mantpro

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, im asking to myself if this is happening to anyone else.. this is the problem: for example i give the order to one of my scouts to make a short report of Sergio Romero.. he say i will be able to sing Romero for 12,25 M .. i offer that, and AZ reject my offer.. i had to pay over 13M.. this happen to me with alot of players.. im loosing like 1M for each transaction, and this is very frustrating.. im wondering if this has happen to anyone else?

PD: Romero was my higher buy, and it not worth it AT ALL!! hes is completely useless he do like 3 goals in my own door.. and when a striker have a one on one occasion, have for shure the striker will make a goal.. Romero even move.. he put himself sideways and he throwns away after they kicked -.-..

Last edited:
you'll have to learn something:
DON'T TRUST YOUR SCOUT ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!!!

trust the scouts but don't trust them 100%
got what I mean?

Your scout estimates, if he knew the exact amount that wouldn't be realistic at all. FM is supposed to be as realistic as possible. How much did you end up paying for him?

Scout estimates aren't usually the exact amount.

Also, Romero is ****. Should've bought Ochoa.

Your scout estimates, if he knew the exact amount that wouldn't be realistic at all. FM is supposed to be as realistic as possible. How much did you end up paying for him?

13M.. he didnt start very well.. 4 matches and 4 own goals or so.. i send him to the bench for midle season and now hes doing it great (H)

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Also thanks to all for the help ^^

Usually the number in the scout report is their expected minimum asking price. If you customise the view on player shortlist screen you can add columns for scout's expected minimum and maximum asking prices.

The transfer fee that the scout is telling you is an estimate and its the bottomline fee that you have to put up in order for the other club to even take your bid seriously.

and yes, do not trust your scout. Even a scout with 20 20 potential and current ability judgement cannot tell you everything about the player, its the number of games he plays each season, the morale he has, the method of training he goes through that will turn him from an average player to world class.

Use your scout as a rough guide, he will be a ladder but you have to do all the climbing!