlrc-26
Carlos Diogo- free-dr-27
Jamaal Lascelles 1.2m- dc-17
Adam Campbell-1.7m-stc-16
Jan Vertonghan-11.5m-dc/dmc-24
Leighton Baines-20m-dl/ml-26
Total-50m

Transfers out:
Chuks Aneke-loan-Rotherham
Chamakh-ln fee3.1m plus future 3m- losc lille
Nico Yennaris-loan-Torqay
Fabianski-3.7m-Aston Villa
Andre Santos-8.25m-Malaga
Miguel-p.ex-Malaga
Benik-loan-Southend
Total-15m

I have done 48 month installements for most outwards transfers. Hope it helped;)

- Centre out the text, looks better.
- Use bold, italic or underline. To make it look more professional.
- You a bigger size font for the headlines.
- Maybe a little bit more background story would be nice. This is just like: matches, fixtures, tables. Done. Just a suggestion.
- Use proper English, so don't: "tiep liek diz". Unless you're not English, in that case minor spellingmistakes could be made.

Just a quick comment on how to improve your story.

Ok thanks i will bear that in mind for my next post :)

Update

Transfer News

Arsenal have announced the signing of wonderkid goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen for a fee of £15,500,000.

Arsenal manager Matthew McKay is delighted with his new signing ' I brought Marc here because i firmly believe that he will become one of the best goalkeepers in the world.'

Arsenal fans are pleased with this signing and are hoping ter Stegen lives up to his rather large price tag.

Arsenal announce Aurier signing

Arsenal have announced the signing of promising full back Serge Aurier for £15,000,000.

Aurier has since expressed his delight at joining Arsenal. 'I am delighted to be playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and i hope to win many trophies with Arsenal.'

The fans are pleased wit this signing as they reasied that before Aurier's arival the club had only one desigated right back in Bacary Sagna.

Results

Arsenal 4-0 West Brom
Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham
Arsenal 3-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 4-0 Norwich

All in all a pleasing set of results the wins against Tottenham at Home and Man City away were brilliant. We were unlucky against Liverpool hit the woodwork three times!!!

League Table

View attachment 245161

We are ok in the league. Need to make up the 5 point gap on Liverpool though. Upcoming fixtures are against the lower teams (Wolves, Wigan, Fulham etc.) need to take maximum points from these games.

Chamberlain makes impressive debut for Gunners!!

Alex Chamberlian made a dream debut for Arsenal against Norwich. Scoring one and assisting one!! Arsenal Manager Matthew McKay praised Chamberlain, 'It was a superb debut for the lad. He took his goal well and showed his vision and creativity to set up Marouane. He has great potential.'

View attachment 245162

I have high hopes for this boy. I played him up front and he tore Norwich apart. He was unlucky not to score more :)

I have taken some of the advice on board. I hope its a little better now :) Tell me what you think.

Last edited: