my expectations were raised by the board mid season without me adjusting them

PinePHresh

Reaction score
I am managing PSG with a professional footballing background. At the start of the season, I was asked to win Ligue 1, reach the 1/4s of the Europa League, reach the 1/4s of the French Cup, and disregard the Coupe de la Ligue.

It is now September. I checked my board confidence to see that I am now expected to win both the Europa League and the French Cup.

Has this happened to any of you?

maybe you misread the first time. i had to win ligue1 and EURO cup right from the start, without the possibility of changing it.
or maybe it's different from player to player :)

i did not misread. I took note.

It is ridiculous to expect a treble in a manager's first year. To make matters worse, I have drawn OM in the Coupe de la Ligue 1/4s, OL in the French cup round of 32, and Internazionale in the Europa league round of 32.

I'm leading the league by 11 points though

Cup don't normally matter. I've, in the past, gone out of the FA and League Cup with Wigan in the third rounds after they asked me to reach the 5th rounds but fulfilled my league expectation and they've just announced their disappointment in the cup runs.

The bigger the club, couple with the more experience you have in selecting your difficulty....expect raised expectations. I tried Barca to see what they were after, and the minimum expectation was to win La Liga in my 1st season. And how ambitious a board is vary's from club to club. smaller the club, lesser the expectations