My Journey With Stockport county

D.jwicks

Reaction score
The Stockport County board have announced a relitavley unknown manager in the form of Dan Wicks to take charge of the first team :D
outside the Training ground Dan wicks was quoted as saying ' As most of you know i have little experience of managing but i do relise after playing for the serbian national team, the pressures of football and i hope i can thrive under that pressure and take Stockport county to new heights'
When The question arose of what heights were they Wicks responded' The Premier league isnt out of reach, it will take alot of work but it is not out of reach'
The Intervie then ended there with the reporter chuckling at wicks previous response, Wicks got onto his first assignment of the day ; having an in- depth look at the sqaud and after that he decided that he would have to delve in to the transfer market and with a transfer budget of 50 k he knew he had a tough job.
He first released 5 players so that more wage money was avaliable: Paul Turnbull , Gianluca Havern, Jim McNulty and Paul Ennis were the unfortunate ones to leave.
With That all done it was know time for wicks to bring in players to Edegley Park
The First Player through the door was the Veteran Geoff Horsfeild who was bought in to add some experience to this relativley Young Squad, Zoltan Harsanyi was next, the 21 year old slovakian was signed on a season long loan from Bolton to add some Much needed pace to the attack. Seyfo Soley the Gambian International was signed on a free transfer to become the anchor man in the midfield, Wicks then annouced that Stockport County were linking up with the English Giants Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson then Suggested to Young Irish central midfielder that a season's stay at stockport would do him good , Gibson agreed And Wicks's 4th signing had been completed. After searching Europe for some much needed Experience Marino Promes was bought in .

Pre Season results to be added :)

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Pre Season:
Woodley Sports 2 : 3 Stockport County : Geoff Horsfield, Andy Piklington (2)
Stockport County 1: 2 Burnley: Zoltan Harsanyi
York City 1:1 Stockport County: Marino Promes
Cliftonville 3 : 4 Stockport County
Darlington 2 : 5 Stockport County

Overall It was a Good pre season for Wicks and Stockport with only one loss too Championship opposition, the new signings seem to be gelling, but Wicks thought One more player had to be bought in and that Player was Simon ***, From swindon, Wicks signed him for 50 k using all his Transfer budget,
The start of the new season is looming with Stockport Travelling To Carlisle.

Last edited:
Looks good for you, not sure how someone call Dan Wicks would play for Serbia but lets not dwell there, Stockport are an interesting side

The New Season Is here !!
Results :
Carlisle 1:0 Stockport County
Stockport County 1:0 Crewe : ***
Stockport drawn against Tranmere in Johnstone's Paint Trophy :p
Sheffield Wednesday 1:0 Stockport County
Walsall 1:1 Stockport County: Promes
Stockport County 0:0 Huddersfield

Not the greatest of months and Stockport seem to be struggling away from home, Something wicks will want to address. Let's hope Septemeber proves to be a better month for wins

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Oh and by the way im willing to write on and add screenshots if anyone is interested in following :)

Last edited:
Screenshots are nicer to look at than text :)

Hope those results pick up.

Good mann :D
haha
All the best from FM-Base's resident Stockport County Fan :p
and by the way, it's Anthony Pilkington :)

Good mann :D
haha
All the best from FM-Base's resident Stockport County Fan :p
and by the way, it's Anthony Pilkington :)

Sorry bout that not the best of spellers (H)

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Screen shots will be added soon just finishing the games for septemeber

September

Tranmere 2 : 0 Stockport
Stockport 1 : 2 Leicester : Wroe
Leeds 3 : 1 Stockport : ***
Brighton 4 : 1 Stockport : Thompson
Stockport 1 : 2 Scunthorpe: Harsanyi

This is gonna be harder than i thought

This is my team at the moment
any suggestions on tactics would be welcome

I'd say you need to sort out your tactics rather than team, I mean your team probably hasn't gelled and adding more new players will only worsen that.

Are you using your own tactics? If so why not have a look at downloading some tactics from this site? They are tried and tested.

I would suggest having a look at Woody's Brian Clough 442 tactic its served me pretty well, make sure Gibson is the attacking minded CM at first, also look at how your conceding goals, if your defence is being outstripped by balls over the top you may need to drop their mentality till you get a couple of faster ones in there

Ye i have stopped buying players now i stopped a buyiing simon ***
and is there like a certain period of time that it takes for a team to gel or is it different with each team |
and what site was it ?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:30 PM ----------

After
a poor set of results in october
all loses
i got the sack from Stockport
im gunna manage man city now never done it so LLM is on hold for the moment

it's tough init mate?
I can never really finish a couple of seasons with them to be honest,
at least you had a good shot ay? :)

Its ****** tough
Ive Tried Tactics and tuggs training but nothin seems to be working
But one day i will take Stockport to the Premiership.... one day

I'll probably have a go at it once my Notts County thread's over, it'll probably be my last go at it on FM2009 :p haha

same as me im gunna have a go with Man city coz i havent yet
then Im gunna finish with stockport
they are going to the premiership just u watch lol :D