Dan_the_man

Reaction score
Hello! Long time viewer, first time poster so go easy on me :D

In to 2014-2015 season with my Southport team. Currently in my second season in League 1. Finished 11th last year, was on course for the play-offs but had poor results back end of the season. Won the FA trophy on route whilst in the Blue Square Premier.
Just thought i'd share because usually i'm pants at this football manager lark. Do plan on getting Southport to the Premiership

I've attached my current team - Longest serving player is my Captain Arassen Ragaven my scout spotted him whilst searching France. Been out of a club for 3 years since leaving FC Lorient. So picked him up on free whilst still in Blue Square North. Don't think he'll be able to cut it in League 1 though so could be his last season.
Managed get some old timers too. Got Jimmy Bullard on a free last season, decent stats but only plays well every 3 games, quite annoying.
And recently just signed Benjani, was out of a club for a season, tried to sign him a year earlier but wanted too high wages, but snapped him up now. Three sub appearance, scored 4. Looking good!
Goalkeeper Lewis Price was a quality signing too, stole him from Portsmouth, had a great season and got voted 'Fans Player of the year'.
It's difficult to form a team following promotion because players that were good in one league just can't hack it higher up. In my first season I got Everton (who last season, in fact, won the premierleague :S) as a Parent club and their loan signings definately help!

Please comment, would appreciate feedback, help, advice and i'm happy to provide other screenshot if people request

Thanks

Thank you. Yeah that was the plan but Evertons reserve squad contains all of 5 players at the moment :S

jus started a season wid southport hu u reacon i sign thn ?

I'd try Arassen Ragaven, if he's on your sized database.
Maximo Irrazabal - if you can get hold of him, promotion to league 2 will be a doddle!
Also, maybe Anthony O'shea - he'll score 20 a season, get you promotion, not much use after the blue square premier though.

Request a parent club too. Usually be able to choose Everton. Then loan players form there and other clubs within close proximity i.e. Liverpool, Wigan, Preston, Rochdale. Get a half decent scout and send him to france too.

Let me know how you get on, sorry for late reply

I've just started a game as Southport, been a viewer of these forums not a poster!
Being from Southport i've decided to start a game as my hometown club, could anyone reccomend a good assistant as Chris Price is shocking...

Enjoy your southport games guys!

I live in southport and went to the game on monday (2-1 against northwich victoria), who from the original squad scored the most goals?