Raul Madrid7

Reaction score
Before I get into what I think is a huge fundamental problem of the game, let me quickly describe how I play it. I enjoy starting unemployed, getting picked up a lower level team, and changing teams as quickly as possible until I get somewhere big. So I generally tend to last 1-2 seasons per team, get quick success, and shamefully transfer elsewhere until I hopefully land a big league big team.

The issue I have with FM is its ranking of what "experience" you have- the options being Automatic, Sunday League, Semi-Pro, Professional etc. Unless I am mistaken, depending on which you pick, you change the game entirely.

It seems the game believes you are utterly incapable of coaching players that are above your experience. I am playing Semi Pro and had huge success with Livorno and Levante. Now I'm at Valencia, and the Assistant Manager keeps telling me that my players cannot motivate themselves to play for me. My results are just a tad subpar, and no matter what I do I can't change it. I've hit this ceiling a few times, but I don't know what to do with it. The players just underperform and never kick into high gear because you're "Semi-Pro"

Meanwhile, if you pick International Footballer, every player listens to you and you get hired by everyone. I started with Blackburn Rovers and got hired by Bayern the next season. Much too easy.

Is there any way around this? Is my diagnostic incorrect? Is there a way of getting players to perform despite having low experience?

Would love to hear answers.

Its not impossible but it is harder, you need to adapt how you approach them. They have egos after all. You have to win them round.

Why would you expect top players at Valencia to lap up the words of a semi who has worked with "minnow" clubs like levante. This is where tactics become more important. The better you do the more they will listen.

The past experience affects your reputation, which naturally would cause players to respect you or not. Build up your reputation, and bigger reputation players will listen to you!

Get a good ***/ Manager with High Motivation skills & let him handle team talks until you have a high enough reputation.

I start the same way as you and share the same general frustration, it seems to me the game does not acknowledge your success and change your reputation automatically as you progress through the game. I love the fact that it makes the game harder in the beginning but you can spend 10+ years giving a club un-dreamed of success and still you are perceived as an ex-Sunday league player. I don't have much trouble getting teams to play for me though, but that may be because I spend longer at a club than just a couple of seasons.

Sounds very basic to me, you get respected for what you have done in life.

What I'd do is ship out the people that are really hurting your team talks the players that r always uninterested etc. and buy new players I find that new players who "you" sign tend to listen better then a player already there!

Hope this helped
Eat260

You have to win the squad over by winning trophies, thats the only way to do it "Semi-Pro".