Josh Kelly

Reaction score
Im Great Yarmouth on FM11 and so far ive done a great job taking them up 3 promotions in consecutive seasons.
Im now in the Blue Square Bet Premier and find my team struggling, im 13th in the league after 20 games and don't want my teams promotion pattern to stop but it looks like it going to, i wanted to take them to the prem in consecutive promotions but i may have been a bit over optimistic with my challenge. Anyone have any suggestions about my promotion battle? tactics, good training schedules etc.

Are your players up to scratch? have you got strength in depth? have you adapted to the new league your in tactics wise?

im usin the same tactics as i have been promoted with and im playing a lot of regens now, i have got a young squad maybe there lacking experience? oh n just as i posted this i won 4-0 against accrington stanley lol

I'm Mole Valley - much like you I got them from Level 10 all the way up to Blue Square Premier in consecutive seasons. Then it wasn't so easy, in two season I finished upper mid table and play-off final...

The secret for me was a change of tactic...previously I could play 4-4-2 whilst scoring a hatfull and not have to worry about how much I conceded. It's a different story in this league.

So I changed to a pretty solid 4-5-1 - with big strong centre backs and a strong anchor man. In midfield another strong ball winning midfielder plus along side him a good passer. On the wings to quick wingers with stamina and work rate who could track back. Finally upfront a monster of man (6"5) with a lot of strength and aerial ability. This change in approach worked.

By the way in your save, is there countless teams in Blue Square Premier and lower leagues with loads of money due to investment. They are paying like £4000-£5000 to players p/w and have a wage budget of like £75,000. Whilst I have a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £11000!