My best players want to leave help

mental

Reaction score
I'm currently in the start of my second season with Getafe I have no funds to replace my best players but now i have 5 of my players wanting to leave for bigger clubs. This has caused my team to become unsettled as I refused to let them go. Now the players that are wanting to leave are having poor performances and its affecting other players in my squad. Can anyone offer advice please on how i may be able to turn this around.

I know I'm going to end up losing my left winger at end of season due to contract running out but other players have 2-4 year contracts on them.

Roberto Soldado my main striker keeps getting pestered by inter milan 3 years left on contract valued at 7.5 mil. I dont have a good enough replacment for him but reported that inter going to offer 26mil

Jamie Gavílán my main left winger (lost at end of the season i think as refuses to sign new contract going to try sell him in window try make some funds for replacment before he leaves) valued at 2mil

pedro león one my main midfielders keeps getting pestered by valencia 2 years left on contract
valued at 4mil

kiko femenia 19 year old left back keeps getting pestered by real madrid payed 2 mill in first season now valued at 4 mill has 2 years left on contract

ibrahim kas central defended got him this season on free transfer but after he joined valencia started pestering for him currently on 3 year contract valued at 1.5mil

So any ideas how may be able to sort out tthe problems.

Dude, the first thing u need to do is to everytime u manage a team is to offer ur best players a Contract Clause. 20M, 30M, any clause u like, to stop this sittuations in the future.

Now, only u have to do is wait , calm down the player, and offer them a brand new contract :)

Usually wait for the transfer window to go and offer them a better contract after a month or so, works for some players. Either that or start winning some trophies ;)

Ok thanks for the advice hopefully things will settle down in time.

sell them for good and buy new ones.

Eduardo Salvio or Henri Saivet for Wingers.
Sercan Yildirin or Romélu Lukaku for Strikers.
Fernando ( F.C. Porto ) or Raúl Meireles for Midfielders.
Nicolas Otamendi or Maicon ( from F.C.Porto, try a Loan ) for Central Defenders.

u can buy all 4 for the price of those 26M that Inter will offer you for Soldado i think.

Basically what you do if they havent made an offer just set a ridiculously high asking price, and if they make offers just negotiate it to a ridicolous amount so that means that they dont get more unsettled and eventually they just shut and there happy again ;)

Happened all the time with my Spurs squad with people like Lennon, Modric and Bassong who wanted to go to big clubs i used it and there saying their ''determined to prove worth to the team'' its fullproof for me.

Having good season so far find myself 8th in league with 23 games played, Soldado still wants to leave same as kas (kas is proving to be a rock at the back). Managed to get kiko femenia to sign a new 5 year deal and Jamie Gavílán a 4 year deal. Pedro león has settled down now and no longer wants to leave going to wait till his last year before renew contract.

Due to Soldado still wanting to leave I'v picked up a replacment of free transfer Alexander kerzhakov he not great but better than my other reserve striker and is there just incase i lose Soldado at end of season. i dont wana lose kas due to his performances but already have backup for him so not worried about losing him.

Last edited:
If there are clubs ready to offer 26M for Soldado then sell him and buy some of the players Mauro recommended. When selling Soldado start offering him to clubs for a heavy price eg. 50M for starters, maybe Man City will come in with a bid. Yannis Tafer, perhaps even Carlos Vela(someone got him for 6.5M)

Last edited:
[QUOTE=CorvetteC3;226063]If there are clubs ready to offer 26M for Soldado then sell him and buy some of the players Mauro recommended. When selling Soldado start offering him to clubs for a heavy price eg. 50M for starters, maybe Man City will come in with a bid. Yannis Tafer, perhaps even Carlos Vela(someone got him for 6.5M)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agreed. When a club offer 26M for one of my player, then i just accept it. Coz, there was many player you can get with that money. ;)

sell soldado mate for that price, one of my favourite st from 09, get the cash, reinvest it into your club, will make more funds to build bigger stadiums etc youth academy it will grow the club and buy a player for max about 9 million or so! look at ST like Kanoute maybe, Chamakh, Farfan, etc maybe to take over the 2st team role as ST and buy allowing the board to keep alot of teh money, your team will grow (hopefully also winning some trophies on the way) and your players wont want to leave your club! did that with Werder in my last save on FM09 and Newcastle too, Man City on Fm08 and 07 and Leeds etc.

or wait till January transfer window, start looking for FREE (end of contract strikers) and start offering them contracts for the end of the year and sell Soldado for 26 million or whatever amount and make sure you say that the transfer will go through from the end of the season to cover for the rest of the year!

i hope that might give you some more options to think about!

i personally reject all offers for them but as soon as they make it public or show they are unhappy cuz i turned down offers for them...i let them go but make sure i get twice their worth in the asking price...no player is bigger than the club right? hooah!

well yeah shud definetly sell him i mean when got 35 million from madrid for my vucnic altho he was a key player i still sold him ( i saw he wanted to discuss terms with madrid)...invest in new players or youth...

If you want to keep them you have to start living up to their expectations.