damola3

Reaction score
I won the league undefeated with Arsenal first season with a slight variant of a tactic I used for Stoke City in FM 2016. I got stoke 5th place first season and 4th place second season. The tactic is exceptional defensively as well and scales very well to the new ME. In the beta I have already won the prem undefeated with Arsenal first season with relative ease by dominating the league. I was wondering whether it's worth posting. I can accommodate any screenshot requests.

It's a simple 4-2-3-1 with a very aggressive pressing game that's very good defensively. With Arsenal in FM 2017, I conceded just 24 in 38 premier league games with 22 clean sheets. I conceded 2+ goals only 6 times. I conceded 2 goals in only 5 games and conceded 3 in the league only once against Crystal Palace. I averaged 65% possession with a 87% average pass completion rate. Off the top of my head, the vast majority of opponents mustered less than 70% of passes completed against this tactics due to the very effective pressing game. It's a monster at preventing the opposition from playing. According to the analysis screen, I conceded a CCC every 129 minutes in the league. This means 0.7 CCC were conceded per game. I've gone many games without conceding a single effort.

When I used it with Stoke in FM 2016, I was among league leaders in clean sheets, however the team were prone to the odd defensive collapse. As a result, I was really bounded by players defensively. I really had to sign a new spine within 2 seasons and ship off the captain (Shawcross) eventually.

With anybody claiming that their defence is **** and prone to crosses etc, it's very important to consider tactical familiarity. This tactic as all is light years more effective one the squad are more familiar. With such a high press and an offside trap, any loss of familiarity can lead to profound consequences defensively. Chopping and changing new tactics repetitively without much strategy or direction is like trying to put a fire out with petrol.

So many words and no any tactics. What is the reason of such posts?
Awaiting tactic itself and screenshots of results, comrade.

Where is the tactic for crying out loud? Stop boasting and start delivering.

Okay, that's a step forward, next: opposition instructions, training and other recommendations, thank you.

I just plug and played this tactic, played 4 won 4, great football to watch, no OI'S.

The tactic is already uploaded in post #11. I will give it a go without OI's and training, hopefully it works like that too.

Edit: Sweeper keeper on attack duty? Really? With Cech's pace?

Last edited:
2 games for me: Barcelona-AC Milan : 3-4, Barcelona-Inter: 3-3 . So yes, good possession, but baaaaad defense!