Reaction score
Im currently Dortmund in the German Bundesliga in February 2012.
This is not a finished tactic and i need some help on getting it too the next stage.

I have been developing this tactic since the start of the season and as ive just scored 13 goals in 3 games in a trio of wins against Nurnberg, Hannover and Wolfsburg i now think its working. I havnt tried it with anyone else but id imagine this would be awesome with Spurs as they have a similar team. Lets see some screenshots then...

Ive never really used an Asymmetric formation before but looking at the strongest squad it kind of picked itself. My aim was to create a tactic which encourages exciting football with the squad i had because you dont have much money at the start with German teams so heres a position heads up...

Goalkeeper - Im not too sure but i think with an acrobatic type goalkeeper your better off with this tactic. Weidenfeller has let in some screamers this season. Ive got Rene Adler coming on a free in the summer who is a 4 star keeper but im not too sure if he'll be a success as yet.

Right Back - Needs to be attacking like Piszczek or Kyle Walker, loads of energy to over-lap your winger.

Centre-Backs - No idea, Im currently using 1 stopper 1 cover as thats their reccomended roles. Im not sure what would work best with this tactic.

Left-Back - Use your head no when to attack and defence, Support the play accordingly. He has hit some sensational over the top passes this season.

Anchor-Man - Experience, Simple passes, Keep the ball, Protect the back four.

Deep-Lying Playmaker - I love this achorman deep lying combination which i hadnt tried before but they just sit in midfield feeding the more attacking players. When your winning its a masterclass when your defending its abit unbalanced, Need a little advice there.

Wide-Midfielder - They arrive late into the box and just generally support. Allows the left back to get foward, This player just excels when your team is confident but most of the time he makes up the numbers?

Adv Playmaker - Im not sure if its Kagawa but hes the only player i can get playing well in this position but he isnt doing that much. Id like someone who demands the ball more but this maybe because of the Anchor man deep lying combo?

Winger - Gotze, Cut inside and go for goal, left footers also play well as Gio Dos Santos moves inside left footed and through balls players Gotze can cut inside as ordered or go down the line cause hes naturally right pegged. I think ive sort this position out.

Deep lying striker - Lewandowski and Barrios have banged in about 20. They support the player and finish off the chances. Not used this role on its own before i thought it would only work with 2 strikers (1 deep 1 up) but ive been proved wrong.

Advice on the above player roles would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks guys.

I would've called it something silly like the dual ladder.

I don't much care for asymmetrical formations as I've spent a lot of time trying to develop a reliable one and have failed at every turn. But this one is so asymmetrical it's almost symmetrical. ML is basically AML...AMCl is basically MCl. Probably allows you to exploit the space without losing shape.

I would've called it something silly like the dual ladder.

I don't much care for asymmetrical formations as I've spent a lot of time trying to develop a reliable one and have failed at every turn. But this one is so asymmetrical it's almost symmetrical. ML is basically AML...AMCl is basically MCl. Probably allows you to exploit the space without losing shape.

Yeah it does ive fixed a problem i had in central defence now i think. If you look at the cover defender (DC-L) hes covering where theres most space in the midfield hole. However now i have changed him to a stopper and the other as cover to give the defence more balance.

I hear your point on an asymmetrical formations but this 1 i feel does work 80-90% of the time. When your defending its a flat-back four protected by an anchorman. Both wingers drop back with the AMC and MC to form a difficult 4-1-4-1 style shape to the defence. When attacking though its more a 4-2-3-1 with the width coming from the full-backs.

Shout Info - Retain Possession, Shoot on Sight

- I will be uploading it upon its completion, Its not finished tactic as yet.

Last edited:
Well, I've waited a year and a half, is it done yet?!