skull331

Reaction score
Well hello folks, this is my first story so it may not be amazing but I hope you like it. Please leave any feedback both good and bad so I can improve my story. And most importantly Merry Christmas :D.

20th​ September 2011: I stared glumly around the room; wallpaper was hanging from the walls rain crept into the room from a small hole in the corner. How did I end up in a **** hole like this? I had such potential but I had to go and blow it. I stared at the Fulham shirt hung on my wall and began to reminisce about what could have been and what actually happened.

18th​ June 1998: I sat in my apartment and flicked through the channels, it was a Sunday afternoon, nothing much on. The phone rang. I slowly arose form my seat and let out a cry of pain as I put pressure on my left foot, I’d injured it in training after awkwardly striking the ball. I picked up the phone and inquired as to who was speaking. To my surprise it was my manager he told me that there were representatives from Fulham were waiting to see me. I rushed to my car and sped down to the ground, I was ecstatic; I could play for the club I’d always supported. As I reached the entrance to the Broadfield stadium two men in suits awaited me.

29th​ June 1998: My red Jetta mk2 trundled into the cottage; it looked like scrap metal in comparison to the other player’s cars. I walked into the front office, checked in and took a seat. I was in a state of euphoria as Kevin Keegan emerged from the door. I eagerly followed him into his office where a sheet of paper and pen awaited me. Without hesitation I signed my name; this was it my big break.

2nd​ October 2011: I awoke to the pit pat of rain against my window. In a trance like state I stuttered towards my pc. When it turned on I immediately opened up the BBC Football website and started browsing. One page in particular caught my eye
“Woking Manager Sacked”
Woking manager Gary Hill has been sacked after poor performances have left the team in 13th​ place in the Blue Square Bet South.
I hurriedly put together a CV and emailed it to them. It had been 6 years since I was last involved in football; I wasn’t going to let this opportunity pass me by.

9th​ October 2011: As I browsed my emails, the Woking job was the last thing on my mind what with bills and rent to pay. Woking had replied to my job application; Dear Mr Airlie we are pleased to inform you that your application has passed the initial phase. We would like you to meet us on the 11th​ October for an interview.

20th​ October 2011: As I sat in Mike Smith’s office I couldn’t believe that I had gotten the job what with my previous record as a player. “Welcome to the club” he said, “It’s just good to be back in football” I replied. I felt confident that I could handle whatever the game threw at me. But was I really in over my head?