jackrai

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my first tactic which I share here. As I was creating it, I was inspired by famous grid tactic in FM 2012. I tried it to transform into a suitable formation and tactic for FM 2014. If you forgot this famous tactic, I can try to remind you of it.

View attachment 375607

OI: I recommend you to apply "show onto weaker foots" for wingers.
Training: It is up to you. I am using a balanced training with attacking movement as match preparation.

Your left and right strikers are responsible for marking the opponent fullbacks (if your opponent has a formation without fullbacks, you should clear the marking duty.

Positional requirements (My opinion):
Fullbacks: Marking, tackling, speed and crossing.
Centre backs: Marking, heading and speed.
Defensive midfielder: Marking and tackling.
Central midfielders: Passing, creativity, off the ball and positioning.
Strikers on right and left: Creativity, dribbling, crossing and off the ball.
Strikers on centre: Off the ball, dribbling, speed and finishing.

View attachment 375597

Sample screenshots:

View attachment 375483 View attachment 374829

View attachment 375557

edit: Please check the roles of right and left strikers. Be sure that specific marking is assigned against 4-def's teams.

Last edited:
Can't find the tactic, mate. Have you attached it?

I'm sorry for this situation. I tried to rename the link of my tactic. Then, after your message I attached it. Easy solutions come to my mind later :)

I won Serie A and Champions League with Roma in 2017-2018. My team is not as good as great Spanish and English clubs but teamwork brings us the success. As a recommendation, I would like to share my observations.

I tried some of the tactics shared here and decided that FM 2014 is the most complicated FM game. The success is not only based on tactics and formation but also squad harmony, team talks and morale. For ex.: You and me are playing with the same team and same tactic. While you win everything, it is possible that I can't be successful. Thus, if you want to be successful with a tactic, you have to provide necessary conditions such as high squad harmony and team morale. What can you do in order to perform it? In your first season, you are not one of the favourite personal of your players. Thus, your team talks are not effective enough. As your players begin to like you, the positive effect of the team talks will increase. Another way to keep the harmony high is the small number of transfers per season. You shouldn't transfer many players per season because it reduces the harmony and makes your work more difficult.

If you provide the conditions mentioned above, you will see that this tactic is very good. I think it makes your team play in a balanced way and obtain good results without stress in game :)