pabs1983

Reaction score
All

I have seen a number of posts where users have wanted to view stats in a spreadsheet, so i thought i would share my spreadsheet and data for users wanting to see one in action. The data for this game is from October 2013 and I am using a database of 40000 players. The sheet is fairly self explanatory, just select the player from the drop down and the report tab will display their suitability as a % based upon their attributes and the role requirements. You can also get a 'user defined score' based upon the attributes you select (upto 20) for the player.

I use this a rough guide only for assessing players for suitable positions. You still require to do some scouting yourself, this just makes assessing players that much easier (rather than trusting your backroom staff).

This file is a macro enabled excel book. If you dont trust the content, dont download. I am not in the habbit of writing malicious code.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GMTjaDFH_FLTJDLWk0X0s3SDQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any constructive feedback on how to make this better please leave in a comment below. If i get enough interest, i may create a version with all players in the game... This will make the file much larger though.

Can't make it auto update itself with new data every six months of game time can ya? (H)

Unfortunately not, you would need to extract the data and import it into the spreadsheet yourself. If i was to provide data 6 months into the game, it wouldn't be the same for me as is for you. It is mainly to see what players are available at the beginning of the game and provide insight into them.

Update

Ok, so i have tried to create a version of the spreadsheet with 325,000 players, but was unable to store efficiently in Excel (even on my 16GB RAM, i7 4770k Machine, it ran like a dog) so i have spent a few hours knocking together a web based system. I currently runs from my home dev machine, thus will only be available between 0800 and 2200 UK time. It has 325,000 players in the data base and utilises Crystal Reports for exporting of data.

You can find the site here (between the above times) http://scoutsoffice.darkology.co.uk. If there is any interest in this moving forward, i will look into hosting solutions to make it available continuously.

Again, constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Hi Fella,

Your website looks pretty good, just a quick question and forgive me if this is rude but how accurate are these. eg was after a BWM under 23 and 3rd in the list was Zuculini (spelling) now no one has mentioned him on here and I've not had much experience with him so does anyone know if hes actually good????

This is probably a very stupid question but what do the % mean I'm guessing the higher the better but what do they actually mean in term of game play and ability???

many thanks,

Zuculini is one of the best free midfielders at the start of the game. I always seem to miss out on him :(

Sorry i have neglected this for a while, but been very busy at work and only had time to get some FM playing in the last few weeks. As a result, i have updated my Sheet with data from FM2015. It contains all 330000 players at the start of a full game, exported and imported into the spreadsheet.

With regards to the % value, it is a percentage based upon the key attributes for a position. It will show how good technically a player is. You will still need to scout the player to determine if he will fit into your team.

If anyone wants a copy of the data in SQL format, let me know and i will make a .BAK file available for you to restore. I also plan on having the website back online some time soon, but at present, haven't got a hosting platform that supports the SQL side of the system and had to take the original site down due to performance issues of my other systems.

Hi,

Im interested data in sql format, also I can help you to find/setup mysql server. I plan to make stats web app based on this data.

Hi,

Im interested data in sql format, also I can help you to find/setup mysql server. I plan to make stats web app based on this data.

I am using MSSQL Server and have completely revised how i am storing the data. I am happy to provide you with the SQL Files if you desire them, but each years players are now in a single table rather than multiple tables. All other tables (such as Roles attributes, etc.) are in a master database and referenced dynamically.

Working out the code

Hey I'm a great fan of your scouting spreadsheet and would like to make something similar myself. I was wondering if you could skype me sometime to explain all of the code and why its there or write a small document explaining it!? It would be much appreciated!

Hyphron