Imaginovskiy

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I've playing FM since 2005 and CM since 2003. I'm an Arsenal fan but I've only managed Arsenal once, which is now.

So far I'm 10 games into the premiership and I'm on a 100% streak. I'm playing a 4-2-3-1.

GK - Szchezny
DF - Sagna/Ansaldi; Vermaelen; Koscielny; Santos/Ansaldi/Gibbs
MF - Song (Ball Winning); Ramsey (Centre Mid)
AMF - Walcott; Teixeira/Willian; Gervinho/Arshavin
CF - Van Persie/Chou Young

I have a lot of players that seem to be like extra fat to my side like Rosicky, Diaby, Chamakh, Mertesacker.

http://i.imgur.com/HKCfD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eZrrY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NR2rt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PYXen.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nq1LK.jpg

That's how I'm doing in the league so far and also my three signings so far.

My question though is how on earth do I stop my team conceding silly goals to small teams. Like I beat Fulham 5-3 but they got goals through defensive complacency but if I tell them not to get complacent everyone gets ****** off at me, but if I don't we concede horrifically.

Also how can I tweak my formations so I don't overwork my Full Backs. I've had to put Ansaldi AND Santos on holiday due to physio recommendations for them to go on holiday for 1 week. This means Kieran Gibbs comes back into the place he knocked off Santos due to AMAZING performances in pre-season and early season.

Another thing I have Willian and Teixeira who both play absolutely phenomenally when they sit behind the striker. Teixeira usually "Bosses the midfield" according to my ***. Man and Willian usually picks up a couple goals and gets Walcott fired up too. Does anyone know of how I can balance these to players without switching from 4-2-3-1?

Just wondering, do you get your goals then start conceding stupid goals through defensive issues? maybe when you are 3 goals up, maybe go to a more controlled tactics, so then your team wont really concede, that's what i did and it stopped.

1.i too am conceding 'silly' goals. and u want to either tighten up ur cbs, or maybe buy a gk, like steve mananda. wojo is awesome no doubt, but might be his age or something just making him not play well sometimes.

2. dont know about that, but ansaldi in my other arsenal save is a bit under par sometimes. gibbs there but my it just hard sometimes to contain it. i have been using vermalean as lb though, and he's also a bit decent in there. but still he does the job well.

3. rotate walcott for willan in matches.

you need to set your 'Opposition Instructions' to limit your opponents opportunities i.e. Tight Marking, Closing Down especially the teams more creative, dangerous players

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try switching to a 4-3-2-1 when upto 3 goals or more if the defence gets a bit lairy. I might sign Nicolas Otamendi also in January if I have £13m.

I will try and shift

Diaby, Mertesacker, Almunia and mayby Chamakh when Chou Young gets his leg unbroken XD

You'll stop conceding silly goals when Szchezny makes good progress. Dude's a beast and keeps getting better and better with match experience. After a reason expect 16+ in aerial ability, command, communication, handling, 1on1, reflexes, agility, jumping and strength (his mental skills are underrated and they also keep getting better too!).

While Mertesacker has high defensive stats, I feel his poor speed and agility really hinder his ability to properly defend opponents who are merely average speed. Andre Santos is really excess baggage imo, while he has stats that would make for a good Attacking Middlefielder, his defensive stats are horrible and his first team place should goto Kieran Gibbs (who is Underrated, his stats are deceptive..).

Diaby should be sold when he's healthy and replaced by Andre Ayew (I got him for $18 million). Chou Young should be sold to make may for more striker time for Theo Walcott, RVP, or Chamakh, or a younger striker with potential (Jordan Ayew.. same club with his bro, he costs around $11million).

If your worried about home grown status then consider picking up Ryan Shawcross (a bit pricey, but sold stats all around and 6'5) (a bit of irony too!), or maybe even Jack Rodwell (solid all around ball-winning midfielder). Fabian Delph if your really looking.

Alvario Dominenguez (sp) from Athletico Madrid is an expensive signing but he has solid defensive attributes and also good agility (I consider it a key attribute to defenders), jumping and strength.

Great advice mate, Mertesacker I would love to get rid of Gibbs is amazing but Ansaldi is phenomenal both offensively and defensively.

The wierd thing is that Chamakh is much worse than Chou Young, Young scores a double at Villa and breaks his leg there, then Chamakh comes on and has a HORRIFIC game. I think he played a 5.7. I'll have a look at Dominguez in January :D

well i didn't get rid of gibbs, despite having lucas digne and aly cissoko in the team. santos is a LW tbh, adn tactility never was great. i sold him straight away in my second season ;)

brought in steve manada too, but i'll rotate games with him and wojo. fabianski and vito are leaving soon. martinez is my 3rd choice atm.

lol, Woji is a beast for his age though. Just thrashed Man U 4-1 at Emirates and he kept out quite a few attempts until Nani blasted one in from 35 yards out.