My record against the big 4 is a joke - Man Utd

Bratone

Reaction score
I'm playing as Man Utd and I'm having an absolute shocker against the big teams, I only manager to beat Spurs.

View attachment 241729
View attachment 241727
View attachment 241726
View attachment 241725
View attachment 241724
View attachment 241723
View attachment 241722
View attachment 241721

My tactics:

View attachment 241720
View attachment 241719

I change my strategy from Control to Counter.I usually play on control at home and with counter away.I tried to adopt a defensive stance too against Chelsea and City when I almost won, changed my playmaker / regista to another defensive role but they still battered me.The match against City was a joke, concided 2 just after I went defensive.
What should I do ? I really don't know what is happening at the moment.

I always play on Standard, no matter who I'm against.

Do you do individual instructions against the opponent players? (e.g tackle hard - Hazard).

I suggest a defensive Mid in DMC instread of regista, Bastian doesn't have a great average rating as RGA so maybe put him as deep lying playmaker on defend or something

I always play on Standard, no matter who I'm against.

Do you do individual instructions against the opponent players? (e.g tackle hard - Hazard).

I suggest a defensive Mid in DMC instread of regista, Bastian doesn't have a great average rating as RGA so maybe put him as deep lying playmaker on defend or something

Yes, for example in the last match against City they played 4-4-1-1 so I focused their AMC (Jovetic) hoping that by doing that I will isolate Bony.Too bad he scored 3 against me.
Do you think I should play on standard too ?

Yes, for example in the last match against City they played 4-4-1-1 so I focused their AMC (Jovetic) hoping that by doing that I will isolate Bony.Too bad he scored 3 against me.
Do you think I should play on standard too ?
Personally I never ever play on Standard. So that's not the problem.

There's a difference when you're playing away, rather than at home. Try fiddling with whether you should exploit the flanks or the middle, okay in a higher/lower tempo, more direct or patient.

There's no one protecting the back 4/2! Any AMC, striker dropping deep or CM/A will thrive against this setup.

I can only say for myself, I'm also united but I've built a brilliant team in 2023, but this has been my formation for years

Flat back 4, 1 DC on Cover, one on Stopper

Left CM I think is playmaker

Right Cm is ball winning midfielder

LAM is an inside forward

RAM Winger support with shoot less often instruction

AMC is a shadow striker

Striker is F9

Can't remember all my instructions sorry.

Pre match talks I always say I expect them to keep good run going if theyre on one.

Or get revenge if you lost to them previously.

Also, give your WHOLE team a talk, then go through each set (defense, mid, striker) and say to them "I believe uou have what it takes, there's more to come from you)

Without fail most of the players look happy or motivated for me haha

There's no one protecting the back 4/2! Any AMC, striker dropping deep or CM/A will thrive against this setup.

How should I fix that ? Maybe if I change my Regista to a DLP ?

How should I fix that ? Maybe if I change my Regista to a DLP ?
You change it by having a steady role to protect the defence. One steady Defend duty is all you need. As it is, you're WIDE open in the transition phase.

One player suggestion I have is to use Mata as your first choice AP-A in place of Herrera.

He is amazing in that position. Just train him at CM.

Mata is fantastic anywhere, his stats are amazing. Ive got him as a right Raumdeuter/IF, and he's been tearing it up.

change Rooney to complete forward, di maria to IF or raumdeuter, herrera to CM attack and schneiderlin to cm defend, schweisteger to DLP defend, or if you play mata then put him AMC position with advance playmaker attack, both FB to FB support or auto.. i had a similar tactics and is working very well.. although it may concede a lot, i usually score more than i concede.