My New bold counter formation (2-4-2-2) (goals from everywhere) and a 433

PPMoroney

Reaction score
Long Term Player of FM, an been a few years since i've shared tactics on any site but i had to share a great counter one i've come up with this year as i've not seen it elsewhere. (apologies if i mess up the pictures etc.

The Counter Formation is basically a 2-4-2-2 (I know the highlighted red space looks worrying but trust me it's fine)

*Apologies for the wrong uploads here and there, should be sorted now*

The team Instructions and player instructions should all be built in.

View attachment 50732

View attachment 50653

Team Training is:
Main Focus - Fitness
Intensity Level - High

Rest before and After Match

Match Prep -
Main Focus - Att Movement

Gk- Sweeper Keeper (Support)
- Individual Instruction= Distribute Quickly and Over Opposition Defence

BPDs (Defend)
- Individual Instruction= Closing Down sometimes, tackle harder, dribble more, passing directness mixed, shoot less often

Wing Backs (Defend)
- Individual Instruction= Closing Down much more, mark tighter, tackle harder, sit narrower, run wide with the ball, passing directness mixed, shoot less often

BWM (Defend)
- Individual Instruction= closing down much more, mark tighter, passing directness mixed, shoot less often

Shadow Strikers
- Individual Instruction= closing down less, mark tighter, tackle harder, Roam from position

Complete Forward (Attack)
- Individual Instruction= closing down more, passing directness mixed

Advanced Forward
- Individual Instruction= closing down more, passing directness mixed

I find sometimes going to just Fluid and making the complete forward go to support , can help every now and then in parts of the games (especially from like the 35 min till half time and 70 mins till full time)

another thing to keep up your sleeve is to sub the complete forward off and put on a box to box player in CM and then change the BWM to support

The Attacking formation is a 433 (1DM)
View attachment 50731

View attachment 50729

My team is West Brom by the way and these are the results of the most recent season (2nd season) and i was messing with 442 etc in the first...anyway

View attachment 50727
View attachment 50726
View attachment 50724

Last edited:
this looks promising. will follow the thread see what other people achieve

The tactics look great buddy, i'm gonna give them a go

Thats...quite the team you have there. Pretty impressive for just season 2 with WBA. Basically an entire new squad it seems

PPM244.fmf

when i load the counter tactic the WBs and BWMs are on support unlike your SS.... should i change them to defensive?

There are maaaany differences

4-3-3
mentality : attacking (jpeg) / standard (fmf file)
central midfielder : roaming playmaker (jpeg) / adv playmaker (fmf file)
left defensive midfielder : regista (jpeg) / secundo volante (fmf file)
right attacking midfielder : winger (jpeg) / inside forward (fmf file)
shape : fluid (jpeg) / very fluid (fmf file)

2-4-4 (4-2DM-2-2 WB narrow)
defensive midfielders : defend duty (jpeg) / support duty (fmf file)
wing backs : defend duty (jpeg) / auto duty (fmf file)

Yeah i screwed up

What about 4123? Will u upload the right version?

sorry about that, i don't name them to well and i have about 3-4 versions of the 2, but the 4123 one if correct, and put the proper one for the other formation up now as well

Really enjoying the tactic 2422 great attacking football goals shared all round aswell top work