daleuk8

Reaction score
I am starting this thread as I would like some advice on how I can improve things. I think the best way to do this is to explain what is going on in my save. I have read a few threads which have helped but one of the things I struggle with is knowing when and how to react to certain match situations.
First I will explain how I play:
I always use the tactics creator.

Formation: 442
Philosophy: Very rigid

Player instructions:

GK: Role, Goalkeeper. Duty, Defend
DR/DL: Role, Fullback. Duty, Automatic
DC’s: Role, Central Defenders. Duty, Defend
MR/ML: Role, Wingers. Duty, Attack
MCR: Role, Advanced Playmaker. Duty, Support
MCL: Role, Ball Winning Midfielder. Duty, Defend
ST: Role, Deep Lying Forward. Duty, Support
ST: Role, Advanced Forward. Duty, Attack
Other instructions vary on each game which I will go into as I go on.

LIVERPOOL V SUNDERLAND
I am 5th, Sunderland are 7th. The odds say I’m clear to win because I am at home I believe I have two starting options, either attack or control. Because there isn’t much between us in the table I will go with control with shorter passing and Retain possession. My aim is to try and hold to at least the 60min mark and then grab a goal by going more attacking.
My Pre match team talk “You can win”
I set no OP Instructions

As you can see the scores are level, so I am achieving my goal of holding the game. You can see from the match stats that the only advantage I have at the moment is with completed passes. Despite that things are still tight so I will keep things the same at the start the 2nd half. I will however sub Gerard due to low fitness.

Half time team talk “You can win this” I tell my right back “I have faith” as he is nervous.

In the 2nd half I took the lead in the 53rd min, with a goal from my sub Charlie Adam. At the 70min mark I change to the defensive Strategy, with creative freedom set to more disciplined and short passing.
Shouts: play narrower, push higher up.

At 80mins I changed to contain..

Result 1-0

LIVERPOOL V WOLVES
Next game up is Wolves at home they are 13th we are 3rd so I will start with same system again.
Wolves are playing a 4-5-1, so I will close down the lone forward and spec mark there DMC with my DLF.
Pre match Team talk “You can win”
At half time it is 1-1 Wolves took an early lead but I didn’t want to rush into making a change. As you can see I am ahead in most main stats so I will keep things the same.

Half time team talk “you can win”

I checked the stats at 60mins, I am still ahead but I notice that most of my shots are long range so I decide to work the ball into the box. This is the kind of things I need some advice on.

A min after doing this I take the lead, I then sub two players who are low on fitness. I then go 3-1 up at this point I change my strategy to defensive and play narrower and push up. I then manage to get another goal.

I win the game 4-1

So... is this a story or do you need help or what?

He did say in the first line of the op how you can help him improve :)

So... is this a story or do you need help or what?

He did say in the first line of the op how you can help him improve :)

A bit of both really.. I just thought it would be better if I could show people what was happening.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

CHELSEA V LIVERPOOL
The odd are eve and there is only one place between us in the league, taking into account I am also playing away I will start with Counter with shorter passing. I will also man mark.

The only change I make is Joe Cole for Maxi as Cole is not fully fit.
Going into the game Chelsea are playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 so I will mark there DMC.

I decide not to go for any shouts at the start of the game. If anyone feels I should please give advice.

Pre match team talk: Wish luck

In the 17th min Chelsea took the lead, I checked the stats at 30min mark. I was nearly 10% behind on the possession, my pass completion was good so that wasn’t the reason. My next guess was maybe I’m not putting enough pressure on them. So I decided to push higher up until half time.
I go in 0-1 down, before moving up on strategy grid I will start things the way ended it.. Again any advice on this welcome.

On the 60min nothing had changed so I changed to control with the same shout. I made two subs but by the 80th min still nothing had changed in fact I had fallen further behind on the possession stat and passing stat. So I decided to go attacking. Shout: play wider and drop deeper.

I lose 0-1

Last edited:
You seem to be approaching the matches really negatively, I would have been a lot more positive in the Sunderland game. The stats at half time are really even, this is a game liverpool should really be dominating and taking the game to Sunderland.