My six year plan to get Reading into the Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 4K
Match. Home to Brighton. Andersen, Leigertwood, Pearce, Pavon, Griffin, Kebe, Karacan, Barkley, Mcanuff, Roberts, Church.

Won the game 1-0 thanks to an Alex Pearce header.

Injury news: Karacan injured in the last match for 2 weeks.

Match. Home to Burnley. Andersen, Cummings, Pearce, Connolly, Harte, Msakni, Barkley, Leigertwood, Robosn-Kanu, Le Fondre, Roberts.

It started off badly with Bartley scoring a tap in in 36 minutes. Roberts equalised in the 45th minute. Stanislas than put Burnley into the lead in the 63rd minute. Harte pull one back with a penalty in the 72nd minute.

Although the result wasn't that good I was pleased that Roberts got his first goal.

Match. Away at Leeds. Andersen, Griffin, Pearce, Connolly, Harte, Msakni, Karacan, Leigertwood, Barkley, Church, Roberts.

Leeds went 2-0 ahead through 2 goals from Ross Mccormack. An assertive teamtalk and 45 minutes later it was 3-2. The scorers were 2 from Kebe and 1 from Karacan. Also 2 of the goals were scored in the 87th and 93rd minute.

This was a great comeback by the team.

Match. Home against Cardiff. Andersen, Cummings, PAvon, Gorks, Mills, Kebe, Barkley, Leigertwood, Robson-Kanu, Church, Hunt.

Won the game 1-0 thanks to a Pavon header. Unfortunately Gorks was injured.

Federici is back, I probably leave him to gain some match fitness in the reserves for a couple of games.

Match. Away at Middlesborough. Andersen, Griffin, Pearce, Connolly, Harte, Msakni, Karacan, Leigertwood, Mcanuff, Le Fondre, Church.

Lost an even game 1-0 thanks to a goal from Zemmama.

My next game was against Man City in the League Cup at home. I decided to risk the poacher striker position for a defensive anchor midfield position, so a 4-5-1, with a target man upfront. Line up: Federici, Cummings, PAvon, Gorks, Mills, Leigertwood (Dm), Kebe, Barkley, Karacan, Robson-Kanu, Hunt.

Started well with Toure making a mistake allowing Hunt to score a simple finish. Pizarro then got himself sent off by challenging Shaun Cummings, which resulted in Cummings getting injured. As I was winning against 10 man city I decided to operate more defensively and counter against them. In the 59th minute Kebe scored a well placed finish through a fast counter attack. From this I decided to take off Hunt and play more defensively. Won the game 2-0. Great result!

Match. Home to Forrest. I decided to use the same tactics as the previous game. Line up: Federici, Griffin, Pavon, Gorks, Mills, Leigertwood, Kebe, Cywka, Karacan, Robson-Kanu, Hunt.

The game ended up 0-0. Kebe was also injured. I'm going to revolt back to my traditional 4-4-2.

I noticed that my team have picked up 35 yellow cards which only West Ham have more, 37. I decided to ajust my tactics so I can reduce the number of yellow cards.

Here's an idea mate, so more people can enjoy your story.

Limit the amount of post you have, have a couple of games in one post instead of a game or update per post.
Also try putting up screenshot, if you don't know how it's simply F12 when you're playing the game.
You got a potentially good story here, try to follow the same concept of http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/93338-potters-story.html

Match. Away at Coventry. I noticed that they sacked their manager and were sitting near the bottom of the table. This was a must win match! Line up: Federici, Connolly, Pearce, Gorks, Harte, Msakni, West (first start), karacan, Mcanuff, Le Fondre, Church.

Coventry started well and scored through a well place finish from Clive Platt. I told my team I expected a better second half. Church scored a header in the 49th minute followed by shot from outside the box by Mcanuff in 54 minute. We held on for another win. Again picked up 4 yellow cards.

Reading have announced the signing of Guti on a free transfer! He will add the creatvity Reading need to push for promotion. Him and Pavon will make Reading into the Premier League Galactico's!!!

View attachment 231712

I understand your point about making the story more interesting. I will add more screenshots and interesting stories. The reason I haven't really so far is because I was about 10/15 games through the season before I started posting my story!

Here's an idea mate, so more people can enjoy your story.

Limit the amount of post you have, have a couple of games in one post instead of a game or update per post.
Also try putting up screenshot, if you don't know how it's simply F12 when you're playing the game.
You got a potentially good story here, try to follow the same concept of http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/93338-potters-story.html

View attachment 231713

This is Chelsea's current position which was unusual. Also they won their last game against Wigan 2-1. Before that game they were bottom with 7 draws and 3 loses.

try posting through months, aka, after every month on your game, post it on here, plus make each post attractive to read, something to bring the readers in.

Back