My First EVER FM Story ... Marsh - Savior of The Gunners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stourbridge

Reaction score
View attachment 272530 View attachment 272545

Breaking News Arsenal have relieved long term manager Arsene Wenger of his duties at the club!

In an even more shocking move we understand that Chairman Peter Hill-Wood has already lined up his next manager! Thoughts are that he will name unknown manager Nathan Marsh as manager. This would be Marsh`s first job having only gained his coaching badges a few weeks ago! We will keep you up to date on developments as we hear them.

A FEW HOURS LATER....

We Can go live now to The Emirates where it has been announced that yes unknown Marsh has been made manager of Arsenal

View attachment 272551

NATALIE...Yes I am here outside the home of one of the all time best clubs in English football. However early this morning it was made known that Arsene Wenger had been let go by the club. Just a couple of hours ago we learnt that unknown rookie manager Nathan Marsh had been given the job without any questions asked.[/I][/I][/I][/I]

View attachment 272556

NATALIE... I am now delighted to have along side me Peter Hill-Wood and his new man Nathan Marsh. So first of all Mr Marsh how are you feeling this must surely be a great moment for you as well as one with alot pressure on your shoulders this being your first job in football management?
MARSH...Hi Natalie, please call me Nay all my friends do. Yes I am very very happy to be allowed to put my skills to the test at one of the best clubs in the world let alone England.
NATALIE...Ok, so Nay what plans have you got for the club? Any transfers lined up? Players and Staff alike will all be wondering if they are going or staying, any clues as to your plans?
NAY..I can say that I will be looking at the squad and the staff very closely and anyone I think is not up to the standard of playing for and coaching this club will be shown the door!
NATALIE...So changes are afoot then Nay, I would just like to ask you please Peter, why?
PETER HILL-WOOD...Well first let me put the fans minds and hearts at rest, we believe we should be winning more than we have. Arsene was a fine manager and loyal servant to us but he was on mega money and not won us the greatest league in the world since 2005. I truly do believe that this young man stood next to me has the drive and ambition to make this club the best in the land and europe.

NATALIE...Back to you then Nay, what are your expectations for the season ahead?
NAY...Well when you look at things, Arsene has sold top quality players, some of them to our rivals, winning the league in my first season would be wonderful but I have to be sensible, I will be pushing for the Champions League spot, but winning a domestic cup has to a goal this season.
NATALIE...Well you heard it first here and thank you to Peter and his new man Nay, we look forward to seeing how things pan out and will keep you posted as to the goings on at The Gunners. Back to you at the studio.

I am using lfcmarshalls summer update, no genie or other data editing. Why Arsenal? Because they deserve a good run.

View attachment 273286

Special Report on The Gunners

Its been a month into Marsh`s first job as manager at Arsenal, fans are still trying to get to grips that an unknown is in in charge of their beloved team. Marsh has wasted no time in attempting to put his mark on his new team. Many in the public feel however this is going to turn out just like AVB at Chelsea.

Marsh has tried to reassure the fans that his way of things will work and that once the team get the handle on how he wants them to play they will see the results they want!

View attachment 273287

Marsh has brought in 7 new faces for his team and has tried to sell a lot of fringe players but has only been able to loan these out.

View attachment 273288

Marsh also felt a new backroom would benefit the team as a whole, so with Arsene gone his newly appointed No2 Steve Bould also went. Marsh offered the iconic figure of Martin Keown job as assistant which Martin was happy to accept!

View attachment 273289

Pre-season has been a mixed bag for Marsh and his team. Some good results but some pretty dire ones too. Reports coming from BBC Sport are suggesting that he cannot get the team motivated enough for them to play for him. Marsh has denied these reports saying it is just teething problems and once the season is under way the team will be showing what they can do!

With one more friendly before the new season kicks off it will interesting to see what unfolds at The Emirates...

OTHER NEWS IN THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL
Josep Guardiola has taken charge of Inter Milan stating he needed a new goal in life and was bored with winning so much so quick...

Rafa Beneitez jumped at the chance to take his talents to Barca....

Both will have their work cut out though as memebers within each backroom all left when the previous managers went!!

MAN CITY... We are hearing whispers that the oil rich club are looking to add to their squad by offering a whooping fee of £95million for Reals Ronaldo!! Sources claim if the bid is taken they will offer the ex MAN UTD man £500k a week to ply his trade in the Premier Division once again....

View attachment 273356

Well the new Premiership season has begun and we have got our monthly report on Arsenal

August

Arsenal won their final friendly with a cracking 6-2 away win to Palermo.

PL Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton Cazorla(2)
INJURED Andre Santos A good solid away win on the opening day of season for Arsenal with many of the new signings making the bow. Cazorla showed what he is all about. Santos will be out for 2-3 weeks

CL BEST PLACED PLAYOFF LEG 1 Arsenal 4 - 0 Udinese Podolski(2) Cazorla Arteta
INJURED Sagna Podloski Mertesacker A very good home win for The Gunners. Passed Udinese off the park. Marsh`s new look team is playing in the first two games. However Sagna will be for 3 months, the other injuries will keep them both out for 2-3 weeks

PL Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich OG
INJURED Nigel De Jong This was a poor scoreline as Arsenal played norwich off the park again but just couldnt find the back of the net! De Jong`s injury was better than Marsh had thought and will only keep him out for 10 days.

CL BEST PLACED PLAYOFF LEG 2 Arsenal 3 - 2 Udinese Berbatov Gervinho Miquel A very pleasing win for Marsh, with an injury hit squad he was forced to play Vermaelen at left back, young Miquel came in at centre back, Djourou was out at right back and Frimpong played as Anchor man.

PL Arsenal 1 - 3 Swansea Berbatov Away from home with the squad still weak with players out of position and injured Arsenal were played off the park and the score could have been a lot worse! Marsh later was quoted as saying that he blamed the FA for unfair treatment due to having play away to Udinese in on Thursday night and then away again Saturday to Swansea, Marsh said we did more traveling than an Ice Road Trucker in those three days, common sense should told the FA that the game should have been put back to Sunday or Monday. The FA have so far remained silent!

View attachment 273375

The table doesnt make for the best reading so far for The Gunners but even the hardest of die hards must concede that Arsenal have played well and that Marsh has done ok with the stand ins he had use.

TRANSFERS

Marsh clearly has a plan and is **** bent on seeing it work.
He has allowed Park Chu-Young to go on loan to A.C. Milan with an option for them to buy whenever they wish. Arshavin has also been given a loan at At. Madrid again with the option that they can buy at any point.
Chamakh was sold for just £3million to German outfit Leverkusen. Marsh said none of them were in his plans and couldnt see why he should pay them just to sit around wasting valuable money with their wages. He went onto say that he wouldve rather sold each player but nobody want them that much!!

View attachment 273386
Arsenal fans will no doubt look forward to the upcoming games and look to see if the teams performances pick up when the first eleven are all available.

The Champions League has been a little tougher on Arsenal than Marsh would have liked. Their group is going to hard to get through.
View attachment 273387

We will back soon... Be sure to catch our next report of the months goings on at The Emirates

View attachment 273738

It is early in his career but questions are rising!

ARSENAL REPORT

SEPTEMBER

Yes questions are rising as to whether Marsh is good enough to be kept in charge of Arsenal. Chairman Peter-Hill Wood has asked all fans to keep the faith and back their team! A shocking September has seen the media jump on the fans displeasure of an unknown being in charge.

September had to start well for Marsh and his men, after losing 3-1 away to Swansea The Gunners needed a good result against Wigan, then with the Capital One Cup and Champions League kicking off proper it was going to be a tough to keep the fans happy!

PL Arsenal 5 - 0 Wigan Berbatov Poldolski(2) Vermaelen Cazorla A cracking game which Arsenal threw everything at Wigan and it paid off, they didnt know what had hit said Marsh.

CL Arsenal 1 - 2 Benfica
Ramsey Marsh`s first taste of football in Europes best league, it was a hard result to take said Marsh. Arsenal didnt show in the first half and were 2 - 0 down by the break. He brought on Ramsey and he got a goal back early in the second half and Arsenal started to play, but the visitors were not going to let them back into the game and defended well to come out on top!

PL Arsenal 1 - 2 West Brom
Cazorla INJURED Keane A poor game for Arsenal again, Marsh blamed the mid week game, but with no traveling involved fans were left scratching their heads! Keane would be out for 2 weeks and as Sagna is already out Marsh was left to bring in young Jenkinson to fill the hole at right back.

COC Arsenal 5 - 0 Cardiff
Walcott Giroud(2) OG Mikel A good and much needed win in the cup for Marsh, However all five goals came in the second half! next up will be Notts Forest at home.

PL Arsenal 1 - 1 Man Utd Berbatov INJURED Poldolski In a tight and a good game Marsh couldnt afford to lose Arsenal played very very well, Berbatov was bound to score against his old team and he did, The Gunners kept playing their football only to be undone by a counter attack in the 88th min to be scored by non other than van Persie! Poldolski will be out for ten days

CL Arsenal 1 - 2 Juventus Berbatov OFF SANTOS European football is not treating Marsh very gentlemenly like. A game which they never looked like winning Arsenal were over overrun from the start. Marsh is left with it all to do in order to get out of group. Bottom and not playing well is not a good sign.

League Table
View attachment 273744

Marsh has it all to do.
He was quoted as saying from here things will only get better and come the end of season they will laugh at the way the league looks at moment.
Many pundits believe however that unless results start coming in, Marsh could be finding himself in the unemployment line before the year is out!

View attachment 274003

Marsh is under pressure

View attachment 274004

After seeing his Arsenal side lose 1 - 0 at home to Stoke and 3 - 1 away to Salzburg, the Arsenal start ask questions as to IF he is right man for the job.

Arsenal are pretty much destined not to advance from the group stage of the Champions League and are currently 7th in the Premier.

Marsh has defended himself by saying he knows things need to improve, he has said that he may have made a mistake in trying to change so much so quick, but asking for the fans to forget this run of form may be a little hard!!

View attachment 274120

Fans get there wish as Marsh is booted out of Arsenal

A bad run of form and the whispers that Marsh had lost the locker have resulted today in Peter-Hill Wood ending Marsh`s reign.

Marsh and his team failed to pick up a point in October and were confirmed that they would finish bottom of their European Group by losing at home 3 - 0 to Salzburg

Marsh has issued a statement in which he says he doesnt know what has gone wrong, he says we have the players we have staff, but the results just werent there! I understand the fans upset and the Chairmans decision, I am not bitter, I should of done better.

When asked about future roles within football management Marsh said he would to come back someday and have another crack at the whip, but for now I think I should gain some experience in the lower leagues, if anyone will have me!

It was a busy day for the Chairman of Premier Clubs as on the same day Marsh was shown the door so to was Man City boss Mancini and Q.P.R boss Hughes.
With these high profile teams now available offers to manage these teams will surely start to fold in from prospective managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.