LewisFTW

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Long time since posting in here and I'm in a real dilemma and need some top advice from you guys.

I'm AC Milan, in my first season halfway through coming up to January, and doing brilliantly. I'm 2nd, having only conceded 4 goals so far, I cannot fault my defence and midfield for the work they've put in! But it's my strikeforce who are having the problems...

I've scored 20 goals all season so far, 5 of them have come from Robinho, 4 from Zlatan...and just one from Pato. Now, I know that it's only halfway through the first season, so I'm probably being a bit hasty, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Pato's underperforming and the fact he's made of paper. I'm doing great in the league, but he has cost me all too much in the big games against the likes of Inter (lost 2-1) and Napoli (narrowly won 2-1 but only thanks to Robinho), which is why I'm 2nd. He gets injured in almost every other game! 1 goal in 8 starts isn't good reading, especially when Inzaghi has scored 2 for me on 6 substitute appearances.

The question is, do I sell Pato? I'm aware of his abilities and his potential, but my scouts have been working hard, and I'm very tempted to buy Leandro Damiao as he looks like an absolute beast and he's only gonna get better in the next couple of years according to my scouting team. The fact is, Pato is putting in very sub-standard performances in an amazing 4-3-3 formation which has worked to my advantage with everyone else in the team doing well. It's all very well me getting results against Siena, Cesena and Novara, but I need to be doing better in my big games and my faith in the boy is waning. That, and Zlatan keeps getting yellow carded all too much + keeps picking up niggling injuries whilst away on international duty.

Sorry to blast you with a tonne of paragraphs, advice would be great thanks in advance guys!

In nearly all of my saves that have gone on for a few seasons, Pato rarely exceeds 10 goals a season. Whether its due to his injury proneness or a lack of ability I dont know, but the mixture of the two makes him a poor striker IMO. I would sell him if you can get good money for him, and you cant go far wrong with someone like Damiao as he just scores for the fun of it.

As he is young, I would be keep him and get him tutored by a more experienced striker in your squad, works wonders!

Keep Him, Loan Him out for a Few seasons to anybody, and then sign Carlos Fierro From Guadalajara and Nick Powell from Crewe for a combined fee of ?330K. Fierro gets more goals than Pato and he links up well with Nick Powell and Nick Powell is unbelievably versatile, he can play everywhere apart from Defence and Gk. He's A Must Sign!!