My Football Manager career

well played done all that with derby!?!?!

Yup lol. It's been a combination of decent signings (I've always been pretty decent at spotting bargains and players with potential) and a recent improvement in my tactics.

Whilst all those results have been totally genuine, there's a few people who have helped me along on this site indirectly and I'm going to take this opportunity to give them credit.

GodCubed's thread on tactical synergy is really worth taking into account, particularly the stuff he says about marauding full backs and the staggered midfield.

The Chalkboard tactics thread here has also helped reinforce that, particularly the specific individual instructions needed to get the best out of said marauding fullbacks as well as ways of keeping possession.

Guido from the Dugout deserves a shout too as he has some great advice about enhancing your poacher (his advice turned Michael Owen from a ****** into a reborn goal scoring machine in the space of a few games), the same tactic has been used ever since with Sanogo.

Raikan's many lists of wonderkids and random threads on unknown players has similarly helped form the team to this day and finally (and perhaps the most important from now on as regens are becoming more and more important)

Mantralux's Training Masterclass schedule encouraged me to make my own individual training regimes for anyone that has potential/ weaknesses easy to correct.

For anyone struggling with a game or in need of inspiration, I reccommend all of those threads completely.

nice results, how has Addison turned out?

Absolute hero, can't complain mate he scored the winning goal in the champions league final lol. I'll post a couple of screenshots below, he's been strange to say the least.

Basically, he recovered from his injury in the first season, was pretty useless, but I forgave him as his stats had understandably took a major plunge. Second season he was useless again, so I transfer listed him, but he just wouldn't go, so I loaned him. When he came back, his stats had gone up massively (he's now 28 in my save, and still they're going up at a pretty good rate). So anyway I kept hold, and rather than use him as a cb, he's done a very good job for me this season as either: an anchorman, a ball winning midfielder, or a box to box midfielder.

I've got Sanogo out on loan on my Blackpool save, i'm the opposite to you, I can win the Premier League easily, but can't win any cups. I've won the league once, came second and am currently 10 points at the top after 12 games, so despite only winning the league once, thats why I said I can win the league easily. You need a better back line I think, try Scott Dann and Phil Jones, also Vidal at either full back and Akinfeev or an equivalent GK. I'm biased to saying them mind cause I have them players, although Dann is a bench warmer now with Galeano preferred, it works though having only conceded 7 goals all season, 3 being in one match! Good luck though!

Already got Phil Jones, bought him at the start of this season, he has been class, extremely versatile too, retrained him a bit to give me more cover at right back as well (he's accomplished there now and is on 7.43 av rating. Dann is 30 in my save now and playing for Man city so not much point there. **** good record you got there on the conceded goals, tbh I think I just need to buy one or two superstars (just checked and since winning the champs league, players like Ozil are interested so feeling optimistic).

pretty beastly anyway!!! i hardly win anything probably cuz i dont play enough or maybe im just ****!!

Ah thank God for that! 2018, but I've finally done it! I've finally won the big one! following last season's Champions League success, the Premiership is finally in the bag! ****** close again though, I drew twice over with Man United, and kind of voluntarily elimated myself in all cup competitions just to concentrate on winning the league.

(I don't mean the champions league when I say cup competitions, I got flukeily knocked out by Barcelona). You'll remember it was Barça that I beat in the final to win it last year - I guess this was Karma. Ah, and just to give you an idea of how happy I am about winning the title, who knocked Barça out of the champs league this season? United, beating them 8, yes 8 -0 at home.

I'm now also England Manager, so I'm going to attempt to win the World Cup. As for domestic football, I've got a few choices to consider:

1. Try for a back to back title with Derby, thus confirming them as the dominant domestic side in English football
2. Try to begin a European tour of title wins, starting with the first European job offer that comes along
3. Do what I did in my Sunderland FM10 save, and take a lower league team all the way to the top with the aim of one day destroying the team I created.

In any case, I've finally done it!!!! I can now get my life back again, lol.

Edit: I owe this title mostly thanks to Yaya Sanogo, who scored an amazing 35 league goals in 31 games, also setting up 4 goals.

Last edited:
amazing job youve done, i can never get into saves, quite likeing newcastle atm though

Absolute hero, can't complain mate he scored the winning goal in the champions league final lol. I'll post a couple of screenshots below, he's been strange to say the least.

Basically, he recovered from his injury in the first season, was pretty useless, but I forgave him as his stats had understandably took a major plunge. Second season he was useless again, so I transfer listed him, but he just wouldn't go, so I loaned him. When he came back, his stats had gone up massively (he's now 28 in my save, and still they're going up at a pretty good rate). So anyway I kept hold, and rather than use him as a cb, he's done a very good job for me this season as either: an anchorman, a ball winning midfielder, or a box to box midfielder.
he looks good and hes got solid ratings:)
also great job, and i think you should try to make Derby the most dominant team in europe, as all that time would be wasted moving to a newn club aha. and i hate Derby;)!

How do you use yaya sanogo? as a target man, poacher, advanced or complete forward?

Sorry for late reply, I used Sanogo as a poacher, slightly altered the sliders to move creativity and attack to near max and told him to cross balls rarely. Had him on the left side which seemed to get him more goals (presumably because he cuts inside and has more of the goal to aim at)

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

he looks good and hes got solid ratings:)
also great job, and i think you should try to make Derby the most dominant team in europe, as all that time would be wasted moving to a newn club aha. and i hate Derby;)!

the last full season I had in this save, I managed to win the quadruple - there was no more trophies left to win lol - champs league, premiership, fa cup and league cup all in the bag.

I decided to start trying to bring on some players for my youth academy in the following season, but unfortunately a bleeding parsing error has happened, so I can progress no further. It's left on a cliff hanger though. I'm on 32 games (I think), and unbeaten in the league.... And I'm f**king second lol, United have had a few losses (including one to me) but they have strung together more wins. Worse still, the crash keeps happening just before the decisive match vs.... United!