TheGameXXVII

Reaction score
TheGameXXVII's East Stirlingshire Story

this is my first FM 2010 story, and its something i've been wanting to try for a while so i thought i'd give it a try. This will definatley be difficult, since East Stirlingshire are in the Scottish Third division. Updates every few matches

Pre-Season results

East Stirlingshire 0 - 0 East Stirlingshire Reserves

wasn't expecting much from my first match with the club, but i would have liked to have seen more than one shot on goal from my team.

East Stirlingshire 1 - 2 Dundee

dissapointing result, since we were leading for most of the match. sut since Dundee are in a higher league than us, i'm surprised we managed to hold on to a lead until near the end.

Arbroath 4 - 2 East Stirlingshire

we had an amazing first half, we managed to get the lead early on, but just like against Dundee, we lost it in the second half. They scored 4 goals pretty quickly, and our second goal was only a consolation.

Cumnock 0 - 1 East Stirlingshire

first win for the club, however we were playing below-par. we had about 3 or 4 shots througout the whole match, we only scored through a penalty. still, good to have a win.

East Stirlingshire 0 - 1 Edinburgh Utd.

man, we sucked in this match. we had a lot of chances, but we never got any on target. We concede an early penalty, and they scored the only goal.

East Stirlingshire 0 - 2 Charlton Athletic

we had no chances in this match, however we had a few breaksinto their box, with their defenders ending the run. despite the scoreline, they had very few real chances and only scored from long shots.

Pre-Season transfers
Aaron Chalmers - Season long loan from Hibernian
Gary Gow - Season long loan from Hamilton

Scottish League Challenge Cup draw - East Stirlingshire vs Peterhead

Looks like a difficult match, but looking at our pre-season matches, i'm sure we can have an OK match

Scottish League Cup draw - Ayr vs East Stirlingshire

Again, a difficult match, but if we can perform our best i'm sure we can put up a fight.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:32 PM ----------

Scottish League Challenge Cup

East Stirlingshire 3 - 1 Peterhead

Very good result, especially as i did not think we could win, especially by 2 goals.

Scottish League Challenge Cup draw

Partick Thistle v East Stirlingshire

another tough round, especially for it being against an ex-SPL team.

East Stirlingshire 2 - 1 Spartans (friendly)

the first half was dull, with only one chance between both teams, which they scored. we really came out in the second half, where we scored 2 late goals to win it.

Scottish League Cup

Ayr 3 - 3 East Stirlingshire
Ayr win 8-7 on penalty shoot-out

we played fantastic in this match, i really though we were going to win the shoot-out, but we just lost out in the end.

East Stirlingshire 3 - 1 Queen's Park

Fantastic result for the first game of the league, with Lynch scoring twice.

Scottish League Challenge Cup

Partick Thistle 2 - 0 East Stirlingshire

very dissapointing, since both goals came from, in my eyes, wrong decisions from the ref. one should have been offside and the other was a penalty where i didn't see anything wrong with the tackle.

current league table

Last edited:
Livingston are fifth, oh dear! Well done mate, keep it up.

Good first game mate. I played in the third Division. Cant remember exactly the players I signed but a few were. Zoco, Darren Paul While(New Zealander I think thats his name) Robbie or Robert Horn from Berwick, Pavol Suhaj. All on frees.

If this thread ever reawakens I think i have a gem of a player you could sign. I signed him in my East Stirlingshire save.
Cristian Peruchini.
Free Agent.
And if you play your striker Lynch in Complete Forward (support) duty and Peruchini in attacking midfeilder (attack) duty they link up beautifully. Got four goals for lynch, each set up by peruchini, in one match (admitadly against significantly weaker opposition.)

Yea the first and last post was on 4th December. Another interesting and long story..;)

Keep going
Great result v Queens Park
At hampden there great
Transfers-Andy Brand from Steny
Steven Colquenhan free transfer peach
Colin Cramb