dgoacher

Reaction score
For a laugh I took the Crystal Palace job and being a Brighton fan I wanted to cause some damage so put the max wage budget and I renewed everyones contracts including the youth team on 6k,7k,8k over 5/6years length with massive yearly/promotion wage increases and left them bottom of League 1 after some massive defeats.

My question is after that amount of time with crippling debt and only youth team players is it possible for the club to fold or will the game make a board takeover and bale them out? Could a team like Palace fold and have to restart as a new club and sell the facilities and ground?
Dan

1) bail not bale lol :p

2) are you managing Brighton at the same time?

3) I have never played long enough to see this to be honest :)

I did a majorly long save a while back, and was manager 30+ years and not one club folded. Plenty of takeovers-but no folds. Even though some of the clubs were heavily in debt

You can't fold on FM, no.

You can go bankrupt, go into administration and get points deducted[not seen it on 12 but don't see why they would remove the feature] etc. But when it comes to it you will always be taken over.. Even if your board has decided to sell your entire squad of players for £1 before that happens.

Would ruin the game if clubs weren't bailed out as you wouldn't have enough teams to keep the leagues running. It's not realistic, but at least it keeps the game running.