I would change the duty of the right full back to "Attack"

I would change the duty of the right full back to "Attack"

With his mentality on Control, all players on an Automatic duty will play as if they are on Attack. So his right sided full back is already on Attack.

Not bad Celtic Team Just need to tweak the tactics

That said, what do you want to do with the tactics?

Also, how is Roberts doing?

I think that "Support" duty for DLP would be more appropriate

nice players, poorly designed tactic

Give him some advice, we all gotta start somewhere.

Guy on here used to write guides and when pointed out all the mistakes/flaws admitted he didn't really watch football and didn't play FM either... He got better.

im playing as celtic just now is hella boring doestically but winning the european cups keep me goin, 7 in a row done on everything :) same formation different instructions/roles

nice players, poorly designed tactic

whats wrong with the tactic?

If you're going to have Patrick Roberts moving infield from the right flank as an Inside Forward, then Lojo87 is right - you should have the right-back on Attack mode so he can overlap regularly and get crosses in from the byline. I'd put the left-back on Support mode so he can help McGregor further upfield and get some crosses in himself. I prefer a Target Man_Support when playing one up front, but you have Jordan Rhodes in his best role and he seems to be scoring goals for you, so maybe Advanced Forward_Attack is the better option for him.

Your central midfield looks very defensive at first glance, but the players are playing well for you judging by their performance stats. Scott Brown's getting on a bit, but I'd look to train the Deep-Lying Playmaker to Switch the play to the opposite flank, so you can get the ball out to your wide men quickly to exploit space on the wings when counter-attacking. Often, during counter attacks, the attackable space is on the opposite flank so it's a question of how quickly and accurately can your players get the ball and an attack-minded player into that space. Supporting and overlapping full-backs over potential "second wave" attacks when the wingers have their progress blocked.

Might be worth trying a DLP_Support in the DM position, with a BWM_Defend and AP_Attack in the CM positions. I found this combination worked better with Jordy Clasie, Victor Wanyama and Steven Davis at Southampton when I expected us to dominate possession; having Wanyama slightly further upfield meant he could get stuck in amongst it in the crowded midfield and when the ball popped back to Clasie in the more withdrawn position, he could quickly "Carrick" an angled pass out to my winger or overlapping full-back. When you expect to be defending for large periods of the match, it makes sense to have the more defensive player in the DM role, but that won't happen often for Celtic in the Scottish Premiership.

Last edited: