My six year plan to get Reading into the Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 4K

MWEST94

Reaction score
I have decided to start a game with Reading as I enjoy the way they play. I started off with the basic 4-4-2, with a target man and a poacher. I try and make sure that the team plays attractive, passing football.

I had a good pre season with a few wins and 2 draws (against Motherwell and Dunfermline). However, I had trouble getting Jason Roberts to score. However, I pleased with the overall squad perofrmances.
Signings:Pavon (free), Barkley (Loan), Msakni (1.1 mill). I also created me. My current ability is 100 and potential is 150. I also play cm.

First game at home against Derby started with 4-4-2. Started with Federici, Cummings, Pearce, Gorks, Harte, Msakni, Leigertwood, Robson-Kanu, Le Fondre, Roberts.

Finished the game 1-0 to Reading with a clinical finish from the edge of the box. Considering it was my first competitive game I was pleased with the win.

Match: Away at Cheltenham. Federici,Griffin, Pearce, Gorks,Connolly, Kebe, Leigertwood, Karacan,Mcanuff, Roberts, Le Fondre.

The game started off well with Karacan scoring a placed finish. The second was a header by Mcanuff through a Jimmy Kebe cross. Into the next round of the league cup!

Match. Away at Portsmouth. Federici, Cummings, Pearce, Connelly, Hart, Msakni, Karacan, Leigertwood, Mcanuff, Church, Roberts.

This game also started well with Mcanuff scoring from the edge of the box. In the 37th minute he scored a tap in. Msakni provided both assists and had a really good game. However, in the second half Portsmouth got two goals by Kitson and Etuhu. The game finished 2-2.

Match. Home to Leicester. Federici, Griffin, Pavon, Gorks, Mills, Msakni, Barkley, Karacan, Robson-Kanu, Le Fondre, Roberts.

The game was quite boring and finished 0-0.

Match. Away at Crystal Palace. Federici, Cummings, Pearce, Connolly, Harte, Msakni, Karacan, Cywka, Hunt, Church.

The game started slowly with no goals until the second half. Noel Hunt scored a placed after 55 minutes. Kebe made it 2-0 in the 89th minute. A good victory away from home.

Match. Away at Hartlepool in the League Cup. Federici, Griffin, Pavon, Gorks, Connolly, Kebe, LEigertwood, Cwyka, Le Fondre, Church.

A good 3-1 victory with goals from Le Fondre, Legeirtwood and Robson-Kanu (sub). A consilation from Richie Humphries for Hartlepool.

Transfer news: Decided to loan Mccarthy to Doncaster to gain experience.

Match. Home to Hull. Federici, Griffin, Pearce, Gorks, Harte, Msakni, Barkley, Karacan, Mcanuff, Church, Hunt.

A great game winning 4-2 with goals from Church, Hunt, Harte and Gorks. Hull's scorers were Mcclean and Brady.

Injury news: Federici out for a month. Decided to recall Mccarthy.

Unfortunetely I couldn't register Mccarthy.

Match. Away at Birmingham. Andersen, Cummings, Pearce, Gorks, Harte, Msakni,Karacan, Leigertwood, Robson-Kanu, Church, Hunt.

Lost the game 1-0 thanks to Adam Rooney.

looking like a good challenge pal, I like the tactic.

I'd try and make the thread a bit more attractive and interactive.

eg.
Add newspaper articles(breaking news) and graphics (see link) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1-renovating-cottage-new-journey-success.html

Also I have seen quite a few good stories where the writer asks for player recommendations etc. (see link) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/95395-making-mockery-manchester-3.html

This might get you some followers and support...

Good Luck and I'll keep an eye on your progress.
kino4city

Match. Away at Blackpool. Andersen, Griffin, Pearce, Pavon, Harte Msakni, Cywka, Karacan, Mcanuff, Church, Le Fondre.

Lost the game 5-2. Had play most of the second half with 10 men due to injuries and making quick subs. Goals for Blackpool were from Lua Lua, Ferguson, Eardley, Connelly (OG), Taylor-Fletcher and for me Msakni and Connelly scored.

If anyone knows how to get the best out of Jason Roberts, much appreciated?

Injury news: Griffin and Church injured in the last match.

Match. League cup at home to Hull. Mccarthy, Cummings, Pearce, Connolly, Harte, Kebe, Leigertwood, Karacan, Mcanuff, Roberts, Le Fondre.

This was a good game winning it 4-3 in extra time. It started with Fryatt scoring a hattrick at 5, 34 and 37 minutes. I thought I was going out until goals from Mills (sub), Harte and a Liam Cooper own goal. In extra time Simon Church (sub) scored a header to put me through. Unfortunately Roberts picked up his second yellow and was sent off.

Match. Away at Peterborough. Andersen, Cummings, PAvon, Connolly, Mills, Msakni, Barkley, Karacan, Robson-Kanu, Hunt, Le Fondre.

Boring 0-0 draw!!!

Back