Reaction score
Birmingham City Football Club

Overview
Founded: 1875
Chairman Status: Loves the club
Legends: Gil Merrick, Jeff Hall, Joe Bradford, Trevor Francis
Icons: Christophe Dugarry, Mikael Forssell, Geoff Horsfield, Barry Fry
Favored Personnel: Stan Lazaridis
Local derby: Second City Local Derby (against Aston Villa)
Big rivals: Aston Villa
Other Rivals: Wolves, Stoke, West Brom
Finance: Safe
Average ticket price: 28,7£
Average Rate season tickets: 382 £
Estimated value: 51 million £
Continental Tournament: None
The media's Prediction: 10
Troop personality: Determined
Captain: Stephen Carr
Vice Captain: Barry Ferguson

Facilities

Stadium: St. Andrews
Capacity: 30,006 seats only
Year built: 1906
Owned by: Birmingham
Stadium facility's condition: Average
Heating cables: Yes
Roof: No
Surface: Grass
Conditions: Perfect
VIP Room Facilities: Average
Training Facilities: Top
Junior Facilities: Usable + youth academy
Youth Recruitment: Average

Transfer and wage in £
The upper half of the table: 15 mill-400k per week
Qualified for the continental tournament: 20mill-475k per week
Title challenge: 22mill-475k per week
Winner: 23.5mill-4.75k per week

Squad

Goalkeepers

Ben Foster 27 years 3.8mil Keeper
Foster is the best goalkeeper in the squad. He holds high level and is one of the best players in the Birmingham squad. He is still in a good age and has many seasons left in his career.

Colin Doyle 25 years 1.3mill Keeper
Doyle is a good goalie who is more than good enough to be backup for a club like Birmingham. He has been in Birmingham his entire career. He holds the Premier League level smoothly and is not particularly old. All in all a good keeper.

Maik Taylor 38år 375k Keeper
Taylor is about as good as Doyle. He is also a player who has been in the club for a long time. Because of Taylor's age, I recommend to sell him or let his contract go out.

Summary Goalkeepers
Ben Foster is clear first choice. Colin Doyle and Maik Taylor is about as good as each other but in my opinion, Colin Doyle's best due to that he is younger. You can choose to keep both if you feel you need 3 goalkeepers but I recommend selling Maik Taylor because of his age.

Rating 6 / 10

Defense

Stephen Carr 33år 1.2mill right back
Carr is a solid right-back. He keeps good premier league level and is one of the best players at Birmingham City. His old age is the only minus. I recommend using Carr at least the first season and maybe the second season, but in season three, he should be replaced by a younger player.

Stuart Parnaby 27 year’s 1.3mill right back
Parnaby's a good enough right-back. He has good skills and is a good age. Carr is better than Parnaby, but Parnaby is certainly good enough to be backup for a team like Birmingham.

Liam Ridgewell 25 years 2.8mill Left / Central defender
Ridgewell is Birmingham's best left-back. He can also play a central defender but are better at left back. Ridgewell is also a good age and is a good player. He is not good enough for clubs like Tottenham, Liverpool and teams that are better than that, but Ridgewell can be used for many seasons to come.

David Murphy 26 years 1.9mill Left / right back / Midfielder Left
Murphy is a good left back. He is a good backup for Ridgewell and ensures that there is no crisis of Ridgewell would be injured. Murphy is a versatile player, but he is best at the left back.

Martin Jiranek 31years1.1mill Central defender / right back
Martin Jiranek is a strong central defender. He's big and powerful and has good stats on marking, tackles and headers. His age is a minus since he has already passed 30 years, but despite this is a very good defender that holds the Premier League level fine

Scott Dann 23 year’s 3.2mill Central defender
Dann is one of two center backs who were taken from Championship clubs before last year's season. Dann was a huge success with his partner Roger Johnson last season and was an important contributor to the Birmingham ended on a strong 9th place last season. He also has very good skills on FM. He is no more than 23 years and I think he is better than Jiranek.

Roger Johnson 27 years 3.3 million Central defender
Johnson is the second center back, which was acquired before last season. He was also a great success and is also very good on FM. Johnson is the first choice along with the Scott Dann on the two Central Defender positions.

Summary of Defence
Carr at right back, Ridgewell on the left, Dann and Johnson as center backs. It’s also good backup in Parnaby, Murphy and Jiranek. The only problem is that maybe it should have been four center backs. If you are buying a new central defender, I recommend buying a young central defender who has great potential. Like Leonel Galeano.
Rating 6 / 10

Midfielders

Sebastian Larsson 25 years’ 2.4mill Right midfield / central midfielder / right winger / right back
Larsson is a Swedish all-round player who has a history from the Arsenal academy. HE didn’t quite make it at Arsenal, so he went to Birmingham. In Birmingham, however, he has had great success. He can play in many positions, but he is best at the right midfield.

James O'Shea 21 years 1.2mill Right Midfield / right winger
O'Shea is already good first season and you should let him play or loan him out. He is talented and with the right development he may become one of the better right midfielders in the Premier League. Larsson is better the first season but O'Shea can get better.

Aliaksandr Hleb 29 years 4.3mill Left winger / Right Midfield / Attacking midfielder / central midfielder
on loan
Hleb is a good left winger. He can play anywhere in midfield but is best on the left wing. He is about as good as the other two left midfielders in the squad but is the first choice in my opinion. He is on loan from Barcelona, but has no specific transfer fee in the loan agreement.

James McFadden 27 year’s 2.7mill Left winger / attacking midfielder / striker
McFadden, like Hleb is a very good winger. I think Hleb is a bit better, but McFadden is definitely good enough for Birmingham. He is not especially old and has good skills. It's almost a little sad to have to banish the player to the bench because he is good enough for a team like this Birmingham team. An alternative might be to use him as a striker or offensive midfielder.

Jean Beausejour 26år 3.8mill Left winger / right winger /striker
Beausejour is also very good and could have been the first choice on the left midfield. He is very good and should be played. Beausejour can also play striker and right winger.

Craig Gardner 23år 2.7mill Central midfielder / Right midfield
Craig Gardner is a young and versatile midfielder. The reason I say he is versatile is that he fits into all roles in midfield. He can be used as a first choice central midfield, but there are also many other good options.

Keith Fahey 27 year’s 3.1mil Central midfielder / Right and Left midfield / Attacking midfielder
Fahey is also a versatile midfielder, but he is versatile in a different manner than Craig Gardner. He is versatile due that he can play in many positions, but he's best at central.

Michel 24 years 2.9 mil Central midfielder
Michel may also be the first like the previous two. He is very good as box to box midfielder. He has many good skills and is good both offensive and defensive.

Barry Ferguson 32år 2.1 mil Central midfielder
Barry Ferguson is the best central midfield player. He should be in the starters. The problem with him is that he's getting old. Age means that he cannot be a long term option. You can either replace him eventually with a younger player or replace him with one of the other midfielders that are already in the team but the first and maybe the second season, he should be in your team.

Lee Bowyer 33år 1.1mil Central midfielder / Right edge / wing / attacking midfield
Bowyer is also best at central midfield. He is also beginning to be old, but he is still good. Bowyer has good skills, both offensive and defensive and it makes him well suited as a box to box midfielder.

Summary Midfielder
Midfield in Birmingham is very broad and consists of many players who should be playing regular on the team. The right side i would recommend you to use Hleb. The left edge is difficult. I would recommend because of Beausejour, but it's probably best to test out all three players in pre season to find out who is best. The central midfield places are not easy to decide. I recommend using Ferguson because he is a notch better than the other four. On the other place is probably harder to determine. I feel they are about as good and they must be tested in training matches. If I have to recommend one I would recommend Gardner.
Recommended quad: Beausejour, Gardner, Ferguson, Hleb
Rating 6/10

Strikers

Nikola Zigic 29år 5.75 mil striker
The Serbian tower Zigic is over 2 meters and the first choice on top. Zigic is one of the best target strikers in the world and he is a player who is going to be a major contributor for Birmingham ahead.

Cameron Jerome 23år 3.4mil striker
Jerome is the second choice on top. He is a complete striker. Jerome is also young and can still develop. He is a very good striker.

Matt Derbyshire 24år 2.4mil striker
on loan
Derbyshire is also a good striker. He is a small notch inferior to Jerome but is still a good striker for a team like Birmingham. He is only on loan and I would recommend buying him for about. 5mil£

Kevin
Phillips 37år 2.3 mil striker Inj
The veteran Phillips is injured at game start, but returns quickly. He is no longer first choice for Birmingham, but he is very good backup. His age means that he cannot be any long-term option but it is wise to keep him as a backup until he retires.

Summary Strikers.

It has good and good backup. Zigic and Jerome should be the starters and Derbyshire and Phillips as a backup. You can choose to buy a new striker due to the age of Phillips, and then I will recommend to buy young.

Rating 7/10

Tactics
Birmingham has a squad that adds up to play 4-4-2. With Ben Foster in goal and a good defensive line that consists of Stephen Carr, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann and Liam Ridgewell is certain that Birmingham are going go be a tough nut to crack. Midfield is also good and the team has many different types of players there. I would recommend using Jean Beausejour, Barry Ferguson, Lee Bowyer and Aliaksandr Hleb. On top Nikola Zigic and Cameron Jerome. The squad consists of many English players which is good because of the new rule that the squad must include eight English players.

Transfer Tips
More to come...

Goalkeepers:

Defense Players:
Gary Cahill Bolton 24 years Estimated price : 5-8mil£ Central defender
Phil Jones, 17 years Blackburn Estimated price: 10mill£ Central defender
Leonel Galeano 18 years
IndependienteEstimated Price: 2.5-3mill£ Central Defender

Midfielders:
Paulo Henrique Santos 20years Estimated Price: 9.5-13mill£

Antony Annan Rosenborg 25 years Estimated Price: 4.5mill£
Kara Tromsø 20 years Estamated Price: 1.5mill£

Attack:
Christian Benitez Santos Laguna 25 years Estimated Price: 1.3mill£
Romelu Lukaku Anderlecht 17 years Estimated Price :4-7mill£
Neymar Santos 18 years Estimated price: 18-22mill£

I don’t think the numbers are correct, because I use Norwegian KR in my games but just tell me what the prices are and I will change them.

This is my first team guide so I welcome constructive criticism.

Cheers!!:D

I think its a pretty good insight, but i recommend putting in some pictures to keep people interested ;)

Its a pretty good guide but its looks really untidy so u just need to tidy it up abit, by bolding certain points, playing around with sizes and fonts and putting in pics

this is perfect mate :) best ive ever come across