Big Scunny fan here, love seeing a story with them. I'll definitely be following :)

Oh, and while I remember, if you still need a great central defender, try Liam O'Neill from West Brom. I think he's in their reserves. But he comes cheap, and will last you all the way to the Premier League. Still have him with me now, trying to crack the top 2 :) Good luck. UTI!

Big Scunny fan here, love seeing a story with them. I'll definitely be following :)

Oh, and while I remember, if you still need a great central defender, try Liam O'Neill from West Brom. I think he's in their reserves. But he comes cheap, and will last you all the way to the Premier League. Still have him with me now, trying to crack the top 2 :) Good luck. UTI!
Thanks mate, really appreciate it and i will definitely look at O'Neill :) next update will be up very soon!

February
View attachment 377715

Only four games this month, still going strong

Results

Vs Plymouth
View attachment 377716
Goalscorers: Iwelumo & Canavan
Canavan grabbing us a late goal again, he is really good from corners!

Vs York
View attachment 377717
Poor result but i rested a few players for the fa cup tie against Birmingham, i thought players could come in and do a job against York but i was clearly wrong.

Vs Birmingham
Fa Cup 5th Round
View attachment 377718
Goalscorers: Shroot (2)
Into the quarter finals! Wow! The hero of the last cup tie, Shroot was at it again :)

Vs Chesterfield
View attachment 377719
Goalscorers: Mozika & Cooper OG
Really good result against a side who hammered us earlier in the season!​

League Table
View attachment 377720
9 point lead at the top now, looking certs for promotion!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 377721
Damien Mozika
He was superb this month and has been solid all season! and lets face it, his hair is awesome ;)

Wont be anymore updates today i dont think, unless i can find time before the England game but there will certainly be some tomorrow.
Can we win the league?

March
View attachment 378093
A few slip ups but overall another strong month

Results

Vs Torquay
View attachment 378094
Difficult result to take considering how well we played but we just couldnt take our chances

Vs Accrington
View attachment 378095
Goalscorers: Furman (2)
We played very well again in this game and Dean Furman got his first goals for the club. Happy days!

Vs Charlton
Fa Cup Quarter Final
View attachment 378096
It was a very even game but we couldnt find the goal to win it, we are so close to wembley! and the draw was made just after the game and whoever wins the replay will play Arsenal in the semis.

Vs Burton
View attachment 378097
Goalscorers: Welsh
Welsh got the only goal of the game but it could of been a lot more, we had chance after chance!

Vs Wycombe
View attachment 378098
Goalscorers: Davies & Iwelumo (2)
Iwelumo was on a slight run of not scoring but that soon came to an end in this game and we played brilliantly!

Vs Charlton
Fa Cup Quarter Final Replay
View attachment 378099
Absolutely gutted! last minute own goal, their shot hit the post and came off the back of Lee and went in :( we were so close to wembley but what an amazing cup run!

Vs Bristol Rovers
View attachment 378100
We never looked like getting anything from this game, Bristol played really well. Disappointing end to the month.

League Table
View attachment 378101
With just 5 games left we sit comfortably at the top, only a matter of time before promotion is confirmed
and hopefully the title will be ours too!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 378102
David Mirfin
Mirfin has been a rock at the back for most of the season, his partnership with Canavan has been great recently

And a special mention for Chris Iwelumo who broke the Scunny record for most league goals in a season
View attachment 378103

I will post the final games of the season later on :)
Promotion is in sight!
UP THE IRON!

April
View attachment 378205

Have we clinched promotion?

Results

Vs Cheltenham
View attachment 378207
Goalscorers: Iwelumo (3)
It was only fitting that an Iwelumo Hat-trick would lead to ....
View attachment 378209
GET IN!!!!

Vs Northampton
View attachment 378210
Goalscorers: Canavan, Aneke & Iwelumo
Another easy win and that was enough for the title!
View attachment 378211

Vs Dagenham & Redbridge
View attachment 378212
Goalscorers: Obika
Decided to give Iwelumo a rest and im glad Obika came in and scored a goal but i have my doubts that he will be good enough for league 1 but he is young and does have potential so we will see.

Vs Exeter
View attachment 378214
Goalscorers: Iwelumo
I decided to play a few of my youngsters, a few good regens got their debut. to be honest, we didnt even deserve to lose, but Exeter took their chances.

Vs Oxford
View attachment 378218
Last game of the season and a decent draw against eventual runners up Oxford. And Iwelumo got his 40th goal in all competitions!

League Table
View attachment 378223

We had a slow start to the season but once we got ahead we never looked back and we ended up winning the league by a comfortable margin, im feeling very excited for next season now!

End Of Season Awards

Fans Player Of The Year, League 2 Player of The Year & League 2 Top Goalscorer
View attachment 378225
Chris Iwelumo
Not really a surprise, he was prolific! 39 league goals is a great achievement. i just wish he was 10 years younger!
League 2 Assists Leader
View attachment 378227
Andy Welsh
20 Assists For Welsh, mainly from crosses to Iwelumo, im not sure he will be a key player in league one but im hoping he can still do a job after a really solid season!

I will do a pre season update tomorrow, hoping to put together a big squad with lots of depth for the new season!
:)

Congrats on promotion mate! :)
Iwelumo is an absolute beast, do you reckon you'll hang on to him for League one?
Also, on the Obika front, I developed him in my Scunny game, and he's still with me in the Premiership, usually bagging about 20 goals a season.
Well done anyway dude, loving the story so far! :) UTI!

Congrats on promotion mate! :)
Iwelumo is an absolute beast, do you reckon you'll hang on to him for League one?
Also, on the Obika front, I developed him in my Scunny game, and he's still with me in the Premiership, usually bagging about 20 goals a season.
Well done anyway dude, loving the story so far! :) UTI!
Thanks man :) i hope Iwelumo can still do a job in League one but ill be looking to get in a new striker because i cant see Iwelumo getting 20+ goals because his attributes are going down quite fast because of his age :( i might send Obika out on loan if i sign a new striker just so he gets some good playing time :)

View attachment 378387

Transfers
So i got rid of a lot of players who didnt perform, the likes of Matt Sparrow and Andy Dawson's contracts ran out so i decided to just release them. I then decided to sell one of my regens to Derby for 500k that could rise to 750k so i have a good amount of money to spend on the squad now.
Loans
View attachment 378354View attachment 378355
So our parent club Man united sent us two very good youngsters in Januzaj & Lingard! i was absolutely buzzing with these two because ive seen them play a lot in real life this pre season and they have both looked brilliant.
View attachment 378356View attachment 378357
These two i got on loan for experience and good squad players, ive always rated Darren Ambrose and i think he is good enough for the championship, i couldnt sign them on permanent deals because their wages are way too high, so why not get them on loan without having to spend a single penny.

Full Transfers

View attachment 378367
For me this is the marquee signing, i absolutely raided the transfer market and Tom Pope was on their by request, he was going for cheap and i was surprised as he was the league one leading goalscorer in the season thats just gone. i really rate this guy!

View attachment 378372
Just 100k for Don Cowie! i couldnt resist, he is easily good enough for league 1 and probably even the championship. he is going to be a key player for us
View attachment 378375
I managed to get Francois Zoko on a free which i was really happy about because this guy is a really good player for this league.
View attachment 378376
Our most expensive signing at 350k is Greg Tansey but ive had this lad before and he is brilliant, he could quite easily come all the way with us to the prem if we manage to get there.
View attachment 378377
Semedo was also on a free, im a bit wary because i know his discipline is beyond **** but he could be a good player for us in the defensive midfield position
View attachment 378378
Another free, i couldnt resist signing Flinders, he is a lot better than Richard Lee and i think he will do wonders for us for a few years
View attachment 378380
Yep im still going lol lots of signings and one was Tamika Mkandawire! i think he is a great player for this league and he only cost me something like 40k so he will be our rock at the back!
View attachment 378385
Yet another free and i think Arichibald-Henville could develop into a really good player, he will be backup for this season though.
View attachment 378386
I didnt actually realise how old Wade Elliot was to be honest lol i saw he was on a free and i thought he was a really good player but i honestly thought he was in his mid 20's ... oops haha he will be a good backup though regardless.

Right so clearly i have revamped the squad but it was vital, a lot of players we had last season wouldnt do very well in this league in my eyes so we needed some quality and experience, a lot of the players that played last year will just be backup or rotation options .

Another problem we had last season was no depth, we didnt have quality coming off the bench so i wanted 2 good players in each position and i have managed it without spending too much. i know its a bit of a risk buying so many players but i believe once they really gel together they can be a really top team.

I will post the start of the new season later on :)
let me know what you think of the signings.
UTI!

August
View attachment 378476

Really tough start to the season, but im not surprised as we have a lot of new players who need time to gel

Results
Vs Yeovil
View attachment 378477
Decent result and we could of easily won this, i hate how much i hit the woodwork in FM its ridiculous, its like 3 times a match!

Vs Middlesborough
Capital One Cup 1st Round
View attachment 378478
We were very unlucky to lose this match and its encouraging to see we are competitive against teams in a higher division then us.

Vs Shrewsbury
View attachment 378479
Poor performance and a poor result! Jose Semedo sent off, this is what i was worried about with him

Vs Bradford
View attachment 378480
Another poor performance and another sending off, this time for Sheehan

Vs Portsmouth
View attachment 378481

Goalscorers: Mozika & Shroot
Jed Wallace was just too good for us in this game! and a 3rd match in a row where we have gone down to 10 men, wtf!

Vs Swindon
View attachment 378482
Goalscorers: Pope
Finally a win and finally a Tom Pope goal! i really hope he is consistent from now on!

I Completely forgot to screenshot the league table but im sure we were like 19th at the end of this month

Player Of The Month
View attachment 378484
Tamika Mkandawire

It would have to be Mkandawire, he has been the only consistent player in a poor start to the season

Im keeping the faith as i believe its just a case of the team gelling together and getting used to the tactics!
ill post another update in a few hours :)

September
View attachment 378524

A much better month!

Results

Vs Coventry
JPT North 1st Round
View attachment 378525
Goalscorers: Zoko & Pope
Really good result! Im from Coventry so it was bitter sweet lol

Vs Brentford
View attachment 378526
Goalscorers: Tansey & Pope
Tansey scored a great free kick and Pope added to an impressive win over a strong Brentford side.

Vs Oxford
View attachment 378527
Goalscorers: Tansey & Lingard
Tansey scored a 35 yard screamer in this game, young loanee Lingard getting on the scoresheet aswell

Vs Mk Dons
View attachment 378528
Goalscorers: Januzaj
A draw was a fair result in this one, was quite a boring game.

Vs Bristol City
View attachment 378529
Goalscorers: Lingard
Tough game, Bristol scoring two reasonably late goals. but they are a very good side so we were a little unlucky

Vs Gillingham
View attachment 378530
Gillingham have grown into a really good league one side on this game and sat top of the league, so a 0-0 result wasnt too bad but again we hit the woodwork a silly amount of times! i hope SI fix it for the new game!

Vs Hartlepool
View attachment 378531
Goalscorers: Cowie
We should of scored more because we dominated the whole match but ill take an away win!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 378532
Greg Tansey
He is the Steven Gerrard of this team! cant fault him at all

Btw guys, i keep forgetting to do the screenshot of the league table at the end of the month because im getting so into this save lol i have gotten quite far into the season, ill do a big chunk of updates tomorrow night after all the footballs finished :) oh and why wont this thread go onto a new page?! its doing my head in, still stuck on page 3

I have bad news :'( i was on till midnight last night and got to the end of the season, i went to save and quit and got a crash dump mid way through and its corrupted my save :'( so this story is over, there is no way im starting all over again, its typical, the one save where i havent got bored once and did very very well, ***** up :( i do have a few screenshots just to sign off and to show you how we did in league one

View attachment 378853View attachment 378854
Yep we won the league, i cant even describe how gutted i am about this save messing up! Tom Pope was top goalscorer and Greg Tansey was player of the year.
We also went on a run of i think 29 games unbeaten.
thanks everyone who read this throughout though, i will 100% do a Scunny story when FM 14 comes out!
UP THE IRON

Ah ****, shame about the save corrupting :(
Well done on getting us promoted though dude. Well gutted for ya
UTI!