allenelka

Reaction score
I have just finished my 2nd Season as Man City Manager & thought I would post my progress.
I play a 4-2-4 technically & have a standard back four with 2 x Defensive Midfielders sitting infront with one as an anchorman & one as a deep lying playmaker.
Then I have 2 x high up wingers, & 2 x upfront (Tevez & Adebayor - ALWAYS), to balance the team in which these 4 x players are nothing but attack, with the rest of the team breaking down other teams attacks.
In my 1st season I didnt want to change too much, besides the fact that I couldnt as a lot of their players are new & on stupidly high wages, but I did buy 3 x new players in Pepe Reina from Liverpool for a whopping £33m, Simon Vukcevic from Sporting for £6m & finally Miguel Veloso also from Sporting for £10.5m.
I tried to sell some deadwood but it was hard & only managed to loan out Benjani, Perov & Garrido.
In which case, I had a solid first season & came 3rd in the Premier League by a single point, behind Man Utd 86 points, then Chelsea & me with 85 points, but I did win the League Cup, which was my only success in my first season, along with Qualifying for the Champions League.

In my 2nd season, I managed to sell Michael Johnson & Joleon Lescott, who Real Madrid really wanted so decided to let him leave for £13.75m in which Micah Richards took over in his place, which was a great decision as he has been truely brilliant since.
I then purchased Estaban Granero & Sergio Busquets for around £6m each for Midfield cover for both Gareth Barry & Nigel De Jong & also bought in Gareth Bale as left back, in which I allowed Wayne Bridge to go out on loan as he underachieved.
I stuck with this team until January & then sold Gareth Barry as Villa bid £13.75m, which I accepted as Veloso was starting to push his place as expected.
I then managed to pull off a bargain by signing Joann Gourcuff from Bordeux for only £14m, & is now playng on my Right Wing.

Anyhow, this second season has been amazing & Carlos Tevez as pictured below was inparticular the star man ! I made him my captain when my current Captain Barry was sold & hes excelled from strength to strength to possibly being the best player in the world currently !
He went on to become the all time Premier Top Goalscorer by scoring an amazing 47 goals in 36 games for one season only, with a combined goal tally of 51 x games, 54 x goals, 24 x assists & 17 x Man of the Matches !!!
With that not being amazing enough, his striking partner, Adebayor was 3rd highest league scorer with 29 x league goals, And a combined 51 x games, 43 x goals, 13 x assist & 10 x man of the matches also !!!
Both of these players simply kept scoring for fun & Tevez inparticular scoring @ one point almost every game in a row for a few months.

Thanks to these star performances, in my second season, I won the double & won both the premier League & Champions League Final vs. Inter Milan, who simply didnt turn up, along with Tevez & Adebayor surprisingly not scoring !

I have now come to the end of my 2nd season & am now scouring the market for a new Centre Back to replace Toure as I feel its time for him to move on & can now buy a higher calibre of player thanks to my success. Robinho has just accepted terms with Sevilla for a cool £22.5m & am now looking for other targets.
So far, I may buy Chiellini & Jack Rodwell, with Sakho also as a possibility, yet my 3rd favourite choice.

I will post again to let you all know who I buy in the Transfer window & how the 3rd season is going in January. Hope you enjoy !

View attachment 17771

View attachment 17772

View attachment 17773

View attachment 17774

View attachment 17775

View attachment 17776

View attachment 17777

View attachment 17778

good to see some glory at eastlands wish it would happen in real life nice job brother

good to see some glory at eastlands wish it would happen in real life nice job brother

haha, it might happen if you got rid of hughes ;)

honestly, who thought mark hughes was the right man for that job??

I came first in my 1st season by barely changing anything xcept signing insua,srna,demichielis and bentley. Most of them were **** but tevez scored 35 whole season and played a 4-4-2

Well done mate. You have obviously found the right tactics which helps a lot.