josh1

Reaction score
I have started a new save with my beloved southampton. Life long supporter and im determined to do well. I have messed around with a few teams on football manager since buying it and so far i have only managed to complete one and a half seasons and have only tried a save with saints once.

So im now going to stick with this save and update my progress whenever i can. I would appreciate feedback from anyone taking a look at this and anyone that wants to give their opinion.

Im using version 11.2.1 and i have the LFCMARSHALL January Transfer update.

Large Database

Active Leagues:
English - Blue Square North/South
France - Ligue 2
Spain - LIGA adelante
Brazil - Second Division

I will post each month as i complete it.

JULY 2010

A productive first month in charge with a few interesting results in my friendly games. Managed to get a few signings to strengthen the squad, most of these being talented, young players. Another good point is that i managed to keep hold of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Morgan Schneiderlin and Jose Fonte, as they were all attracting interest from various Premier League and Championship teams.

View attachment 139923 View attachment 139926

Matches

Southampton Reserves 1 - 5 Southampton (Friendly)
An overpowering performance from the senior team with 5 different goal scorers. Young midfielder Harlee Dean has a good game for the reserves and it was good to see 18 year old striker Tony Garrod getting on the score sheet.

Wrexham 0 - 2 Southampton (Friendly)
Another dominant pre season win, would have liked it to be by a larger margin but all that matters in friendlys is the performance and fitness levels. Good to see Jonathan Forte getting a goal as a new signing but i would have liked for us to have taken more of our chances we had, as there were a lot.

Barnsley 0 - 2 Southampton (Friendly)
A great performance to go along with a great scoreline. Danny Uchechi got the first goal just a few days after signing for the club and Dan Harding celebrated his new contract with a good finish. A very good defensive performance and a solid midfield display ensured the win.

Eastleigh 0 - 3 Southampton (Friendly)
A comfortable win and yet another quality performance from the lads, should have scored more but we played some very nice football. I decided to give 16 year old defender Nicholas Wilkes a chance to prove what he is about and he didnt fail to impress having a solid game and getting on the scoresheet. Uchechi banged in another goal as well.

Cowdenbeath 0 - 4 Southampton (Friendly)
A less stronger side was put out to face Cowdenbeath without showing a lack of respect for the Scottish side but we were still able to dominate. Loaned winger Dany N'Guessan scored 2 and a few days after signing, 16 year old defender Ruben Dario managed a goal.

Chesterfield 0 - 1 Southampton (Friendly)
A good performance but a little dissapointed with the scoreline as we could have had 7 or 8 goals in this game. Never the less we are still looking sharp and Dany N'Guessan got another strike away.

Southampton 0 - 2 Stoke (Friendly)
We started very well in this game creating a few chances but the game changed in the 30th minute when young defender Aaron Martin saw a red card which changed the game. After that we failed to create anything and slumped to defeat. A game to forget.

Nottingham Forest 3 - 0 Southampton (Friendly)
A dissapointing end to a very promising pre-season peroid. A deserved defeat to a stronger opposition in this game, we failed to create many chances and had a sloppy defensive display. However 17 year old striker Sam Hoskins came off the bench and played well in the time he had despite poor performances from others.

Transfers

Out:
Andy Crosby (Assitant Manager) - Mutual Termination
Lee Holmes - 6 Month Loan - Oxford

In:
Gordon Bennett (Assistant Manager) - £40,000 - Plymouth
Febian Brandy - Free Transfer
Danny Uchechi - Free Transfer
Ruben Dario - Free Transfer
Ignacio Sierra - Free Transfer
Gonzalo Melero - Free Transfer
Etzaz Hussain - £210,000 - Manchester United
Hyago - Free Transfer
View attachment 139924 View attachment 139925 View attachment 139927

Other Info
Adam Lallana signs new 4 year contract.
Morgan Schneiderlin signs new 4 year contract.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signs new 3 year pre-contract
Dan Harding signs new 4 year contract
League Cup first round draw - Notts County AWAY

Last edited:
Look at other stories and get some ideas... This needs pics... I like southampton soo good luck and well done.