My players value is ridiculously low

FatBoyNr1

Reaction score
So I've been trying to figure out why my own players are worth so little compared to any other player. I was thinking of selling my left back Juan Sanchez Mino for around 12 million euros, despite his value being roughly 4 euros. But if you would compare Juan Sanchez Mino to any other left back within the price range of around 10+ millions, the stats would be pretty much the same. What I'm saying is that the valuation of my player is terribly wrong. But anyways, I tried selling him for 5 million (since that's the highest price anyone would offer me) and voilà. When the transfer was a done deal, his value had now increased to 10 million euros. From having a value of 4 millions in Catania, to 10 millions in Atletico de Madrid, in just one transfer.

Is anyone having the same problem? Because it's starting to **** me off.

Grateful for any response!

Was his contract running out ?

Maybe the reputation of the club too ...

And have you plaed him much ?

Also your players value rises after a good season and also rises after any transfer ...

I've had this problem with Celtic. Think it's to do with club/league rep and as the above said could well have been to do with his contract status. I've sold players at £8 million who then triple in value in the prem or la liga and it annoys me. But I guess it is the case in real life, Carrol, Henderson and Bent all went for inflated fees whereas equal/better players from lower rep leagues are sold at bargain prices.

His contract was just renewed.

I don't think it has anything to do with the reputation. Sure, Catania is a fairly small club but I'm playing in the Champions League.

He is kind of a key player, but I wanted to sell him on to earn some money for younger players.

The thing is, this problem occurs with ANY player in my squad. You might have heard of Bellusci, who is playing for the Italian national team in my save. Clubs will only offer up 14 millions for him. Meanwhile, a player with worse stats sells on for way more. It really makes the game less enjoyable..

It could be to do with the fact that you are offering him to clubs? This indicated that you want rid of the player, and might sell him at a lower price. Whereas if you were to knock back bids for your best player, a team might come in with an inflated transfer offer to tempt you into accepting the bid.

I actually have started to realise that the problem is the reputation of the club. I noticed many other smaller clubs selling players and then when they joined the bigger club their value increased.

The reason must be to make the game more realistic. I definitely understand the point of it but I think it's a little too broke, imo.

In reality it is the reputation of the club and the legue the club is in, if a player joins City or Barcelona from a "never heard of that club" the player will boost in value because of "why would City buy this player, he must have hidden talents + the media is all over it".

No, it has only partly to do with the club's reputation, and seems to be purely based on the rating/reputation of the competition once your team has a sizeable reputation of its own.

In my case, I play with Anderlecht in Belgium (3 stars reputation) using Classic Mode. After winning some Champions League titles (I am now in 2020), Anderlecht's reputation is Continental (+++) and I find myself at about the 10th spot of all football clubs, just below the Worldwide reputation teams.

On a certain moment, when I improved the reputation to I guess Continental (haven't really payed much attention to it) I saw a huge increase in player value, even for the less skilled players in my team. For instance, a midfielder who only is rated 2 stars (but the overview tells me it's 3 stars/good rating) his value went from peanuts to 7.500.000 euro. Just like that - it could be because of the publicity in Champions League games too - the value of my players improved greatly.

But, and too bad, the player value seems somehow limited to a invisible ceiling of 10-11 million euros, after that - no matter how much my players keep improving - it stays between these 2 values... very demotivating. Allready sold 2 worldclass players (5 stars) to Real Madrid for each 30 million, and that really seems to be the maximum I could get from them.. most 'top' clubs didn't even make a bid that high...

I hope Anderlecht's reputation will improve to Worldwide so I can get a more clearer picture of what can be expected. If so, I will report my findings here later on :)

I actually have started to realise that the problem is the reputation of the club. I noticed many other smaller clubs selling players and then when they joined the bigger club their value increased.

This

It could be to do with the fact that you are offering him to clubs? This indicated that you want rid of the player, and might sell him at a lower price. Whereas if you were to knock back bids for your best player, a team might come in with an inflated transfer offer to tempt you into accepting the bid

Exactly. Think of Carroll IRL. Plays well for Newcastle so Liverpool are interested. Newcastle don't really want to sell so Liverpool have to pay more than he is worth. Then form drops and Liverpool want to sell. West Ham know he is not wanted so offer less than Liverpool paid. Simple supply and demand.

No, it has only partly to do with the club's reputation, and seems to be purely based on the rating/reputation of the competition once your team has a sizeable reputation of its own.

In my case, I play with Anderlecht in Belgium (3 stars reputation) using Classic Mode. After winning some Champions League titles (I am now in 2020), Anderlecht's reputation is Continental (+++) and I find myself at about the 10th spot of all football clubs, just below the Worldwide reputation teams.

Yes and no. You have raised rep of both club and nation by winning CL but league rep grows much slower and needs other clubs also to do well in CL. You maybe winning CL but I doubt any other clubs from Belgium are getting close to the final and until they do Belgium Pro League rep won't grow (IRL UEFA rank 11/FM13 2.5 star at start? with just two teams in CL entering at qualifying stage). If you look at some of the threads where people have grown Celtic and Rangers to the biggest clubs in the world it still took ages for the rest of the SPL to catch up. I've read people doing the San Marino challenge actually 'help' the rest of the league by doing things like buying other clubs players for inflated prices and selling them quality regens cheaply to help grow the league.

Then why dont player values increase when you get promoted.... mine stay the same...

It's to do with the league and club rep. I had a regen who when I bought him at 22 for 6million from chivas, at that point his value was 2.2mil. After the transfer went through he was immediately worth 14million due to the Serie A being much superior to the Mexican liga and me being Napoli ( who by this time I had made to be the number 1 ranked club in Europe) who are much better rated than Chivas

First of all it comes to the amount you pay for him, then club rep has some say in that. After that its all about hes achivements and development. League rap has nothing to do with it, its all about the club rep as the club will fall and rise with promotion and demotion

First of all it comes to the amount you pay for him, then club rep has some say in that. After that its all about hes achivements and development. League rap has nothing to do with it, its all about the club rep as the club will fall and rise with promotion and demotion

Of course league rep has an impact on value. A player that scores 40 goals in BSP is not going to be worth more than someone who scores 20 goals in PL

Real life example - Rangers are demoted to scotish league 2. Their rep drops but they still have a lot higher rep than other teams in league. Their players value will drop dramatically.

Last edited:
Of course league rep has an impact on value. A player that scores 40 goals in BSP is not going to be worth more than someone who scores 20 goals in PL

Real life example - Rangers are demoted to scotish league 2. Their rep drops but they still have a lot higher rep than other teams in league. Their players value will drop dramatically.

Yes and that will be the players achivments.

Branding !!

Think about it as a combination of his branding + remaining time on the contract.

His brand is / and has been effected by his status and the status of the club he is branding him self with. HIs status will be effected by the club he is playing in and awards he gets, the goals he scores, i.e, what he is doing, how well he is doing it and at what level he is doing it. Playing in the national team and in Europe will also strengthen his brand and his word rep will get higher etc etc