dave09

Reaction score
Been managing these for a while, doing ok i think

did u creat that team m8

No, i didn't create this team. They are a real team from England.
I just started the game unemployed and took the first job i could get. I want to see how far i can go with them.

I think that you want to make up your own team to play as in the game? Maybe that can be done with the game editor but i'm not sure.

As for what league to start in, starting at the bottom and working your way up is a good challenge.

(propa sentences wif wurdz an evrytin... 'kin ell! (6) )

Last edited:
Now playing in 2014 - 2015. doing ok but a little concerned about my lack of goals scored. Team is as tight as a ducks **** (watertight) in defence but feel i need to get more goals - need to hammer teams when controlling games. Team does get a lot of goals from corners - i have good headers of ball in defence and i have them up for corners. Using Brian Clough tactics.. (is that cheating?) games are very close and tense

Put one of your central midfielders forward runs to often and the other to rarely,that might work.

A note on that last post. The only players i have actually "bought" have been for a few hundred quid. Transfer budget has always been £0. i am bad on wages tho' - can't seem to keep within budget :S . Never sold a player, only get offers for the players that i want to keep, everyone else is released on a free. my financial control is rated 1, (i is bad!! keep the board happy by winning stuff (H)) Getting tougher now, getting out of my depth.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Sorry JP. was away. Yeah, problem there is that my midfielders either score occasionally (when i'm winning) with a well placed shot or balloon it wildly over the bar (when i really need a goal)

Last edited:
Im currently having fun with a tactic im working on,its scoring bags of goals.Have a go with it and see if it helps you at all and let me know how you do please mate,bare in mind its a working progress:

lack of composure by my midfielders.....

BTW, great avatar.. the zidane headbutt..head/chestbutt ... chested/ header... **** ... i remember that (priceless... legendary way to bow out of the game :D, heh..

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

just downloaded it, cheers. try it soon. Got an f.a. cup match looming, i'll wait till i'm knocked out of that then i'll try it.... i like to give tactics a while to get established.

Last edited:
Gave those tactics a try for a couple of games. Suddenly found my midfield getting overrun and my back four were being got at a little too easily for my liking. I think i lack the quality of players to make it work.
That said, the team did create lots of chances but unfortunately the strikers decided that they didn't need the goal bonuses and contrived to miss everything (even an open goal which, for once, the commentary was spot on when it said "even the managers got his head in his hands" :O
What i'm going to do is see how my season goes and try these tactics again in pre- season matches cos i figure it will take the team a while to get used to them.

Thing is, at the start of the season the team was nailed on for relegation but it is now november (2014) and we are 3rd and i don't want to balls it up by suddenly changing tactics - unless we suddenly go on a long losing run (which will cause me to **** my pants and try anything ! :D )

First off, farewell Sir Robert of Bobson. Bobby Robson... a true football man.
I do not remember you as a player, but i do remember u as a manager..... Ipswich Town... F.A. CUP WINNERS 1978.. and then that team around 1980 with mick mills, george burley, john wark, russel osman, paul mariner, terry butcher, arnold muhren,... etc best footie ever. and For England.. crafty argy hands and tears in italy - semi against the enemy. Close.. and we owe it all to you...LEGEND.. u will never walk alone.........

and a top bloke....The love for the game never died for Sir Bobby...

dave gd work m8---if u have any money nd u need a cb go for ryan bennet----nd can do me faver to me his stats on it see how gd he is in that year plz doo----nd i now noo u didnt creat it m8 gd job tho m8