My first "professional" tactic - Looking for tips and reviews

LordLex

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

This is the first tactic I've ever considered to upload. I'd like to get some feedback about how to improve it. The results have been pretty good so far, but I feel like it has a lot of room for improvement.

The formation is as follows.

View attachment 329413

Screens are in spanish so here's a translation of roles and duties.

Rigid - Offensive

Goalkeeper - Defend
Fullback - Automatic (both)
Ball playing defender - Defense (right)
Limited defender - Defense (left)
Deep lying playmaker - Defense (right)
Anchor man - Defense (left)
Advanced playmaker - Attack
Winger - Support (right)
Inside forward - Attack (left)
Deep lying forward - Attack

The tactic is played always with these touchline instructions:

• Play ball from defense
  • Press higher up
  • Pass to feet
  • Try to break through defense
  • Work ball into box
  • Look for overlap
  • Retain possession

The purpose of the tactic is to build a solid defense and play the ball forward from there. It averages about 60% possession once fluid, and somehow performs pretty much the same both away and home.

I made the tactic for Borussia Dortmund, but I've tested it with many different teams and always achieved more or less the same results.

View attachment 329414

Thanks in advance. Any kind of feedback will be more than welcome.

haha...oh man .....i have made exactly the same tactics but with different roles but the basic structure is same like this just testing it in different countries..
how does it goes ...i mean the reults

post some screen shots of results

Last edited:
These are the results from my first season at Borussia Dortmund.

View attachment 329419View attachment 329420

Once the tactic was settled down onto the team, results were quite good. Disregard that late 0-5 trashing against Wolfsburg, Bundesliga had been already won and the team was resting before facing Bayern in the UCL final, which happened to be one of my best matches ever.

These are the results from my first season at Borussia Dortmund.

View attachment 329419View attachment 329420

Once the tactic was settled down onto the team, results were quite good. Disregard that late 0-5 trashing against Wolfsburg, Bundesliga had been already won and the team was resting before facing Bayern in the UCL final, which happened to be one of my best matches ever.

some really nice results ..why dont u try and make the right winger to same as the left one u have plenty of players back to defense or have u done it specifically for a particular reason in the tactic

some really nice results ..why dont u try and make the right winger to same as the left one u have plenty of players back to defense or have u done it specifically for a particular reason in the tactic

Setup usually had Götze as a right winger and Reus as a left inside forward. These were the roles I found worked the best with them so they kinda stuck. I think the team also benefits from having all players playing different styles, hence the rigid mentality, save for the side defenders (it's probably just I suck, but I think wingback and solid defense are complete opposites).

Setup usually had Götze as a right winger and Reus as a left inside forward. These were the roles I found worked the best with them so they kinda stuck. I think the team also benefits from having all players playing different styles, hence the rigid mentality, save for the side defenders (it's probably just I suck, but I think wingback and solid defense are complete opposites).

u can take a lot of benefit from crossing of wing backs from deep to the front if u put more crossing on
try to restrict their forward runs .other than that they will play a huge role in this 13.3.3 update