richards8610

Reaction score
I'm not going to do a full story I don't really have the imagination for that.

But I will post up seasonal reviews and any landmarks that come my way.

I'm not near my laptop right now but here is a brief overview of the three seasons so far.

Season 1 as Middlesbrough's manager

Achieved promotion through the playoff with limited spending and wage limits. Spent the majority of the season in the top 6 so promotion was a real aim throughout the season.

Season 2 as Middlesbrough's manager - 1st year in the premier league.
During the summer the chairman stepped down and a local businessman decided to take charge which injected an ok transfer budget. I bought some players but they didn't make an impact, also some key players wanted higher wages which I could not afford. I spent the vast majority of the season in the bottom 6 and avoided relegation with 2 games to go. I earned valuable points against bigger teams but lost to those in the dogfight at the bottom.

Season 3 as Middlesbrough's manager - 2nd in prem.

Over the summer I bought some decent unknowns with a larger transfer budget. As the season started it looked like I was going to be the surprise package and was lying in the top half over Christmas. But in typical boro style, struggled post Christmas, losing games I should really have been winning. Looking at the league with 10 games left the bottom half was extremely tight and I was beginning to worry of relegation.
I escaped relegation this season finishing in 15th place.

Season 4 as Middlesbrough's manager. 3rd in prem.

Over the summer spent some cash on youngsters with the idea of sending them out on loan to gain experience and to use a few of them in the early rounds of fa cup and league cup. I also bought a couple of talented players to build a bit of quality in the squad. Season started of really bad but a turning point was found 6 games in. 14 games in and I found myself in 5th place! And once again started a losing streak after my right midfielder became injured and a few suspensions. I'm now fighting around mid table but still doing better than what the board want.
I had a player in contention for golden boy award but he lost form 2 games from the announcement of the winner. The only player to remain in my first team from when I first took over is Jason Steele and he is showing no sign of slacking off.

Still playing season 4. January window just opened.
------------------------------------- <------ this line will now represent a point when I stopped playing.

Since my last update a serious drop in form began, boro are now relegation candidates picking up just 4 points since the last update (6 games in prem). The teams below boro (28 points) are Southampton (28), Liverpool (28), West Brom (24) and Blackburn (22). Despite this poor run of form in the league, we managed to overturn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 agg win over southampton to reach the carling cup final against tottenham.
--------------------------------------------------
8 more games played and boro are still struggling at the bottom, picking up just 5 points from 24!, highlight was a win in the carling cup final meaning european qualification for the boro. 6 games left before the end of the season, they are
Brighton (17th with 33pts)
Watford (14th with 34pts)
Newcastle
Swansea (15th with 34pts)
Hull (9th)
Fulham (20th with 29pts)
Boro are currently 16th with 33pts, so as you can see my next set of fixtures are crucial to premier league survival.
------------------------------------------------
2-0 loss to Brighton, a 3-0 win against Watford and a heavy 4-1 loss to Newcastle mean Boro still occupy 17th place and all three relegation places are still open! Swansea are still 15th, Fulham are 16th now, so those two games are crucial to my aim of staying up.

Boro 1 - 1 Swansea leaves boro in 18th place with two games to go, the teams around us are all gaining wins. Boro must gain a win in one of their last two games to stand a chance of staying up now.

Midweek, Watford drew with Arsenal drawing a gap between Boro are safety to two points now. Watford have 1 game remaining but boro have 2.

A further defeat has placed Boro 18th, 2 points adrift. With fulham being 3 points ahead but only 3 GD between us, all it takes is a 2 goal victory to stay safe, or a 1 goal win would be enough as long as Brighton or Watford lose to Man u and Man C, which is entirely possible. Hope remains.

Brighton drew with Man U to obtain safety, Watford lost to Man C, all that needs to be done is Boro to beat Fulham...

Fulham 2 - 0 Boro RELEGATION!

I expect sacking shortly.

Immediately sacked, and 4 star players requesting transfer.
--------------------------------------

The job hunt

Offered an interview at West Brom, who were also relegated from the premier league - Declined the interview.
Blackburn have offered a job interview, but were also relegated, so I have rejected this offer also.
Malky Mackay has taken the Boro job.
Sunderland offered a job interview, there is no way I would take on that job, only just staying in the championship finishing 21st, plus a rival of Middlesbrough.
FSV Frankfurt offer job interview (German second division) would not improve some of the facilities that I requested.
Declared interest in FC Lemans (French Ligue 2)
Cheltenham offered interview - rejected offer
Guisley offer an interview - rejected this offer
Nimes Olympique (French Ligue 2) offer interview, they will be in touch shortly after i made some requests.
Nimes have 'Laughed off' my application.
Vicenza have offered a job interview (Serie B, relegated from Serie A last season), made some requests.
Vicenza have 'Laughed off' my application.
It would seem that my demands for slightly more transfer and wages is asking too much.
Vicenza have now offered me the job :| rather bizarre after laughing at me... Accepted the deal for two years after attempting for one year.
--------------------------------------
Will start new reply for Vicenza career.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing this take shape, I'm a HUUUUGE Boro fan!!!!

Looking forward to seeing this take shape, I'm a HUUUUGE Boro fan!!!!

I really hope karanka can bring some Spanish flare to our team...would be great to see some Spanish youngsters or some decent young players come on loan from Chelsea (Jos? morinho link)

I'm optimistic to the future with karanka

I really hope karanka can bring some Spanish flare to our team...would be great to see some Spanish youngsters or some decent young players come on loan from Chelsea (Jos? morinho link)

I'm optimistic to the future with karanka

Think we'll do well too, couple of players from Atletico as well!!

you going today! I trying to get into the North Stand!!

Nah...I'd love to but I can't make it today...will be watching soccer sat though to see how we do

Updated original post...added season 4...half way through this season.

Start date 04/10/2017
5th Season...1st season as Vicenza Manager...1st season in Serie B

My career has started decently, not losing in my first 3 games (DWD), I was also sneaky and applied for the managers job at Toulouse, and had to apologise to keep my current job. Toulouse were flattered but didnt take me on.
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Can't believe you got relegated and sacked!! Bad times!!

i know!!!!! and after getting the league cup and entry into europe...i built a good young squad that was just coming into fruition, and they sack me...i simply cudnt beleive the decline in form, it was truly shocking!