Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktri

Reaction score
So I have been playing a game as Blackburn. In the first season it started off as a network game with a few others so Blackburn, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Aston Villa were all player controlled. As you can see i achieved a respectable 7th spot.
View attachment 178716

At the end of the first season the whole network game aspect fell apart so I asked the host for a copy of the game and continued it in single player mode. I kept using the counter attacking tactics i had used in the previous season but I brought in four new first team players as a number of players in the first season were growing older or returning to their clubs as they had been on loan. Unfortunately I got a poor 9th place.

View attachment 178718

In the third season things changed dramatically. Firstly in January the season before I had managed to convinced Lodeiro from Ajax to join Blackburn. The club's owners gave me a significant budget in order to sign players so i opted for a more free flowing attacking game. My two most notable signings were Lucas from Swansea for £16.25m and Neymar from Santos for £30m. I started the season well and after 19 games I was top of the league and unbeaten. I remained strong until the end of the season but the poor qualty of some of the lesser sides enabled other top clubs to simply walk away with victories. After 37 matches I was in 5th spot and had to face off Chelsea who were currently in top spot and odds on favourite to take the title. The game began poorly as Robinson scorer an own goal. Samba scored from a corner taking the match to 1-1. Chelsea then were awarded a penalty which took the game to 2-1. I was then awarded a penalty myself on 56 minutes taking the match to 2-2. Chelsea were playing for a title and I was playing for a top 4 finish. Amazingly I was awarded a second penalty in the 91st minute giving me a 3-2 victory I needed to cement my place in the top 4 (although it was largely irrelevant as Liverpool drew to Stoke which would have put me in the top 4 by goal difference anyway.)

View attachment 178717

Cool story bro.

Make it a blog if you intend to continue providing FM Base with updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.