My Pentagon Challenge

January now, and the transfer window has just opened. Unfortunately I finally lost in the league in a 4-3 thriller. In that game I went into the second half being 2-0 up and went 3-2 down. to bring it to 3-3 and finally to lose in the final minute.

So lets break this down a bit then. Starting with the player stats. Orlin Powell is top of the goalscoring table just now with 11 goals, he also has the leagues best average rating so far. On the topic if average ratings Chalwe (3rd), Hills (4th), and Mabe (6th) all join Powell on the table. Mabe also has the leagues second most assists with 7 and Masango has the 4th best Man of the Match awards with 3. Sando has a 90% pass completion rate and is sitting top of that table. While Oluwafemi is top of the red card table (he has been a disappointment so far this season and has done nothing but cause problems with the team).

Team Stats now. As you can see. I am top of the Form Table, the Away Form Table, both the goals and conceded tables and the games won in a row. I am also sthird in the Home form table. Surprisingly, I don't seem to be attracting fans to my games despite my high goal count and good run in the league (even though I am the leagues underdogs).

Now onto my transfers. Oluwafemi has to go. He has done nothing but cause problems for my team. There are also a few of my fringe players I am still looking to get rid of to reduce the last 1.5k wage bill that I am over by. I am also looking to bring in 1 or 2 loan players from the league above me.

Here's hoping the second half of the league is as successful as the first.

Im going to have a go at something similar to this il post some updates when i get up and going

Last edited:
Im going to have a go at something similar to this il post some updates when i get up and going
Its quite good fun, and a really good challenge. The person who initially thought this challenge up should really be proud of themselves:)

Good luck with your game when you start it and keep me updated:) Would quite like to see how anyone else doing this challenge gets on

ive started in brazil 2nd division 2nd in the state championship after 3 games so not to bad

Vilo (go) predicted to finish in this in 3rd and about mid table in the actually league. How u doin now?

Well I lost my second game but I'm still sitting top by a tidy 8 points, with 11 games in the league left to go.

Another update. Im almost towards the end of my first season, and have lost 2 games so far. However, I still remain in first place and have managed to increase the distance between first and second since my last update. It looks like I will definitely be getting promoted this season with only a handful of games remaining. Next update will be at the start of my new season, with my new transfers.

Started of this game and got the same team, the table is a bit different for me where i am slightly lower down after 16 games

A much awaited update. So the reason got of to a fairly decent start however after the first 3 games I suffered a major injury crisis as pictured. Need to pray that things get sorted before a big match against Ajax

Your injury picture is on the 14th september after your Ajax game, does that mean they all missed?

Your injury picture is on the 14th september after your Ajax game, does that mean they all missed?
Yeah sorry I forgot to take the picture before the game, but they all missed out on the game and I had to rely heavily on a lot of the players who didnt have a contract with my club for that game.

So with regards to my previous post with my pictures (because the injury picture was taken a week after the Ajax Game) with the exception of Zongo everyone else was injured for the Ajax game. Fortunately I managed to scrape a 2-1 win. So all in all it was a pretty god start to the league.

Good Result man!
Got a few more great results last night. Feeling right proud of my team. Managed to beat SuperSpor and Orlando Pirates. And i've just signed Quinton Fortune on a free contract to pass on some experience to my players. Sitting 4th I think just now. Will post the results later.

Big few months for F.C.A.K. Had a few fantastic wins as the images below will show and a few speed-bumps. But as it stands the team are sitting 7th place in the league, way above the predictions at the start of the season, and as a result the board have given me a cash injection. These funds allowed me to sign a few players, one of which is the prolific South African Quinton Fortune, who can play a number of roles as well as tutor my younger players. I have also managed to acquire the services of a few other player to help deal with the injury crisis and have signed a few quality players on pre-contracts for the beginning of next season.

Unfortunately Chalwe was badly injured and is out for 7 months, however it also plays to my advantage as he had just received a 5 game ban and I was forced to fine him 2 weeks wages. My punishments are as follows:

Suspension for 2 yellow cards (resulting in a red) - Issue a warning
If this happens a second time its a 1 week fine, then 2 weeks if it happens again.
Straight Red Card - 1 weeks fine, this happens again 2 weeks
Miss a training session - Weeks fine, 2 weeks if it happens again.
Disrupting the team harmony - Issue a warning, happens again straight 2 week fine. (This is because my teams harmony has resulted in my great results).

So far it seems to have worked out well as my players dont seem to object much when they received their punishment.

Back