Death Ball

Reaction score
Will be again activating spanish Tercera División and its eighteen groups, creating the closest thing possible to the promotion system.

I will then go as low as it can be done without getting too small groups and leagues.

The one problem I would have about this is I can't find any web with the complete and up to date information on what teams are in what level below Tercera División, so if someone knows I would appreciate a link, so I can deviate the minimum possible.

I don't plan on creating teams that aren't in the database, though. But if they're few I could create them, simply letting the game create the minumum staff, just new team, new stadium for it and the minimum needed to get it active.

The very first day I will let out a small database (I'll host out of fm-base, mediafire, no point on using your site bandwith for just that, unless you ask me to, of course) change to set the away text colours for Atlético de Madrid, Cultural Leonesa and Burgos to a better colour combination, they're hard to read as they are by default.

Last edited:
Ty death ball, La Cultu default colours aren't great.

Thanks, I downloaded last year and had a good run. Got relegated from La Liga :'( in 2017

fantastic Death Ball, the only that went wrong last year IMO was there was no reserve teams :p

but we can do with out them XD

Good luck with your DB, DB :p

I will defiantly download :D

Thats fantastic, love being an LLM in the Spanish divisions, thanks for the work!

Finding it hard to find the information you need myself, but Ill have a hoke and see if I can get you anything.

Afaik, Spain doesn't have reserve league system, there's just the B teams competing in the same league system that the main, hence why I didn't even consider doing them, though if so I would likely have not made them, due to time restraints.

But I guess I'll take a look at how could I set it. I most likely would do just for the high profile teams and have them empty and leave them to be filled by the player and AI. I guess I'd set them along Adelante squad rules. Would you consider that good enough?.

If i were to do it (it depends on various factors, mainly available time to release it reasonably soon), I would make two dbs, one with and one without, for those wanting it as real, as I don't think it would be possible to make it in one and the player able to enable/disable them, at least without a number of problems.

UPDATE Just found that this year wikipedia has links to the regional federations, so that should provide me with the desired information. :D

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:50 PM ----------

The editor worked with preloaded from Steam.

So I've made the colour changes for the clubs I know are hard to read (if you know more, just say): Burgos CF, Cultural Leonesa, Atlético de Madrid B (the A has right colout scheme), and a slight touch of Rayo Vallecano which has it good enough but wanted to improve a little bit, though I might have left it an imperceptible change.

Link (Note, it may not work well with first patch, in that case I'll reupload, but you can just open your editor->load database->load editor data->Spain-colousxml->save)

UPDATE: Woo-hoo! the database now has the league just below Tercera! Less work, faster completion. :D

NEW UPDATE: okay, it seems it lacks a lot of teams, which I'm making, but that means slow again.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:17 PM ----------

As an update on the progress:

Preferentes have in reality 35 groups, that for technical reasons I'll have to increase to 36 (as I don't think there was few enough to bring the amount down to 18 and definitely won't be a good way now that I've created a good number of teams).

There are groups that are almost filled with the right teams, but most are only at half the teams there are, so I'm creating them. But don't expect much about it, I'm just bringing them to existence, little more. I assign them as belonging to the province's capital (mostly in case it does something regarding grouping, though I doubt it). When known, I asign them their kits. When not known but they're the B teams of some other I look at the kits of their A teams (and create the relationship and assign them the stadium), but when it's not there I create the first my fancy says goes well with the team name.

I touch nothing else. No tactics, no personel, nothing. With a couple I've given them a reputation score that seemed fine, but that's been two or three teams so far, out of around thirty.

In two cases I renamed two clubs that had the wrong name, but it was not quite far from one of the absent real ones (e.g. San José A.D. was in the division for Antonio José, and in another case there was a team without league or town assigned with name very close to one that had to be there, so I simply brought that one into the league, if I'm lazy and not filling more info than strictly needed and easily known, I may as well be properly lazy :p).

So far, out of the 35, I've completed six, so it gives me an estimate of a couple weeks to fill them all.

As for the 36th group, I will fill it with unassigned spanish teams in order of reputation score, I haven't decided how to name it, though.

Once done that, I'll see how many unassigned spanish teams are left and depending on that I'll create a lower division, add to some groups that haven't reached 20 teams (most so far are just 18 teams) or leave them as be with some places for relegation to be decided in a play-off for the bottom teams of Preferente so some of those unassigned teams can pop up into the league system.

Will do reserve teams?. At this moment it feels unlikely. When I am done with this I'll be wanting to play it and in no mood to create a reserve system, so I would be expecting not to do it. But it's not for sure, if I finish this in the right mood and in a good time, I may do it yet.

Last edited:
Fairplay for the work you are putting into it!

7 groups to go and finish with Preferentes, then it's about seeing how many groups (can be made with the teams that) are left and allocate teams accordingly.

Good news is I missed one group, so Preferente has indeed 36 groups so it can be made fully to the real ones. There's a couple groups with very few teams, though.

I expect I may be done with the database creation in two-three days and then one or two to see the promotions and relegations are done properly.

So, if things keep the pace, by the end of next week I should be uploading the file.

Last edited:
Ugh... was almost done, and for some reason there's two divisions mangled up and teams from there moved to a different group.

Siiiiiiigh.

And I was so happy because I found the solution to something I thought was a bug that would stop it from working after all this work....

Ah, well, shouldn't be more than one extra day.

*Mumble mumble*

Weird, teams from the Castilla la Mancha groups got moved to Valenciana 3 and the valenciana 3 dumped without division. o_O. Solved quickly :D... I think ¬.¬

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:33 AM ----------

Finished.

And uploaded.

Link. There's a couple problems I found about which I can't do anything (turkish, russian and cotonou players treated as EU and sorting of teams with same points as adding the criteria messed the whole table).

No reserve teams.

Question for those who wanted reserves: How badly do you want them?. After two weeks working on this I would love to play it rather than keep editing. But if you want it badly enough, I guess I can well make the effort.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:59 AM ----------

Whooops, I had forgotten to add a small economical prize for positions in the leagues, I've edited to upload the database with prizes per league position.

It may be small, but I think better than nothing or giving too much.

Last edited:
I saw you where talking about promotions/relegations to the correct divisions in you DL description. What you have to do is add the regional division boundaries to each of the competitions entries so the game knows which clubs go in which division - I did this in my German DB. It takes a while, but once it is done the game does all the hard work for you.

Last edited:
Tharros, thanks, I'll give it a look and see if I manage to set it up.

If I do I'll work on it and release an update.

Trying it out now, Ill get back to you in a few days on feedback. Cheers for the time you put into it, deserve an award! Get into playing the game now, you done enough pal!

Having read over SI forums it seems there's two choices:

1 - The normally faster of using group boundaries plus assigning stadiums

2 - The one of setting the prefered group at each level for every team.

Since 1 requires to have a look through what cities can be used as boundaries plus assigning stadiums for a lot of teams, I will choose option 2.

No promises though on when I will get started. It may be tomorrow or the end of next week.

There's a couple problems I found about which I can't do anything (turkish, russian and cotonou players treated as EU and sorting of teams with same points as adding the criteria messed the whole table).

you can easily sort this problem by going nation-->spain-->nations treated as eu and setting it to just eu or whichever nations you wanted it set at.

Thank you! I expected that to be somewhere in the league system and when I didn't see it there I thought it was like the leagues in the league system tree, that it became hidden.

Then I will definitely get my hands on the update tomorrow.

I'll let you know when I can have an estimate on how long will it take :D

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

After setting the teams from La Liga to 2ªB, I do have an estimate, considering there's 66 groups left to go through and that I made six in an hour, assuming I may keep an average of 1 hour/day of editing while multitasking, then the update should be finished in about two weeks.

(Note to self: Let's hope I don't forget to change Toledano's home colours, while they're not that hard to read, it's not comfortable, being light gray over white).

I am close to finish, right now I've set the groups for the third of the twelve Honor groups (then I will check how these groups end for the final reordering, but that is a quick).

I got a question regarding this: Do I upload it editing the first or is it better to upload as a new one?.

Notes:

I forgot in the original to bring Melilla's Preferente. That would have disturbed the promotions/relegations involving the preferente level, so what I've done was rename Ceuta to Ceuta y Melilla, delete Melilla and put all the Ceuta and Melilla teams there. It does keep the right number of groups, introduces the Melilla teams and makes it so is a group with a good amount of teams (16 or 18, didn't take too much note) instead of having them with seven teams, which I think is something prefered by most.

Have corrected an issue about Betis C having a too big stadium, the russian, turkish and cotonou are back to considered eu as that was not a bug (there were a couple sentences about Karpin and Nihat that make it so in Spain), honor groups will now be also geographical. I'll have to check if the B teams are right about not playing with the A's, as I just found there was an option if the line in the relationships are highlighted.

The upload would be up in two or three days.

(EDIT: okay, I got to go through allhonour teams to take advantage of being taken to last used tab to quick see the teams that had been modified, so it's only left the reassignment of teams (half or more were from Galicia and half from Andalucía), that part can easily be done in a few minutes. Also saw that the option I saw in B teams is good as I left it. So in two days will it be. Maybe three and with luck tomorrow)

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:40 AM ----------

Done and uploaded.

Link

Last edited: