My first impressions on FM 14 and appeal for advices

vandamme84

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have started a save with man city and I would like to share my impressions with you.

Ahead of my opinion the whole game is still a beta version for me:

After 5 matches in the pre-season and 3 matches in the league competition, I would like to sum up following points:
  • Playerrating of the whole team is so awful, its more like bad joke. Even the first game which I won 2-0 against west ham with 72% ball possession and 32-2 shots, the average rating was 6.87 :D
  • The pass completion of defence is tragic: in average under 60%, despite I use short passing in the individual instruction and TI like play out of defence etc.
  • I prefer to play a agressive pressing style, but my players are keeping distance to the opponents player and let them easily circulate the ball and having a lot of long shots. There is no disturbing, despite I use team instructions for a agressive style.
Corner issue: I scored a lot of with corner balls und also conceded a lot of goals from corner balls

Striker performance: It's also one of the biggest problem. No matter what role or duty, the performance is so bad, no score, no assist and a very bad average rating, this is very frustrating....

Goalkeeper ball distribution: self-explanatory...

Tactical familarity level is during very long, I have still some points who is awkward.

I love the fm serie and I play since championship manager, but we should be realistic and address the existing problems.

Sorry for the gramatical mistakes.

regards

Last edited:
Why running a community, where no topic or issue can be addressed...

If there is helpful user, I would be very glad....

those are mostly common issues known to be under review for next ME update, esp player ratings and defending

as for the strikers, my suggestion is to use a big Target Man and feed him with crosses. Tried lots of combinations, AF and poachers have failed miserably for me... but my supporting target man has scored 1 goal per game as well as opening spaces for attacking midfielders.

not my fav style but the only one that worked for me consistently, while I'm waiting for next patch...

Hmm Ok.

Do you have any advices for away games? It doesnt matter If I am the favorite or underdog, I always struggling, despite I use a more balanced mentality for away matches...

Hmm Ok.

Do you have any advices for away games? It doesnt matter If I am the favorite or underdog, I always struggling, despite I use a more balanced mentality for away matches...

I play same home and away: very fluid style helps defending better as a team and hassle opponents instruction will give you more ball possession. Personally I'm more comfortable using a 3-man defence as fullbacks are often terrible...

but most of all: cross for the beast target man :)