My players do not want to sign contracts

valencian

Reaction score
hey. Im playing for finland club wich doesnt have big reputation . I finished 3rd last year and i will play in Europe. But my all 3 strikers do not want to sign a contract and want to move to a bigger club. Also if some other player is having a good season, so he never wats to sing a new contract.It happens every season. Is it possible to keep players in club for longer time? how?

I don't think so, had the same problem with low 2nd division german team in 08, when a player sees he can go to a better team he'll leave you'll just have to start all over again until you have gained a reputation as coach or your team has a better reputation

I understand your problem, it does get annoying and the worste things is when no1 makes any bids for them and the when his contract runs out he goes for free.

I think now it is imposible keep players like in Finish or other small leagues, where players always will want to move to Europe even you win 3 champinships in a row and do good performance in Europe.

well you can try this trick. Put them on transfer list at 50m or higher. Of course that you will not receive any offer for them . After a week or two you'll se that they no longer want to go to other clubs.

i would recommend trying to just get money for players who are set on moving on and try to bring in quality. have a look at a country called reunion

The following trick works 90% for me,you put the player on transferlist with a vallue where you are sure other clubs wont pay for it for example 55 mill.

Also put their status on Has no vallue to club or something like that.

Then wait 2-3 days then get him off the transferlist and put hes status back to important player.

Skip another day and 90% he will show that hes proud and willing to sign contracts again

edit:think it works all the time except if you really screwd up with your players like when they hate your or something like mourinho does with balotelli in 1st/2nd season?.
Just had a situation where I thought it didnt work but after a couple tries it did.
btw I dont think it will work when your player requested to put on transferlist so you have to do it before that

Last edited: