My Offense Is Awesome My Defense Is Terrible

• Thread starter Thread starter daisuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4K

daisuke

Reaction score
I'm still in my first season with only less than 10 games to go...and the tactic I used seems good enough......for offense. Torres has scored 51 goals in 47 games, while Gerrard scored a lot too (don remember how many but around 30).

Problem is my defense is really really terrible. I have no idea how Reina, Carragher, Agger, Insua, and the rest of the defenders managed to get a good average rating (around 7-7.2 - This is good right?) because they rarely keep a clean sheet. And lately this really ****** me off as my team's performances has gone from awesome to bad.

At first I dont really care coz the offense managed to get lots of goal but lately they only seem to get 1 or 2 goals only. They usually the one who scored first. And then, when the match is almost over, the opposition will score the equaliser to get a draw. I really dont get how the defense work. They just stand there like an idiot and only run after the opposition striker got the pass.

I use 4-1-3-2.

Torres Kuyt

Angel Di Maria(AML) Ben Arfa (AMC) Gerrard(AMC)

Aquilani/Mascherano(MC)

Aurelio/Insua Agger/Skrtel Carragher Johnson

Reina

Fluid
Attacking
Passing short
Creativity Expressive(I think)

Playmaker : Gerrard
Target Man : Torres
To feet

Torres (complete forward)
Kuyt (inside forward)
Gerrard (advanced playmaker)
Ben Arfa (attacking midfielder - attack)
Di Maria (inside forward - attack)
Aquilani (deep-lying playmaker - support)
Agger (Cover)
Carragher (besides cover-dont remember)

So what is wrong with my team?Thanks in advance.

Don't put both defenders on cover, either put both central defender - defend or put one central defender - stopper and one ball playing defender - cover. And always use Insua, Aurelio sucks.

check your defender's metality, creative freedom, passing, marking.

Also when you attack that much, your defense is very likely to suffer its the balance of football.What is mascherano set as? One defensive mid has to be playmaker and the other has to be ball winning/box to box/anchor man etc.
how many goals did you concede? is there a specific formation that always kills you?

Do you use attacking metality as a fixed setting? You concede late goals because you continue to attack while the opponent throws more men to bomb forward leaving you open prey for counter attacks. set mentality to contain/defensive in the last 10 minutes or so.

Use Mascherano as box to box if he's on MC, if he's DM use him as Anchor man - defend, and put your backs role - Full back - defend
Do these and it should balance attack and defense.
And maybe try rigid philosophy, and always ask assisstent for opposition instructions.

Don't put both defenders on cover, either put both central defender - defend or put one central defender - stopper and one ball playing defender - cover. And always use Insua, Aurelio sucks.

Yeah I put one defender on cover and the other on stopper. Really? Well Aurelio does great for me,he got a decent amount of assist than Insua...

check your defender's metality, creative freedom, passing, marking.

Also when you attack that much, your defense is very likely to suffer its the balance of football.What is mascherano set as? One defensive mid has to be playmaker and the other has to be ball winning/box to box/anchor man etc.
how many goals did you concede? is there a specific formation that always kills you?

Do you use attacking metality as a fixed setting? You concede late goals because you continue to attack while the opponent throws more men to bomb forward leaving you open prey for counter attacks. set mentality to contain/defensive in the last 10 minutes or so.

I set mascherano as deep lying playmaker...though I always pick aquilani rather than mascherano coz masch always gets a yellow card..and had been sent off once earlier in the game :S I dunno how many goals did I concede,but I concede almost every match and I always use the same formation except if torres not playing,I use 4-1-4-1.

Yeah I use attacking mentality as fixed setting coz I wanted them to score the 2nd goal,they never did though :@ Guess I should use defensive more often. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Use Mascherano as box to box if he's on MC, if he's DM use him as Anchor man - defend, and put your backs role - Full back - defend
Do these and it should balance attack and defense.
And maybe try rigid philosophy, and always ask assisstent for opposition instructions.

Thanks,I'll try it to see whether it works :D

You're using a 4-1-3-2 on attacking, with no defensive midfielder and three attacking-minded midfielders. Honestly, why are you complaining? This is a terrible tactic if you don't want to concede, though it may well be a good one for scoring. Try taking off that extra striker (Kuyt) and going 4-2-3-1 with two defensive mids. That may well increase your defensive solidity.

You're using a 4-1-3-2 on attacking, with no defensive midfielder and three attacking-minded midfielders. Honestly, why are you complaining? This is a terrible tactic if you don't want to concede, though it may well be a good one for scoring. Try taking off that extra striker (Kuyt) and going 4-2-3-1 with two defensive mids. That may well increase your defensive solidity.
im using that formation (4-2-3-1 with two defensive mids) right now with real madrid and ive only conceded two goals in 15 games, as well as scoring the most goals in the league.

Problem is right now I have lots of AM rather than DM...wait,macherano is only my DM I guess (since Plessis and Spearing not really good).That's why I'm going with that tactic

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I'll try that, thanks!

sell a few AM's then and go for someone like Veloso as a deep lying playmaker.

No! Anchor man or eventually box-to-box on MC, he needs to tighten defense he doesn't need more playmakers...

mascherano anchor man and veloso deep lying playmaker, bit like mascherano xabi alonso works a dream at madrid with xabi alonso and diarra

Maybe play 4-2-3-1 with the 2 midfielders as CMs instead of DMs? Mascherano Ball Winning - Defend, Aquilani Deep Lying Playmaker Support. You have 5 players sitting up there not helping at all with defence.

The new season is around the corner and I think I'll try formation 4-2-3-1 in the friendly matches..Shame about all the AM's though..I'll try everything ; anchor man,ball winning etc...Thanks so much for all the advices!!

Oh and Manchester City bought Veloso in the first season, so I doubt that I can buy him..he's already expensive in the first season let alone in 2nd season

What about Moussa Sissoko? You could play him as a box-to-box with Mascherano as a ball-winning CM in a 4-2-3-1.

I dont think 4-2-3-1 works for me at the moment..my only DM is mascherano and only aquilani is natural at MC..I have John Fleck, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gerrard, Deco and Jonjo Shelvey as AMC..and I'm really reluctant to sell any of those..(I ****** Deco on a free transfer!) So I have no choice but to play 2 attacking midfielder..I guess I should use DM;masch as anchor man..

I cant buy anymore player,well good player anyway coz their price are higher than 10M...I have only 11M left to spend,though it might increase to 14M.Still, all the good DM is expensive..I think I already looked up moussa sissoko, and he is expensive..sigh Liverpool sure don have lots of money..

Buy players with installments and 0 up front. Only their signing bonus will be taken from your transfer budget.

Buy players with installments and 0 up front. Only their signing bonus will be taken from your transfer budget.

Actually, I did try that. It seems the deal has been cancelled coz I dont have enough budget :@

I try to man to man marking opponent MC, and i use my forward to do it. It really helps a bit. Because it always hard to ask our forward to get involved in our defending efforts.

mascherano anchor man and veloso deep lying playmaker, bit like mascherano xabi alonso works a dream at madrid with xabi alonso and diarra

Xabi has 10acc, he is horribad for top teams, De Rossi ~50mil is the best in the game and is the only one i've found that can cover all the dm roles making him a true marvel(de roosi, veloso, diarra) will cover any way you want to play during a season

Back