z3snap

Reaction score
I'm Leeds and in my 1st season bought Ibrahim Rabiu, then sent him out on loan to a Belgium feeder club for 3 years to gain a work permit. I will be in the Prem. League next year and was really excited to have him back.

I know he turns into one of the worlds greatest AM cause I bought him in my Las Palmas save, but the Spanish leagues don't have the same restrictions and I was able to keep him in my team.

He has been tearing that Belgium league up for the past two years(its a lower league and not loaded into my game) he has a 8.0 rating for the past two years BUT, his stats have not improved at all... I think some of his physical stats have actually dropped.

Whats wrong?
Anyone else encounter this?

i find players dont progress when loaned to leagues that arent active.

Great so I have just killed Rabiu's career..... oh well Guess I got to buy another AM.

lol sorry to break it to you. give him a chance at least. regualr football with you may see him come on leaps and bounds!

haha, yea I'll try, I know its a game but....
He had faith in me coming to Leeds and I killed his career at the age of 20.:S

BTW
Why should I need work permits from players who currently play in a European League such as Portugal, Spain, or France?

the uk rules are stricter.

its the governments rule, not the fa's as far as i can tell

in countries like portugal the govt has recognised that their clubs dont ahve the biggest budgets and so place no restriction on players from south america. hence you see a lot of brazilians in portugal. the more successful ones who move to portugal then usually end up in spain as the restrictions there are less harsh than the uk, but more restrictive than portugal.

i see portugal as a development pool for spain now tbh

Most Portuguese teams tend to have more Brazilians than Portuguese. I think you can have anyone at a German team except in German cup which requires at least 5 German players.

Thanks guys for the information.

Its going to help me in my decision for next team to manage I love England leagues but I am missing out on all these foreign talents, and I never managed in Germany, Portugal, France, or Italy.

Seems to depend a lot on luck as well as the work-permit board recognizing talent.
Not sure on FM 2010 quite yet, but in the previous game offering contract and then appealing the decision a lot usually got me the permit in the end (for quality players, that is, not just some random cheap backup...).

Just signed Joao Paulo (few youth caps) and Adailton (uncapped) from Brazil for my Leeds team (costing me a few good and expensive players and all my transfer budget).
Both went through, Paulo after the appeal and Adailton I tried and appealed three times before I got him

Still missed out on Mora (pretty good looking free GK) - after 5 tries he got ****** and signed with Porto....

On a side note, how do you sign a player and then loan him out? I never managed to do that....

Seems to depend a lot on luck as well as the work-permit board recognizing talent.
Not sure on FM 2010 quite yet, but in the previous game offering contract and then appealing the decision a lot usually got me the permit in the end (for quality players, that is, not just some random cheap backup...).

Just signed Joao Paulo (few youth caps) and Adailton (uncapped) from Brazil for my Leeds team (costing me a few good and expensive players and all my transfer budget).
Both went through, Paulo after the appeal and Adailton I tried and appealed three times before I got him

Still missed out on Mora (pretty good looking free GK) - after 5 tries he got ****** and signed with Porto....

On a side note, how do you sign a player and then loan him out? I never managed to do that....

occasioanlly a player will not be granted a work permit, but will be allowed to sign for you. he is not eligible to play and must gain eu nationality befoer he becomes eligible.

the quickest countries to do this is in include belguim porrtugal and spain

occasioanlly a player will not be granted a work permit, but will be allowed to sign for you. he is not eligible to play and must gain eu nationality befoer he becomes eligible.

the quickest countries to do this is in include belguim porrtugal and spain

Thanks...guess I need to pester my board and hope they find a work permit club for me. Don't think I get the option to choose what kind of feeder club I want, but let's see....

If not, I keep my money and try to get Franco Zuculini, would make a nice addition as I already signed his brother for 80k for next season....