• Kind of

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It`s Boring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigBoss85

Reaction score
I had lost my passion for FM 2010 :'(. I had tried a shed load of teams from Barca to Coventry, but nothing. I had giving up trying, until........

Last sunday I logged onto FM Base and I was flicking though the forums then one caught my eye.

Zidave`s Stoke story, after reading his story it inspired me to try a new season with my beloved Stoke City. And I am loving every second.

I am only in September but its going very well, brought a few players in and I am first in the league, not a diffcult start to the season but none the less, a well earnt point at Enfield and a cracking 0-3 against Fulham away from the Brit is great result.

I feel this maybe the carm before the storm ?!?!?, with picking up injuries and only a small squad, no funds left to spend in January, this great start could turn into a free fall or will the Rip Roaring Potters march on......................

Thanks for the shout mate and well done on your start!!
I didn't lead the table until the 32nd game in my 4th season!!

What tactic are you using?
I found Complete Domination tweaking the defence and attacking corners worked well.
You will need to sacrifice your wingers though but will raise you some cash.

Tuncay is quality as an attacking midfielder despite his average finishing skills.

Keep it up!!

Nice start but you've only played 4 games don't get your hopes up yet :p

The Potters are still going strong, with help from Tuncay.

The Potters are still going strong.

Zidave- Formation is 4-4-2 at home and away to beatable teams. (Will get screenshots)

And 4-1-3-2 against the big teams i.e Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Villa and Everton. Then hit them on the counter attack

And thanks for the tips.

Tuncay

One Word- Awesome. Playing him up front. ( Check screenshot of him)

Spurs

The might of Tottenham came to the Brit, and were lucky to escape with a point. Spurs opened the scoring from a Peter Crouch header, but the Potters replied before half time with Tuncay rounding Gomes.
Gomes had a blinder ( 9.0 rating). It was all Stoke pressure unlucky not to win, but would of taken a point before the game.

Hull

With us ( Stoke) still being unbeaten in the league and the prospect of playing a struggling Hull, we had high hopes before the game. The Potters got off to a shocker 2-0 down in the first half an hour, Stoke trailed by two at half time. A inspired team talk and goals fromTuncay and Beattie. Saw Stoke take a hard earnt point.

Bristol and Portsmouth

A comfortable win over Bristol City in the league cup, with a Kiston double. And a impressive 3-0 win over Pompey at the Brit. Tuncay, Poulsen and Etherington. Progression into the next round of the cup and 3 more points on the board.

Bolton

2-2, against Bolton. 0-2 up defensive errors from Shawcross cost us dear.Normally Mr Reliable. :mad:

Man City and Villa

It HAD to come. Our first loss of the season, Tevez ends goal drout at the Brit. But the mighty Potters keep marching on, with a impressive draw at Villa. Should of won but Reo-Coker scores in the 87th minute with a header to break Potters hearts.

Where next ?

We face a tough cup tie at St James Park, Castle are going strong in their league. Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Sunderland and Burnley in the league.

Very good start! I'll watch this and see how you do :) Good luck

Doing great mate and glad to see Tuncay banging in the goals for you.
Check out Artem Milevskyi as a potential forward to play alongside.
He will be £10m but pay over 36/48 months and it will be affordable.
However just remembered he is not as good on 10.3 though!!

Shawcross definitely benefits playing alongside an experienced partner. Him and Huth were a bit error prone.
Does Glenn Whelan ever get a game? He is good at popping up with a 30 yard screamer!!

Last edited:
My Formation/ Tactics

Home formation / against winable teams

At the Brit and against winable teams , I look to play 4-4-2 controlled and look to take the game to must teams. Get the ball wide, with short passing and look to dominate possession. And a slower tempo to my play.

Winable teams everyone excluding - Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Villa and Everton.

Away formation/ Top 8 teams

Teams with more quality, I play counter attacking football and look to hit them on the break. Increase the tempo of the game look to get the ball to my forwards quicker.

Screenshots

Yeah Shawcross is class but does make some silly errors, play him with Abdoulaye Faye who is faultless.

And yeah will take a look at Artem Milevskyi, cheers mate.

Whelan has bagged a few freekicks, yeah plays regularly.

Acceptably sliding down the table

Acceptably sliding down the table

The mighty Potters are beginning to slide down the table and are currently occupyng 8th spot. Despite this the mighty Potters have had a good November.

Taking 2 points from two giants

A 0-0 at the Brit, saw Stoke take a hard earned point from the title favourites Chelsea, who in truth should have had a 56th minute penalty, but were denied. Chelsea missed a host of chances, but praise must go to Abdoulaye Faye who had a blinder at the back for Stoke.

Stoke then had the task of traveling to the Emirates to face a struggling Arsenal. Stoke held a goaless draw until the 67th when the little russian popped up with a stunning goal to give Mr Wengers side the lead, this was short lived as Fuller popped up to pull the Potters level on 78 minutes. Well earnt point for Stoke at the Emirates

4 Points off Burnley and Everton

Everton travelled to the Brit, Stoke dominated possession early on and got their rewards from a James Beattie header. Stoke looked completely in control until Steven Pienaar popped up on the 79th minute to earn the Toffees a draw.

An easy 1-0 win against Burnley at Turf Moor for the Potter although the score line says otherwises, Stoke never looked like losing control of this game.

Quater Finals of the League Cup

The Potters have reached the quater finals of the League cup, after a hard fought tie against Championship leaders Newcastle Utd. Stoke came out on top with a 1-0 at St James park and now face Bolton in the quaters.

Last edited:
1 defeat so far!! Great stuff. Score a few more goals and turn them draws into wins and u could challenge for a Euro spot next season easily.
Are you creating chances but not scoring or are you keeping things tight all over as 10 goals conceded is great stuff.
Just about to post my update. Check out the defence!!