My LVG 3-2-2-1-2 Manchester United tactics

mchbitil

Reaction score
Ok, LVG showed us that he uses 3 people at the back and two on the wings.

So I recreated this tactics in the FM, and won the Premier League with a 11-point lead over Chelsea, 91 goals for, 24 against, 30 wins and 2 losses (to Chelsea and Man City).
My tactics could be called 4-1-2-1-2 rather, but given that DM is almost always deeper than CWB's, it gets to 3 (CD+DM)-2(CWB)-2(CM)-1(AM)-2(ST)

I had mostly current team, buying Varane ($40M) and Dante ($10M) for CB positions. Evra stayed for one more season as a backup to Shaw.

Big problem of FM 2014 that Valencia, Ashley Young and Nani can't play as wingbacks at all, so they almost never play in this set up.

Here is the tactics and my best 11.

View attachment 346198

I had to move Phil Jones a little higher because it was much more stable in defence rather than having 5 people at the back.
I used D(L) and D(R) positions for wingbacks rather than WB(L) and WB(R) because nobody can play well in WB(L) and WB(R) in the squad.

So, First 11:
Rooney CF S - Van Persie CF A
Mata T A
Carrick AP S - Herrera DLP S
Jones BWM D
Shaw CWB A - Varane BPD D - Dante CD D - Rafael CWB A
De Gea G D

Second 11:
Hernandez - Welbeck
Kagawa
Anderson - Fletcher
Fellaini
Evra - Evans - Smalling - Valencia (moved to M(R) position)
Lindegaard

After the first season, I sold Hernandez, Evans and Anderson, let go Evra. I bought Arturo Vidal to improve CM, Bryan Oviedo as a backup for D(L), and Gabigol as a promising ST. Carrick deteriorated to a backup option only.

My new First 11:
Rooney CF S - Van Persie CF A
Mata T A
Vidal AP S - Herrera DLP S
Jones BWM D
Shaw CWB A - Varane BPD D - Dante CD D - Rafael CWB A
De Gea G D

I'm half a season in, 10 points a top of the table, and still playing in CL and all cups.

My advice to LVG: buy central midfielder and two centrebacks. :)

Last edited: