Reaction score
Hi all, this is going to run long because I talk to no one about this game in real life. I'm relatively new to the game, starting my second save after a 8 year run (boss at Man City in that save--all the money it feels like cheating)

I took over Sunderland in the premier league when the opportunity presented itself, and have been there for 2.5 seasons. Saved from relegation in first half season, EEC spot in first full season, and a stunning premiership title in my second full season (no restarts, quite a proud achievement).

Now, my tactics depend on a solid CM, and I picked up a killer regen going into my third full season at SAFC--his attributes are all very gaudy. He made Jack Collison expendable, and he was a key player on my championship run. (Kovacic is currently my back up). So, I shipped Collison off, and then signed Ter Stegen on a free to replace my other free aquisition Emiliano Viviano who I sold to Napoli. Viviano was one of the main reasons I won last season.

But Ter Stegen and this regen are clearly BETTER on paper, and my team is older (all the standard young guns on the roster, E. Torres, Sanogo, Niang, Digne, Zouma, etc) but while the last season was just explosive scoring and killer D, I'm getting dragged through the coals. Ranging from 3-4 on the table with little chance of catching Man U.

Long story short: Is there some hidden attribute that captures how hard players play or something for clutch? Cause I'm getting draws with two goal leads in the final 20 minutes of the match, and players seem to be lazier. Should I berate them more?!?!

i have always found being assertive or aggressive at half time team talks always gets my players through the 2nd half of the game

Concentration may be low in some of your players? As the game goes on or the pressure builds, I think this makes the chances of them making a mistake increase.

Determination is how hard they will try for you so always try to get determined players in the squad.

OK great, so I will check the determination and concentration. I guess those are the stats I'm glancing over. Maybe my squad identity has changed since last season with these players. Thank you so much for responding to a query about a 3yo game!