Jakey2303

Reaction score
Just started a save with FC Porto, my first back on FM13 for a while and it seems my team is being hit with injury after injury. Throughout pre-season and now a few months into my season the injuries just keep coming and are showing no sign of letting up. So far I have had no major injuries, no more than a month on the sidelines, but when there is always 2 or 3 players out through injury it is difficult to put out a strong team consistently, and I have had some poor results due to certain players being injured in big games. Its getting fustrating so I am here to ask why?! Am I doing something wrong or does this just happen to everyone? If you could give me any possible reason as to why this is happening, it would be much appreciated.

Happening to me too, absolute nightmare. Scott Sinclair just got hit with a 3 month injury 'during training'.
80% of my injuries are during training unfortunately.

As I said before, download FM Editor live and heal injuries if you see it fit. They say it's cheating but it's your game man, you paid it, you decide how to play it .

It sucks, if it carries on I'm gonna have to ditch the save. Most of mine seem to happen in matches, sometimes I have to bring 2 people off injured in one match. I'm wondering if its because I am the best team in the league people just try and kick me off the park?

And don't get me wrong, I don't mind the odd injury because its just a part of football. But I have had a few too many saves where this happens, and its just fustrating. I don't want to cheat to get rid of my injuries, I just want a more realistic experience when it comes to this part of the game.

Jakey, do you consistantly start your players tired (below 95%)? Rest them between games for a day or three, maybe a week? Is your training intensity too hard? Or are the injured players just the injury prone types? Btw I know it's difficult to avoid now, since you got a ton of injuries to deal with, but I would say players get jaded very easily in fm13 in comparison to earlier games. You can see this development in player profile screen. As Porto, your finances should allow you to build a squad with necessary depth for rotation, in Liga Sagres at least... :D

One thing to note is that the average length for injury now seems to be 2 or 3 weeks, which is pretty long. Don't know about realistic, but it's not much fun. Even if you're not doing a great deal wrong, a couple of injuries and you've got a mini-crisis going. For instance, my team's best striker is currently out for 3 months, and my starting XI left winger is out for 6-7 months. Some more bad luck and I can pretty much shut down the season.

So I had assumed this was down to the latest patch? My wolves save has ran for a few updates and it is only this last one where I have had roughly two injuries per game, annoyingly often in the first half

I went to Moskow to play CSKA and I lost Ben Arfa (broken ankle), Cabaye (torn hamstring) and Nainggolan (broken toe) together with cisse and taylor who also picked up slight injuries. All in the same game.

I've never seen this happen in real a game, ever.

Injuries are becoming a joke to me as well, Last match I played my striker got injured so I replaced him and my replacement striker got injured as well in the same match, So I had to play with 10 men due to me using up my subs..

Almost in every match somebody gets injured.

It's a bug in the latest patch.

Some people are claiming its not, saying that the match engine hasnt been touched and that the last patch was only transfers.
Whatever happened something is definitely wrong, I played 4 seasons with wolves a few months ago and maybe had 3 or 4 injuries total. Now I have one every single match, it has gone ridiculous.

Some people are claiming its not, saying that the match engine hasnt been touched and that the last patch was only transfers.
Whatever happened something is definitely wrong, I played 4 seasons with wolves a few months ago and maybe had 3 or 4 injuries total. Now I have one every single match, it has gone ridiculous.

Not necessarily to do with the ME, as I seem to be getting loads both in and out of matches, and I have the workload set to light! As you said, something has definitely changed, as my players are constantly getting injured, whereas before my players generally stayed fit.

Im spoiling my save by playing the game at the moment. not a great position to be in.

Ive had enough of it now. I have persivered with this game from the release date without complaining on here but this problem has really spoiled the game for me just beyond what I can put up with. I am getting at least one injury every game, often in the first half, the last few I have had to sub a player in the first 15 minutes. I have players out for 2-3 months, I have players out for a week then back and out for a month and so on.

I have really enjoyed my Wolves save and starting this 4th season I was really hoping to push for top 3 in my first progressive save in this years FM but the injuries have ruined my chances and its just frustrating to play and a big dissapointment.

Can't believe this isn't having an affect on everyone? Someone give me a shout when I can enjoy the game again please :)

Not claiming anything but this is amazing:
vitesse-v-sparta-home-ta.png