My Problems With Modern Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark 19 times

Reaction score
I have recently recieved the news that my season ticket application at Old Trafford has been successful. I applied with a friend and we both have tickets together for next year. Another friend (yes, i'm that popular) was not given a season ticket but told he could have one near us. he phoned me up to tell me and i said surely they could arrange it so he was sat with us. Manutd said this was impossible and they couldn't rearrange things so next year, my friend will be sat on his own which, while fairly amusing, i don't want. It seems that we are the least of their priorities and as long as we pay the money for the tickets, they don't care about our enjoyment or experience.

Manchester City have recently renamed their stadium/ council house 'the etihad stadium'. For those unaware, Etihad translates to english as 'united' so next year man city will be playing in the 'united stadium'. Though this has been a great source of banter for me, i can't help feeling that football is regressing and teams are doing anything to get a bit of cash. Don't get me started with the 'sportsdirect.com@stjamespark situation!

I started going to fc united 4 years ago as my dad couldn't afford our season tickets at old trafford. Now i have managed to get in the position where i can afford a season ticket i have gone back, as i always said i would. I will still be in attendance of as many fc united games as possible which i suspect will be alot due to united rarely having saturday games.

I was initially not too bothered about kickoffs which were not on a saturday, but i have now recieved news that from 2013 fa cup finals will kickoff at 5:30, which will break a tradition, meaning that yet again, football is being taken from the real fans , like you and me, and given to buisnessmen who are only interested in one thing - MONEY!

just a few of my qualms with modern football
rant over.

You do realise you're moaning about money, something which Manchester United took advantage of at the start of the SKY monopoly? As for Etihad translating to 'United' whilst you could argue it does it's all about semantics. Etihad translate to 'unity', now as we're all aware unity/united is basically the same thing however in this case would you call Manchester United 'Manchester Unity'? No you wouldn't. So why will you be calling it the 'United Stadium'? Or is this another show of double standards, just like your money argument?

Not being grammar/point police by any means but Etihad means Union...

''Union Stadium'', Doesn't sound too bad to me as a stadium name...

You do realise you're moaning about money, something which Manchester United took advantage of at the start of the SKY monopoly? As for Etihad translating to 'United' whilst you could argue it does it's all about semantics. Etihad translate to 'unity', now as we're all aware unity/united is basically the same thing however in this case would you call Manchester United 'Manchester Unity'? No you wouldn't. So why will you be calling it the 'United Stadium'? Or is this another show of double standards, just like your money argument?
and i'm saying its wrong we took advantage, but we did spend money in the right places, academy etc. and i probably will continue to call it the council house, my point is how companies think they can just change the names of stadiums!

and i'm saying its wrong we took advantage, but we did spend money in the right places, academy etc. and i probably will continue to call it the council house, my point is how companies think they can just change the names of stadiums!

No one ever refers to it by the sponsor name, except for maybe the Emirates, because well, it's not such a tard name. So it's really just pretty irrelevant.

It will happen a lot more often, as clubs will get stadium sponsors to be in line with the UEFA rules in a couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.