• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 13K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Liverpool Football Club

This is my first guide so if you feel i should add anything else in future guides please say so.

Some of you may disagree with this guide but its from my point of view and i have been Liverpool on every FM/CM game and done very well so i think it will we useful to some people.

So here we go

Goal Keepers:
Jose Manuel Reina
Diego Cavalieri
David Martin
Peter Gulacis

Bit of a easy pick out of the keepers Reina should be your first pick keeper being one of the best keepers in real life he is also one of the best on the game ticking most of the boxes for a super keeper Reflexes(18), Handling(16), Kicking(18), Rushing Out(18) One On Ones(15) Positioning(18) You get the picture. If you do need to use a backup keeper Cavalieri would be your best bet he is a pretty decent back up.

Left Backs:
Emlilano Insua
Fabio Aurelio
Andrea Dossena

Many people would pick Aurelio as the first pick left-back but i tend to go with Insua as on the game he seems to give a better performance and he is young and has great potential and with the right training can be super, for the back up then Aurelio would be the man for you he is also a pretty creative Left back, Creativity(16) which should help. then if worse does come to worse Dossena would have to step up but if you could it would be good to avoid this as he is not the best left back the world has seen his Physical stats are rather good Stamina(20) Pace(16) Natural Fitness(17) Acceleration(17) but his defensive stats are not the best.

Right Backs:
Glen Johnson
Jamie Carragher
Philipp Degen

A weak part of the Liverpool side so you could do with buying a new Right-Back if you can afford it Glen Johnson should be your first pick as Carragher is naturally a Center back but can play Right Back if needed and Degen is not the best so would try use him as little as possible.

Center Backs:
Jamie Carragher
Daniel Agger
Martin Skrtel
Sotiris Kyrgiakos

Carragher should be playing all the games if he can so he fills one of the CB spots the second one is a little hard to pick as Agger & Skrtel are both very good at what they do so its really up to you on this one which ever one you do pick will do a good job i tend to go with Agger as he seems to be more consistent then if the one you do pick cant play then the best pick would be the other one Kyrgiakos i think would be picked if you really having problems at the back as i am not to keen on his he tends to get loads of red cards on the game so you don't want that all the time.

Defensive Mids
Javier Mascherano
Lucas
Damien Plessis

If you want to try and play like Liverpool then you are going to need 2 DM and with Liverpool only having 2 good natural ones you may need to buy one as back up so if you do use 2 Lucas and Masch would be the 2 you should pick both work well together in real life and they do in the game Masch is i think one of the best on the game with his great stats Tackling(20) Marking(18) First Touch(16) Work Rate(18) Teamwork(18) Positioning(19) Influence(16) just to name a few but as you will see when you do look at him he is great.

Center Mids:
Steven Gerrard
Javier Mascherano
Lucas
Damien Plessis
Alberto Aquilani

5 Too pick from here so nice bit of depth here and again if you do decide to play the way Liverpool play then you wont really have a CM you will have 2 DM and AMC behind the striker so Lucas & Masch would be in DM and then you would have Gerrard behind the striker and then if you do need back up for gerrard you have Aquliani and same with Lucas and Masch you have Plessis

Attacking Mids:
Steven Gerrard
Yossi Benayoun
Dirk Kuyt
Ryan Babel
Albert Riera
Alberto Aquilani

Again if your going to stick with the Liverpool tactic then you will need 3 attacking mids AMR, AML, AMC So for the attacking mid center your going to pick Gerrard then for the Left & Right i would go for Babel on the left and Kuyt on the right as Babel is fast and will try take the ball round the defenders and try get the ball to the striker and then Kuyt for his hard work and determination he will run up and down the wing all day long with his super Stamina and Natural fitness

Strikers:
Fernando Torres
David N'gog
Andriy Voronin
Ryan Babel
Dirk Kuyt

So your only going to need one striker and i don't really have to go in to great detail who it should be and why cause its going to be Fernando Torres and you will see why when you play him and he bags the goals for you and with Babel & Kuyt on the wings the best back up i would say is N'gog he is a good young striker who could get past the back 4 with his pace not the best in front of goal but would get better in time.

Tactics:
With Liverpool i only ever really play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 and i will give you the Link to a good well great 4-5-1 its JP Woody's one is works great with Liverpool and was made with Liverpool
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/jp-woodys-first-fm-2010-tactics-t22700.html

Here is one i made using the TTF guide its a 4-2-3-1 for Liverpool and i did use it for a season with them and came 2nd in the league.

View attachment 15382

Players you could sell:

As you only get a little budget you may need to sell players to raise funds so here is a list of players that i think you could sell and not really miss in the 1st team
Albert Riera
Philipp Degen
Andrea Dossena
David Martin
Peter Gulacsi

I think you would be ok selling them and not really have to replace them.

Well its my first guide so its not the best around so if you feel i should do more for the next one please say.

Thanks
Dan

Nice guide mate, maybe you could put a bit in about how to play against teams like the big four, and the smaller clubs and in Europe etc

Nice guide mate, maybe you could put a bit in about how to play against teams like the big four, and the smaller clubs and in Europe etc

I will try add that to my next guide.

Thanks

I fully agree with everything you have said there mate. I tend to use the 4-2-3-1 forrmation and the players I usually pick are:

Reina

Johnson
Carra
Agger
Insua

Masch
Aqua

Kuyt
gerrard
benayoun

Torres

However when Aquilani was injured, I put Gerrard (CM), Benayoun (AMC) and Babel (AML). Like you I also tend to sell Riera and in my FM10 with Liverpool I brought Angel Di maria to go there who is a good addition.

But yep again, on a whole I agree with every word you have said there.

very good im gonna do a southampton one

Why don't you do a Man City one.?

You have done 1 season as Southhampton so it will not be as good as if someone who is a fan

So you should do a Man City one if you do one as your a fan and will know more.

Why don't you do a Man City one.?

You have done 1 season as Southhampton so it will not be as good as if someone who is a fan

So you should do a Man City one if you do one as your a fan and will know more.

in all fairness who needs a guide for city??

good point, im half way through my second season though but i will do a city one thanks

Might do a Portsmouth one or a Sunderland one. I know what you mean Danny when you say do your own team as you know more etc, but I've got a pretty good rotation of formation and players going on here at Sunderland, I won't make it though until I've done atleast a season or two

id do portsmouth, you support them and you got further in with them, sunderland danny should do sunderland

Actually Wait!!

No 1 do any guides just yet as Sean did say if i did this one and it was good enough then he would add a Guide section to the forum and i said i would get a group of people who would do a good job so it would be better if you all waited for now

Actually Wait!!

No 1 do any guides just yet as Sean did say if i did this one and it was good enough then he would add a Guide section to the forum and i said i would get a group of people who would do a good job so it would be better if you all waited for now
Okay fair enough, when you say group of people, does that mean only certain people can do it?

Okay fair enough, when you say group of people, does that mean only certain people can do it?

Well am not sure yet need to talk to Sean and see what he thinks cause if everyone just does a guide we would have loads and maybe 4-5 for each club

Well am not sure yet need to talk to Sean and see what he thinks cause if everyone just does a guide we would have loads and maybe 4-5 for each club
True, well if you do decide to do that, and you need someone for Portsmouth, I'll happily do it (H)

Thanks Danny, If we can get new/newbie members to look here for help that should stop alot of pointless threads.

Thanks Danny, If we can get new/newbie members to look here for help that should stop alot of pointless threads.

Nice to see you setting a good example there Kris with a double post :P

if you do need anyone to maybe do a man utd one i would be happy to do it, but i suppose there are a lot more experienced people in terms of the forum out there. anyway as i said would be happy to help :)

your a man city fan mate lol, id guess by the ched evans picture

Back