My Pentagon Challenge

Scott Dickson

Reaction score
I have recently undertaken the Pentagon Challenge. For those of you who don't know what that is I shall explain. This challenge requires me to load up areas from all 5 Continents, change my manager profile experience to "Sunday League Footballer", start unemployed and be able to win a the major championship on each Continent.

I thought I should document this epic tale for my fellow Football Manager Players. So lets start with the nations I loaded:

Argentina
Australia
Brazil
China
England
Italy
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
USA

Upon starting the game I immediately fired out my job applications to all available teams. And was rewarded with 12 successful applications (See screenshot). One of which was the Under19's Scotland job (Which I was surprise about). Anyway, I have decided that Africa will be the first Continent I will conquer, and will do so with F.C.A.K (See Screenshot). I will have to delve into the transfer market.

I wanted to try this challenge but I don't think I have it in me to go for as many seasons as it would take with teams I don't know, and for that reason, I will follow your attempt instead.:)

The season is upon my team and hopefully the pre-season friendlies have prepared my squad enough for the tough road ahead.

Below are the transfers I have managed to make so far. Even with a fairly large budget in terms of the South African Leagues not a lot of players will consider my team. I still have to offload more players as well to balance the wage budget. Again this is proving problematic as no teams are interested in signing my players. Even when I set their asking price to £0. Will need to think about this one. :S

Last edited:
May need to just release to deadwood that is clogging up your wage budget. You may need to pay out a bit in compensation but it'll be worth it in the long run

May need to just release to deadwood that is clogging up your wage budget. You may need to pay out a bit in compensation but it'll be worth it in the long run

The problem I have with this is that, despite my teams reasonably high transfer funds, they are basically a very poor club. Many of their players are far to inferior to that of the rest of the league and if I was to release my deadwood it might end with me getting the sack and the club going into administration. I might mess about with it a bit though and see what happens.

The season is underway and so far has went pretty well. I had an early defeat in the cup but its the league I am focusing on anyway. And with two 2-0 victories so far things couldn't have started better. I'm currently first in the league which you can see from the attachments. And below I have also attached my tactics.

I'm following and playing too, just started my game and on the second day Indepiendente offer me job, like wow didn't see that coming.

I'm following and playing too, just started my game and on the second day Indepiendente offer me job, like wow didn't see that coming.

Its quite strange some of the Job offers you get. I didnt get the Indepiendente job though. They knocked me back unfortunately.

I had to holiday from 1. January to 1. August to start my league

Hey guys, latest update with the team. Still undefeated in the league and sitting quite comfortable behind United FC (another team who offered me a job at the beginning of the season). I apologise for the slow updates at this time, however things will pick up and I shall be updating left right and centre (currently swamped with work at college)

If any of you wish to offer any advice as to how you think I should be runnings my squad, feel free to post it|) Any advice only helps my development:D

Here are the latest results from South Africa. Still top of the league with 8 wins and 1 draw, and the main thing is that I'm still undefeated. Managed to get one over on Tuks (team that beat me in the cup). Also had to remove a few leagues as well just to try and increase the game speed.

A lot of my college work is pretty much done as well so it should mean that I have more time to play Football Manager. Thanks for the patience.

Another update. Still undefeated in the league and looking good. Suffered a bit on an injury crisis but that seems to be over.

Back